Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Insurance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Insurance

Hello. My friend is having anxiety after having her permit B. She is required to get health insurance for her family and she was told that she has to pay retro for the 4 years behind, another 30 % for what i don't know and another 3 months . When my friend came here she has been paying for international insurance. Doesn't it count? 

The text you are quoting:

Hello. My friend is having anxiety after having her permit B. She is required to get health insurance for her family and she was told that she has to pay retro for the 4 years behind, another 30 % for what i don't know and another 3 months . When my friend came here she has been paying for international insurance. Doesn't it count? 

heavenscent700 dNov 2, 2020 @ 12:03
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 747 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Insurance
Post 1

Paying a posteriori for an insurance is a theft ... they are not covering any risk!

I could understand if it was a couple of months just when you arrive in Switzerland ... but having to pay 4 years back? Why didn't they notice it earlier. Normally to be able to use the international insurance, the canton needs to validate it, and if they do not acceot, they give you some time to get regular Swiss insurance, and otherwise they enroll you themselves in a compulsory one. But they have to inform you, cannot wait four years to tell you that!

Paying a posteriori for an insurance is a theft ... they are not covering any risk!

I could understand if it was a couple of months just when you arrive in Switzerland ... but having to pay 4 years back? Why didn't they notice it earlier. Normally to be able to use the international insurance, the canton needs to validate it, and if they do not acceot, they give you some time to get regular Swiss insurance, and otherwise they enroll you themselves in a compulsory one. But they have to inform you, cannot wait four years to tell you that!

ajimenezp, Nov 3, 2020 @ 11:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Because she belongs to the travailleurs sans-papiers until she was given a legal permit to work tru Papyrus. She have to get a Swiss based insurance and they said the international one isn't recognize.

Because she belongs to the travailleurs sans-papiers until she was given a legal permit to work tru Papyrus. She have to get a Swiss based insurance and they said the international one isn't recognize.

heavenscent700 d, Nov 4, 2020 @ 07:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi,

Before getting the B permit was she working with a temporary permit granted by the Papyrus projet? If she was granted a working permit, I believe at this stage the state gave her the chance to be regularized in all possible ways and Swiss healthy insurance was one of the conditions. 

The best would be to get in touch with https://www.hospicegeneral.ch/  I believe at this place they may have additional information. 

I wish you and her all the best.....

Hi,

Before getting the B permit was she working with a temporary permit granted by the Papyrus projet? If she was granted a working permit, I believe at this stage the state gave her the chance to be regularized in all possible ways and Swiss healthy insurance was one of the conditions. 

The best would be to get in touch with https://www.hospicegeneral.ch/  I believe at this place they may have additional information. 

I wish you and her all the best.....

Marcelo O, Dec 23, 2020 @ 21:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 747 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form