Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > I want a cape

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
I want a cape

Hi everyone, I want a cape. Not the fancy kind you find at ridculously expensive stores that only go down to your waist. No, I want a cape, the type you would see in a period piece on a witch or someone going to a secret meeting in the woods. 

I've tried some key words on google but nothing is showing up. Does anyone know of a medieval wear shop? Or something along those lines? 

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone, I want a cape. Not the fancy kind you find at ridculously expensive stores that only go down to your waist. No, I want a cape, the type you would see in a period piece on a witch or someone going to a secret meeting in the woods. 

I've tried some key words on google but nothing is showing up. Does anyone know of a medieval wear shop? Or something along those lines? 

Sophie BOct 10, 2019 @ 11:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

13 Replies | 1032 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: I want a cape
Post 1

Try this.

Try this.

Casuistik, Oct 10, 2019 @ 13:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

You could try the Black Market store, they have lots of clothing in different period styles as well as corsets, masks, costumes, etc.

You could try the Black Market store, they have lots of clothing in different period styles as well as corsets, masks, costumes, etc.

Irka Virtual, Oct 11, 2019 @ 14:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

And I want a million dollars, but would add "please" when asking..............

sheila c, Oct 11, 2019 @ 18:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

This shop in Lausanne looks promising.. www.maniak.boutique

This shop in Lausanne looks promising.. www.maniak.boutique

derek grimes, Oct 12, 2019 @ 09:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Try 'Wish' or Amazon

Try 'Wish' or Amazon

JulianT, Oct 13, 2019 @ 14:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Oct 11, 19 18:43

Really ?!!

I would give a million lira if we could get rid of your grumpy politeness lessons to people who didn't ask you anything and who are not even rude in the first place.

I'm not connecting here very often theses days, but every time I do, I end up reading your bitter comments. Last time it was for a friend of mine.

And guess what, in the francophone code of politeness pointing out someones' lack of politeness is ... a lack of politeness in itself. And because of you I have to bend this rule.

Thanks for reading me, and je vous prie d'accepter mes salutations distinguées ;)

Really ?!!

I would give a million lira if we could get rid of your grumpy politeness lessons to people who didn't ask you anything and who are not even rude in the first place.

I'm not connecting here very often theses days, but every time I do, I end up reading your bitter comments. Last time it was for a friend of mine.

And guess what, in the francophone code of politeness pointing out someones' lack of politeness is ... a lack of politeness in itself. And because of you I have to bend this rule.

Thanks for reading me, and je vous prie d'accepter mes salutations distinguées ;)

Catherine M, Oct 22, 2019 @ 13:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

If it's for Halloween, I guess Wish won't make it in terms of deadline.

So depending on your deadline, why not a DIY cape ?
It's an easy shape to sew, whether you're a beginner or not, and even without a sewing machine.

If you go to a shop like Tissus Gras (rue de Coutance near Manor) or to Bernina (Praille commercial center) you'll find catalogues of patterns (but may takes times to get ordered...), and get an idea of what's possible ?

I used to collect some fancy outfits.
- an extra extra long dress, kind of medieval or gothic style, with beautiful bat sleeves, size 38-42 approx. It's currently red, with a lining in white/pinkish "dentelle anglaise", but could be dyed in black, I guess. Could be used as a dress or cut open to look like a coat (for sale, maybe ...).
- a gothic extra extra long black coat size 38 approx for someone quite tall (for sale, but original price was very high, so ....)
- a cape, black velvet with a pink silk (?) lining, waist lenght unfortunatley, but with an intersting thick collar (for sale)
- a beautiful cape, exactly the style you're looking for (ankle lenght, black velvet with a hood), but this one I keep it preciously, but could be used to copy a home-made pattern to sew.

Don't have pictures because everything is stored in boxes in the attic, but could make some if needed.

Most of these, I've bought them at the Plainpalais flea market, around this time of the year before Escalade.

