Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Kite surfing in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Kite surfing in Geneva?

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you knows a kite surfing school in Geneva, not sure even if there is enough wind for it, but worth a try :)

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you knows a kite surfing school in Geneva, not sure even if there is enough wind for it, but worth a try :)

Karim attiaJul 12, 2010 @ 10:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

75 Replies | 12730 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Kite surfing in Geneva?
Post 1

I have been looking for a kite surfing school as well, but no luck so far in Geneva.  Let me know if you find anything!!!

I have been looking for a kite surfing school as well, but no luck so far in Geneva.  Let me know if you find anything!!!

Ashley Sheffel, Jul 12, 2010 @ 21:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hey Ashley, I think i will be around the wakeboarding center this friday so i will look for Jean Marc guy. If i dig up something useful, I will let you know

Hey Ashley, I think i will be around the wakeboarding center this friday so i will look for Jean Marc guy. If i dig up something useful, I will let you know

Karim attia, Jul 13, 2010 @ 09:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

haha, I should read the forums before I post...I just asked if anyone here is a kiteboarder....I am originally from Australia and my kiteboard equipment arrives today...I have been here two months and so far there has only been one or two days where there has been enough wind...I am happy to help out with beginners too !!

haha, I should read the forums before I post...I just asked if anyone here is a kiteboarder....I am originally from Australia and my kiteboard equipment arrives today...I have been here two months and so far there has only been one or two days where there has been enough wind...I am happy to help out with beginners too !!

Tomek Celarek, Jul 13, 2010 @ 10:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

check this out guys....

http://www.kitebeaches.com/loc/lake_geneva___st__sulpice.html

st sulpice - on the way to lausanne - looks like not a bad spot...

check this out guys....

http://www.kitebeaches.com/loc/lake_geneva___st__sulpice.html

st sulpice - on the way to lausanne - looks like not a bad spot...

Tomek Celarek, Jul 13, 2010 @ 10:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

karim-  sounds good... let me know what you find out.  i'm going wakebaording on thursday so i can ask around as well.

tomek-  looks like a nice spot!  all my gear is still in the US... still figuring out  a way to get it here that doesn't cost a fortune... so for the time being i am stuck finding places that will rent gear.  and i am a beginner so someone to watch out for me/make sure i don't die is always a good thing to have around :)

karim-  sounds good... let me know what you find out.  i'm going wakebaording on thursday so i can ask around as well.

tomek-  looks like a nice spot!  all my gear is still in the US... still figuring out  a way to get it here that doesn't cost a fortune... so for the time being i am stuck finding places that will rent gear.  and i am a beginner so someone to watch out for me/make sure i don't die is always a good thing to have around :)

Ashley Sheffel, Jul 13, 2010 @ 13:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

my equipment just arrived !!! today - oh my god - soooo stoked !!! and my skateboard is here toooooooo - yaaaaay...

well, i'd love to watch out for you and make sure you don't die !

my equipment just arrived !!! today - oh my god - soooo stoked !!! and my skateboard is here toooooooo - yaaaaay...

well, i'd love to watch out for you and make sure you don't die !

Tomek Celarek, Jul 13, 2010 @ 14:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

hey guys, I love kite boarding as well. Am a beginner and would love some help. Have my own equipment here as well. Interested to meet up this week? Dijana

hey guys, I love kite boarding as well. Am a beginner and would love some help. Have my own equipment here as well. Interested to meet up this week? Dijana

Dijana Duric, Jul 13, 2010 @ 14:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Thanks tomek for the website, looks like we have a decent spot... we just need to figure out a place for equipment rental. again i will do some research this Friday and i will let you guys know. but man i have to warn you, i have never done this before.

Thanks tomek for the website, looks like we have a decent spot... we just need to figure out a place for equipment rental. again i will do some research this Friday and i will let you guys know. but man i have to warn you, i have never done this before.

Karim attia, Jul 13, 2010 @ 14:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

if we can find equipment rental i am so in!

if we can find equipment rental i am so in!

Ashley Sheffel, Jul 13, 2010 @ 14:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

guys guys guys, the enthusiasm is great but your forgetting a major pre-requisite for kiteing - WIND !! although the beginners won't need much of that...

guys guys guys, the enthusiasm is great but your forgetting a major pre-requisite for kiteing - WIND !! although the beginners won't need much of that...

