Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Help With Learning French

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Help With Learning French

I am an absolute beginner with French and I could use some advise from anyone who is attempting to learn a language from scratch as an adult. I would also gladly trade my English, Mandarin and Malay for your French. It baffles me how I managed to pick up multiple languages as a child but now I have no idea how to even begin. 

If you are a tutor (or aspiring to be one), a good samaritan, or you just wanna throw shade, I would love to hear from you guys. I am open to classes (on a budget), language partner, or whatever that could help me. 

The text you are quoting:

I am an absolute beginner with French and I could use some advise from anyone who is attempting to learn a language from scratch as an adult. I would also gladly trade my English, Mandarin and Malay for your French. It baffles me how I managed to pick up multiple languages as a child but now I have no idea how to even begin. 

If you are a tutor (or aspiring to be one), a good samaritan, or you just wanna throw shade, I would love to hear from you guys. I am open to classes (on a budget), language partner, or whatever that could help me. 

Eric LOct 21, 2021 @ 12:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1644 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Help With Learning French
Post 1

I don't know what you class as 'on a Budget'

At https://www.francaisgeneve.ch if the prices are ok for you, you will have a chance to learn Swiss/Francophone culture at the same time as the language

I don't know what you class as 'on a Budget'

At https://www.francaisgeneve.ch if the prices are ok for you, you will have a chance to learn Swiss/Francophone culture at the same time as the language

TogJay, Dec 2, 2021 @ 17:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

https://sites.google.com/view/davidkongfr/bonjour

https://sites.google.com/view/davidkongfr/bonjour

david KONG, Jan 25, 2022 @ 00:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

The Tandem app is a good way to practice too. You swap your native language with people who speak your target language.

The Tandem app is a good way to practice too. You swap your native language with people who speak your target language.

cliff h, Jan 25, 2022 @ 13:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

You could also try browsing “Professional services” in the Classifieds where you’ll find a multitude of offers from members who will be happy to help you.

It’s also a great way to make new friends.

Best, R.

You could also try browsing “Professional services” in the Classifieds where you’ll find a multitude of offers from members who will be happy to help you.

It’s also a great way to make new friends.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Jan 25, 2022 @ 14:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

@cliff 
The tandem app looks like helluva fun, I'm going to give a go. Thanks for that super suggestion!

@Ritchie
You're right, this forum is a great way to make friends. I now have a language partner who loves karaoke as much as I do. Thanks for taking the time to help!

@cliff 
The tandem app looks like helluva fun, I'm going to give a go. Thanks for that super suggestion!

@Ritchie
You're right, this forum is a great way to make friends. I now have a language partner who loves karaoke as much as I do. Thanks for taking the time to help!

Eric L, Jan 28, 2022 @ 10:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1644 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form