Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > It courses.. Where and what?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
It courses.. Where and what?
Hi. I would like to take some it courses and someday get work in the it sector. Are there any good english speaking schools? And what line would be wise to follow today? It have worked with it for over 10 years, but don't have any papers. So it's not a pc drivers licenses im searching for.

Thanks
Martin
The text you are quoting:
Hi. I would like to take some it courses and someday get work in the it sector. Are there any good english speaking schools? And what line would be wise to follow today? It have worked with it for over 10 years, but don't have any papers. So it's not a pc drivers licenses im searching for.

Thanks
Martin

MartinXMar 19, 2006 @ 22:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1139 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: It courses.. Where and what?
Post 1
IFAGE
Place des Augustins 19
1205 Geneve (Plainpalais)
022 807 30 00
www.ifage.ch
IFAGE
Place des Augustins 19
1205 Geneve (Plainpalais)
022 807 30 00
www.ifage.ch
Iolly, Mar 20, 2006 @ 18:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
It is in French.. My French is only good enough to say godday, godbye and so on. Anybody knows a school in English?
It is in French.. My French is only good enough to say godday, godbye and so on. Anybody knows a school in English?
MartinX, Mar 21, 2006 @ 01:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I was also looking for an IT course here, in English, and could not find one. I looked everywhere!

If I find one, I will let you know.

I will also write to some GoL members who are into IT.

What sort of IT stuff are you after, Martin?
I was also looking for an IT course here, in English, and could not find one. I looked everywhere!

If I find one, I will let you know.

I will also write to some GoL members who are into IT.

What sort of IT stuff are you after, Martin?
Nir Ofek, Mar 23, 2006 @ 11:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
This way it would be in English, and probably cheaper. Do a google on whatever course you want (MS certification, or whatever).

You'd need internet access, but you could use a i-caf?, if need be. Anyways, you can get ADSL from bluewin for 9.95 per month (150 bandwith) now, so there's almost no excuse to get home internet anymore!

Jenn
This way it would be in English, and probably cheaper. Do a google on whatever course you want (MS certification, or whatever).

You'd need internet access, but you could use a i-caf?, if need be. Anyways, you can get ADSL from bluewin for 9.95 per month (150 bandwith) now, so there's almost no excuse to get home internet anymore!

Jenn
Jennifer, Mar 23, 2006 @ 19:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
I don't know :) I have don't a lot of hardware stuff and setting up networks. So maybe it should be in that area. Security perhaps. The problem is I don't know, and would like to hear about the options.
- Martin
I don't know :) I have don't a lot of hardware stuff and setting up networks. So maybe it should be in that area. Security perhaps. The problem is I don't know, and would like to hear about the options.
- Martin

MartinX, Mar 23, 2006 @ 22:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
I have internet at home. Couldn't live with out it :D I am back from the good old bbs days! ;) The problem with online courses is that I don't get out. I would like to take a course where there are other people to discuss problems with and generally talk to. I think I'm becoming a nutcase if I have to sit behind my desk a home all day :)

-Martin
I have internet at home. Couldn't live with out it :D I am back from the good old bbs days! ;) The problem with online courses is that I don't get out. I would like to take a course where there are other people to discuss problems with and generally talk to. I think I'm becoming a nutcase if I have to sit behind my desk a home all day :)

-Martin

MartinX, Mar 23, 2006 @ 22:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
They are truly interactive courses - you can talk to the teacher and ask questions.

If you are truly IT conversant, I hesitate to direct you towards any of the small schools here - maybe a big company like Oracle gives classes... but in my (un)humble experience, most of the small Geneva schools employ teachers who just learned to use a computer in the past few years - far less experience than you - and I suppose you might be dissatisfied. IGAE would be an example.

I've taken a lot of free courses from Macromedia online, and they were really interesting. They often start in the evening, our time - and have about 20-30 persons. You can learn a lot about Macromedia FLASH, and all kinds of fancy website software.
They are truly interactive courses - you can talk to the teacher and ask questions.

If you are truly IT conversant, I hesitate to direct you towards any of the small schools here - maybe a big company like Oracle gives classes... but in my (un)humble experience, most of the small Geneva schools employ teachers who just learned to use a computer in the past few years - far less experience than you - and I suppose you might be dissatisfied. IGAE would be an example.

I've taken a lot of free courses from Macromedia online, and they were really interesting. They often start in the evening, our time - and have about 20-30 persons. You can learn a lot about Macromedia FLASH, and all kinds of fancy website software.
Jennifer, Mar 29, 2006 @ 14:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1139 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form