Voilà :)

If it's for Halloween, I guess Wish won't make it in terms of deadline.

So depending on your deadline, why not a DIY cape ?
It's an easy shape to sew, whether you're a beginner or not, and even without a sewing machine.

If you go to a shop like Tissus Gras (rue de Coutance near Manor) or to Bernina (Praille commercial center) you'll find catalogues of patterns (but may takes times to get ordered...), and get an idea of what's possible ?

I used to collect some fancy outfits.
- an extra extra long dress, kind of medieval or gothic style, with beautiful bat sleeves, size 38-42 approx. It's currently red, with a lining in white/pinkish "dentelle anglaise", but could be dyed in black, I guess. Could be used as a dress or cut open to look like a coat (for sale, maybe ...).
- a gothic extra extra long black coat size 38 approx for someone quite tall (for sale, but original price was very high, so ....)
- a cape, black velvet with a pink silk (?) lining, waist lenght unfortunatley, but with an intersting thick collar (for sale)
- a beautiful cape, exactly the style you're looking for (ankle lenght, black velvet with a hood), but this one I keep it preciously, but could be used to copy a home-made pattern to sew.

Don't have pictures because everything is stored in boxes in the attic, but could make some if needed.

Most of these, I've bought them at the Plainpalais flea market, around this time of the year before Escalade.

Voilà :)

Catherine M, Oct 23, 2019 @ 09:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Thank you!! I didn't know how to respond to that person's comment, like hello, they're being the rude one here???? 

Thank you!! I didn't know how to respond to that person's comment, like hello, they're being the rude one here???? 

Sophie B, Oct 24, 2019 @ 12:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Actually this doesn't have the Halloween deadline, I just really like capes. The main reason I don't want to get it online is because Amazon totally gutted a town I lived in and women's clothing sizes are completely utterly random and even worse online. I'd like to try the thing myself. I have been considering making one on my own but I am a bit lost as to how to start. You last cape sounds amazing and if you'd be willing to give me the pattern I'd really appreciate it

Actually this doesn't have the Halloween deadline, I just really like capes. The main reason I don't want to get it online is because Amazon totally gutted a town I lived in and women's clothing sizes are completely utterly random and even worse online. I'd like to try the thing myself. I have been considering making one on my own but I am a bit lost as to how to start. You last cape sounds amazing and if you'd be willing to give me the pattern I'd really appreciate it

Sophie B, Oct 24, 2019 @ 13:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Now this here Sophie sounds like a girl to my liking, and who does not want a cape, what ? No excuses, reasons or thanks required either, I reckon and you go, girl !  (no idea, m'afraid, but I'll certainly keep an eye out for one for you.....)

Now this here Sophie sounds like a girl to my liking, and who does not want a cape, what ? No excuses, reasons or thanks required either, I reckon and you go, girl !  (no idea, m'afraid, but I'll certainly keep an eye out for one for you.....)

Eva D, Oct 24, 2019 @ 21:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Manor is selling long halloween costume capes at the moment - very Game of thrones styles.

Maybe one of these will be suitable 

Manor is selling long halloween costume capes at the moment - very Game of thrones styles.

Maybe one of these will be suitable 

julie j, Oct 27, 2019 @ 06:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Hello, Sophie!

I have a black light-weight but cosy cape that might interest you so please check your Inbox for more details.

Thanks, Ritchie

Hello, Sophie!

I have a black light-weight but cosy cape that might interest you so please check your Inbox for more details.

Thanks, Ritchie

Ritchie, Oct 27, 2019 @ 06:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Have you checked etsy ?
I've tried "velvet cape": lots of nice search results :)
https://www.etsy.com/market/velvet_cape

Have you checked etsy ?
I've tried "velvet cape": lots of nice search results :)
https://www.etsy.com/market/velvet_cape

Catherine M, Oct 27, 2019 @ 08:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
13 Replies | 1032 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form