Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > How is Paquis primary school?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
How is Paquis primary school?

We are a family of 6, possibly moving to Paquis area. 

I would like to hear direct and recent or current experience with primary school in Paquis. 

Thanks

Rahim

The text you are quoting:

We are a family of 6, possibly moving to Paquis area. 

I would like to hear direct and recent or current experience with primary school in Paquis. 

Thanks

Rahim

rahim mNov 21, 2019 @ 14:02
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 808 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: How is Paquis primary school?
Post 1

Hi Rahim,

I'm Swiss and have lived 6 years in Geneva, got 4 kids and one thing I can tell you is Paquis is not the nicest area in Geneva. It's the red light district with many drug dealers and prostitutes, definitely not the best for kids. Nicer area (although expensive) is Champel or if you want to be better centered I'd go for Eaux-Vives (my kids attented school there for about a year), must say I did not like school there either (level not great) but at least the environment is better. If you are ready to go outside center of town then you will find much better schools for sure.

Good luck

Matthieu

Hi Rahim,

I'm Swiss and have lived 6 years in Geneva, got 4 kids and one thing I can tell you is Paquis is not the nicest area in Geneva. It's the red light district with many drug dealers and prostitutes, definitely not the best for kids. Nicer area (although expensive) is Champel or if you want to be better centered I'd go for Eaux-Vives (my kids attented school there for about a year), must say I did not like school there either (level not great) but at least the environment is better. If you are ready to go outside center of town then you will find much better schools for sure.

Good luck

Matthieu

Matthieu Broillet, Nov 21, 2019 @ 16:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hey Matthieu

I totally agree with your comments. i have been living in Champel since 2006 and then moved to a place in rive droit where it is much less expensive, but I definitely saw the differences, especially impact to kids. So I then moved back to Champel, which indeed is expensive for everything, do you recommend any other commune that is good for kids?

Typically i want to ask for the primary school (either private or public) in Chene-Bourg, Chene-bougeries, Eaux-vives, or Thonex...if any comments.

thanks very much in advance.

Hey Matthieu

I totally agree with your comments. i have been living in Champel since 2006 and then moved to a place in rive droit where it is much less expensive, but I definitely saw the differences, especially impact to kids. So I then moved back to Champel, which indeed is expensive for everything, do you recommend any other commune that is good for kids?

Typically i want to ask for the primary school (either private or public) in Chene-Bourg, Chene-bougeries, Eaux-vives, or Thonex...if any comments.

thanks very much in advance.

Jessica G, Dec 6, 2019 @ 22:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Rahim - did you move to Paquis in the end? I'd be interested to hear about your experience. 

Thanks, Sarah

Hi Rahim - did you move to Paquis in the end? I'd be interested to hear about your experience. 

Thanks, Sarah

Sarah Le Mesurier, Jun 18, 2020 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Sarah,  no not yet... Smile 

Hi Sarah,  no not yet... Smile