Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > I have just bought a car!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
I have just bought a car!
Hi! II have just bought a car in Geneva and having just arrived from England is there anything in particular I should know/require? An international drivers license perhaps? Anyone know of a good books of Swiss/French road signs? Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
Hi! II have just bought a car in Geneva and having just arrived from England is there anything in particular I should know/require? An international drivers license perhaps? Anyone know of a good books of Swiss/French road signs? Thanks!
NJCollinsJul 26, 2006 @ 12:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1058 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: I have just bought a car!
Post 1
- To get a swiss permits, informations are here: http://www.geneve.ch/san/permis-de-conduire-et-permis-d-eleve/welcome.asp?rubrique=echange-d-un-permis-de-conduire-etranger&titre=Echange_d'un_permis_de_conduire_?tranger
You'll need to go to the "bureau des autos" in Carouge.

- Still there, you'll need to get number plates, costing 40chf + 95chf for immatriculation

- An insurance, you'll need an "attestation" before getting your plates. Send me a message if you need more infos about it, I could get one for you.

- I (sometimes) use a big map of geneva, yellow from editions MPA, a 50 pages book with a street index. I also have basics maps, Michelin I think, but as they are in my car I can't really help you :) Anyway, mappy, via michelin or GPS makes things much easier...

Best regards,

R?my
The text you are quoting:
- To get a swiss permits, informations are here: http://www.geneve.ch/san/permis-de-conduire-et-permis-d-eleve/welcome.asp?rubrique=echange-d-un-permis-de-conduire-etranger&titre=Echange_d'un_permis_de_conduire_?tranger
You'll need to go to the "bureau des autos" in Carouge.

- Still there, you'll need to get number plates, costing 40chf + 95chf for immatriculation

- An insurance, you'll need an "attestation" before getting your plates. Send me a message if you need more infos about it, I could get one for you.

- I (sometimes) use a big map of geneva, yellow from editions MPA, a 50 pages book with a street index. I also have basics maps, Michelin I think, but as they are in my car I can't really help you :) Anyway, mappy, via michelin or GPS makes things much easier...

Best regards,

R?my
RemyS, Jul 26, 2006 @ 18:17
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1058 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form