Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > How does lease take over work?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
How does lease take over work?

Hello, I am going to be moving out of my apartment. Could someone help me understand how I need to notify my regie. It is up for renewal next month, and the lease says either 3 month notice or - I have to do what? Submit 3 solvent files? I am a bit lost on how to go about it for a lease takeover. Advice here is helpful.

The text you are quoting:

Hello, I am going to be moving out of my apartment. Could someone help me understand how I need to notify my regie. It is up for renewal next month, and the lease says either 3 month notice or - I have to do what? Submit 3 solvent files? I am a bit lost on how to go about it for a lease takeover. Advice here is helpful.

Diya BanerjeeMay 3, 2022 @ 07:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1304 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: How does lease take over work?
Post 1

Usually, this depends on what is written in your individual rental contract. It could say, for example, 1 month notification period and you need to submit 1 solvent applicant file. If the contract is silent on the subject, then the general rules for the Geneva canton should apply.

Usually, this depends on what is written in your individual rental contract. It could say, for example, 1 month notification period and you need to submit 1 solvent applicant file. If the contract is silent on the subject, then the general rules for the Geneva canton should apply.

Johannes W, May 5, 2022 @ 14:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks as always, Johannes.

Thanks as always, Johannes.

Diya Banerjee, May 8, 2022 @ 00:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

If your contract is up for renewal next month, maybe you do not have to submit any solvent clients, but just to notify Regie that you will not be renewing the contract. It should be written in your Lease agreement if the notification prior to renewal has to be given one month prior to renewal date or some other period. If it is one month, you may be in position to just notify the Regie, if it is more, than you may need to find solvent client.

In order to find solvent client, my experience is that the best is to post the add on Comparis site. I had 2 visits and first aplication in 2 days from posting the add, and then 8 more visits, with three interested and solvent persons in 1 month. When I was doing it, back in 2018, it was free of charge. Am not sure how it works now. You can also post it here, on glocals, or on immoscout24, or Anibis. I am not sure how the last two work. 

If your contract is up for renewal next month, maybe you do not have to submit any solvent clients, but just to notify Regie that you will not be renewing the contract. It should be written in your Lease agreement if the notification prior to renewal has to be given one month prior to renewal date or some other period. If it is one month, you may be in position to just notify the Regie, if it is more, than you may need to find solvent client.

In order to find solvent client, my experience is that the best is to post the add on Comparis site. I had 2 visits and first aplication in 2 days from posting the add, and then 8 more visits, with three interested and solvent persons in 1 month. When I was doing it, back in 2018, it was free of charge. Am not sure how it works now. You can also post it here, on glocals, or on immoscout24, or Anibis. I am not sure how the last two work. 

Mia X, May 9, 2022 @ 12:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks a lot for all the info.

Thanks a lot for all the info.

Diya Banerjee, May 10, 2022 @ 00:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Checkout asloca.ch 

Checkout asloca.ch 

Sean C, May 16, 2022 @ 23:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Asloca is the tenants collective, they are really helpul with these kinds of things.

Asloca is the tenants collective, they are really helpul with these kinds of things.

Sean C, May 16, 2022 @ 23:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1304 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form