Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Is there a gymnastic club for amateur adults?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Is there a gymnastic club for amateur adults?

Hello everyone. I am going to work in Geneva soon. I am 28 years old, and want to study gymnastic. Is there a gymnastic club for amateur adults in Geneva? Many thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone. I am going to work in Geneva soon. I am 28 years old, and want to study gymnastic. Is there a gymnastic club for amateur adults in Geneva? Many thanks!

Shanlong DingApr 30, 2020 @ 13:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1123 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Is there a gymnastic club for amateur adults?
Post 1

Proper gymnastics (what is more precisely callled artistic gymnastics here) can be tough to find. I was in a similar situation and now I get my fix in two places: pole dance studios and circus schools.

Look up "Urban Shape" in Geneva and also dig through this page:
http://www.ecoleducirque.com/pages/cours/cours-adulte.html

You won't find proper gymnastics (pommels horses, balance beams, etc), but both pole dance studios and circus classes tend to offer balance (handstands, etc) classes and some tumbling. Also give "aerial dance" a try -- while the apparatus (silks, hoop, etc) are hardly the same, they do give you an opportunity to learn/use the same skills.

-J

Proper gymnastics (what is more precisely callled artistic gymnastics here) can be tough to find. I was in a similar situation and now I get my fix in two places: pole dance studios and circus schools.

Look up "Urban Shape" in Geneva and also dig through this page:
http://www.ecoleducirque.com/pages/cours/cours-adulte.html

You won't find proper gymnastics (pommels horses, balance beams, etc), but both pole dance studios and circus classes tend to offer balance (handstands, etc) classes and some tumbling. Also give "aerial dance" a try -- while the apparatus (silks, hoop, etc) are hardly the same, they do give you an opportunity to learn/use the same skills.

-J

Justin R, May 29, 2020 @ 08:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Is there a gymnastic club for amateur adults?
Post 2

Thank you!

Thank you!

Shanlong Ding, Jun 5, 2020 @ 09:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1123 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form