Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Info needed on Conservatoire musique

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Info needed on Conservatoire musique

Hello All,

Could someone please provide me soem information about "Conservatoire Populaire Musique de Geneve? My daughter is 8 years old and very good in singing. Somebody suggested me she should go to Conservatoire instead of other private singing classes. But they say they do theory only until the age of 15 and then start proper singin. I am a bit confused why people prefer Conservatoir?

Can someone please guide me?

Also there are two- Conservatoire de Musique and other is Conservatoire populaire de Musique. If someone can also advise on the difference between the two?

The text you are quoting:

Hello All,

Could someone please provide me soem information about "Conservatoire Populaire Musique de Geneve? My daughter is 8 years old and very good in singing. Somebody suggested me she should go to Conservatoire instead of other private singing classes. But they say they do theory only until the age of 15 and then start proper singin. I am a bit confused why people prefer Conservatoir?

Can someone please guide me?

Also there are two- Conservatoire de Musique and other is Conservatoire populaire de Musique. If someone can also advise on the difference between the two?

Muskaan KMay 25, 2024 @ 18:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 109 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Info needed on Conservatoire musique
Post 1

Anyone to guide me on this please?

Anyone to guide me on this please?

Muskaan K, Jun 12, 2024 @ 10:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

The old Conservatoire de Musique now seems to have been renamed to the HEM Haute Ecole de Musique. It is for those who want to become professional musicians. (Confusingly, it is no longer situated at it's historical location, Place de Neuve, which has been taken over by the Conservatoire Populaire.)

The Conservatoire Populaire does have a good renomé. I once took a course thee (as an adult). It is an oficial school, supported by the authorities. If she were to pursue music seriously, it may be easier to get from the Conservatoire Populaire into the HEM.

I don't have any first-hand contacts with either institutions, so the above is only the impression that I have.

Feel free to contact me directly, and I will attempt to check out via my contacts.

The old Conservatoire de Musique now seems to have been renamed to the HEM Haute Ecole de Musique. It is for those who want to become professional musicians. (Confusingly, it is no longer situated at it's historical location, Place de Neuve, which has been taken over by the Conservatoire Populaire.)

The Conservatoire Populaire does have a good renomé. I once took a course thee (as an adult). It is an oficial school, supported by the authorities. If she were to pursue music seriously, it may be easier to get from the Conservatoire Populaire into the HEM.

I don't have any first-hand contacts with either institutions, so the above is only the impression that I have.

Feel free to contact me directly, and I will attempt to check out via my contacts.

tawb, Yesterday @ 11:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Many thanks for your reply. This is really good informatio.

Many thanks for your reply. This is really good informatio.

Muskaan K, Yesterday @ 13:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

And of course, if you want to chat, you can come to my conert tonight Smile :

https://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/geneva/115705.htm

And of course, if you want to chat, you can come to my conert tonight Smile :