Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Help with clearing out 'cave' (I'm scared of spiders haha)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Help with clearing out 'cave' (I'm scared of spiders haha)

Hi all,

Bit of a silly request but I'm moving apartments in early April and need someone to help me clear out my 'cave' in the basement either the 30th or 31st of March. I went down there once a year ago to store items and haven't been back since as it was a bit of a terrifying experience for someone who's scared of the dark and spiders. Looked more like a dungeon than a 'cave'!! (Especially considering the building itself is quite modern) So basically no way I'm going back down there alone (and too embarassed to ask friends haha)

Anyway, happy to discuss a reasonable fixed price for your trouble :) Items include boxes of delicate kitchenware so a lot of care will be needed, as well as some bedding and misc items. I estimate it will take 3-4 trips. I live on the 2nd floor and the building (located Rue Jean-Ant Gautier) has an elevator. 

Thanks in advance!

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

Bit of a silly request but I'm moving apartments in early April and need someone to help me clear out my 'cave' in the basement either the 30th or 31st of March. I went down there once a year ago to store items and haven't been back since as it was a bit of a terrifying experience for someone who's scared of the dark and spiders. Looked more like a dungeon than a 'cave'!! (Especially considering the building itself is quite modern) So basically no way I'm going back down there alone (and too embarassed to ask friends haha)

Anyway, happy to discuss a reasonable fixed price for your trouble :) Items include boxes of delicate kitchenware so a lot of care will be needed, as well as some bedding and misc items. I estimate it will take 3-4 trips. I live on the 2nd floor and the building (located Rue Jean-Ant Gautier) has an elevator. 

Thanks in advance!

Aisha SMar 9, 2019 @ 02:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 720 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Help with clearing out 'cave' (I'm scared of spiders haha)
Post 1

Hi Aisha,

I coud help you for free but not before the 9th of April if this is ok for you ,keep me posted .

Cheers

Hi Aisha,

I coud help you for free but not before the 9th of April if this is ok for you ,keep me posted .

Cheers

hesham shafei, Mar 9, 2019 @ 02:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Aisha,

Cheers

Mar 9, 19 02:56

Hi Hesham,

Thank you!! Laughing Really sweet of you. I need to clarify with the agency regarding the dates as I told them I intended to vacate by the 5th of April  (which they noted) as would've moved to my new apartment by then however they insisted they can only release me from my contract on the 15th of April. So may as well keep having access to the apartment til then and take my time with the cave items. Will do a quick double check with them and get back to you but the 9th and shortly after should be fine.

And just to quickly clarify a line above, its 3-4 trips from basement to apartment and back Tongue Out re-read and realized it wasn't super clear

Thanks again

Hi Hesham,

Thank you!! Laughing Really sweet of you. I need to clarify with the agency regarding the dates as I told them I intended to vacate by the 5th of April  (which they noted) as would've moved to my new apartment by then however they insisted they can only release me from my contract on the 15th of April. So may as well keep having access to the apartment til then and take my time with the cave items. Will do a quick double check with them and get back to you but the 9th and shortly after should be fine.

And just to quickly clarify a line above, its 3-4 trips from basement to apartment and back Tongue Out re-read and realized it wasn't super clear

Thanks again

Aisha S, Mar 9, 2019 @ 09:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Mar 9, 19 02:41

I am ready to clean your CAVE by 100 chf. 

I am ready to clean your CAVE by 100 chf. 

Turbat Enkhbaatar, Mar 11, 2019 @ 11:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Hesham,

Thanks again

Mar 9, 19 09:15

I would also like to suggest that you take someone with you to visit the cave fairly soon to check that your stuff is all still there.  Cave break-ins are not unknown in these parts and it would be a pity to set up a removal arrangement if, in fact, your goods have gone walk-about.

And if they haven’t you might also like to give them a good brushing-down because they will no doubt be pretty dusty.

Courage and all the best,

R.   

I would also like to suggest that you take someone with you to visit the cave fairly soon to check that your stuff is all still there.  Cave break-ins are not unknown in these parts and it would be a pity to set up a removal arrangement if, in fact, your goods have gone walk-about.

And if they haven’t you might also like to give them a good brushing-down because they will no doubt be pretty dusty.

Courage and all the best,

R.   

Ritchie, Mar 11, 2019 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 720 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form