Tomek Celarek, Jul 13, 2010 @ 14:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

i stumbled upon this website as well

http://www.airone.ch/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=125&

i stumbled upon this website as well

http://www.airone.ch/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=125&

Karim attia, Jul 13, 2010 @ 14:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

this site has some info on wind forecasts:

http://www.windguru.cz/int/

i will go for some wind and a big kite...good enough for learning!

this site has some info on wind forecasts:

http://www.windguru.cz/int/

i will go for some wind and a big kite...good enough for learning!

Ashley Sheffel, Jul 13, 2010 @ 15:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

i say bring on a good 25 knots of breeze for some crazy unhooking action...

or just a little wind so we can have a beer and get to know one another...

i say bring on a good 25 knots of breeze for some crazy unhooking action...

or just a little wind so we can have a beer and get to know one another...

Tomek Celarek, Jul 13, 2010 @ 15:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Hi guys,

I've never tried kite surf but I do snowboard, surf and wakeboard. I believe the next step could be kite and I would love to try it. If you guys manage to organize something let me know. I have will and wheels :)

Cheers

Hi guys,

I've never tried kite surf but I do snowboard, surf and wakeboard. I believe the next step could be kite and I would love to try it. If you guys manage to organize something let me know. I have will and wheels :)

Cheers

Oportoboy, Jul 13, 2010 @ 15:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
Hi guys,
I have followed this thread with excitement and would love to join and meet you all. I have done some windsurfing and have been always tempted by kitesurfing. I dont have any equipment either so if you know of a rental place would be great. So if you agree on some dates and hopefully wind permitting please let me count me in.

Have a nice day :-)
Alex
Hi guys,
I have followed this thread with excitement and would love to join and meet you all. I have done some windsurfing and have been always tempted by kitesurfing. I dont have any equipment either so if you know of a rental place would be great. So if you agree on some dates and hopefully wind permitting please let me count me in.

Have a nice day :-)
Alex
alexmaro, Jul 13, 2010 @ 15:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Hi

Did anyone find out if there is somewhere to get kitesuring lessons?

Thanks

Amanda

Hi

Did anyone find out if there is somewhere to get kitesuring lessons?

Thanks

Amanda

abuckley, Jul 27, 2010 @ 12:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

I'm also interested, but also don't have any gear.

I do have a week's worth of training in a kiteschool (and so, I'm still a beginner) and the certificate to go rent gear, if I can find somewhere to rent it. Would be great to kite with you guys.

I'm also interested, but also don't have any gear.

I do have a week's worth of training in a kiteschool (and so, I'm still a beginner) and the certificate to go rent gear, if I can find somewhere to rent it. Would be great to kite with you guys.

FerneyL, Jul 27, 2010 @ 13:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Hi,

Would be good to hook up with you and get out on the water some day. I have been kitesurfing in Alameda, California... but not for a while., mostly wakeboarding and surfing lately. I have my own equipment and would be happy to help out with launching kites/helping others learning. Also have a (small) 1.8m trainer kite for messing about with on land : )

Btw, also check out the Windfinder widget and iPhone/Android app with sites for Geneva:

http://www.windfinder.com/

Jon

Hi,

Would be good to hook up with you and get out on the water some day. I have been kitesurfing in Alameda, California... but not for a while., mostly wakeboarding and surfing lately. I have my own equipment and would be happy to help out with launching kites/helping others learning. Also have a (small) 1.8m trainer kite for messing about with on land : )

Btw, also check out the Windfinder widget and iPhone/Android app with sites for Geneva:

http://www.windfinder.com/

Jon

Jon A, Jul 27, 2010 @ 15:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Hey you guys,

i have checked with the people at the wakeboarding center and i was told that Kitesurfing is not "legal" @ the geneva Lake; the good news is that they pointed Hermance as the nearest option for kite surfing. they told me we should also be able to find equipment for rental overthere... i tried looking for a few websites, but my french is not that great, so if anybody has any info just shout out :)

Hey you guys,

i have checked with the people at the wakeboarding center and i was told that Kitesurfing is not "legal" @ the geneva Lake; the good news is that they pointed Hermance as the nearest option for kite surfing. they told me we should also be able to find equipment for rental overthere... i tried looking for a few websites, but my french is not that great, so if anybody has any info just shout out :)

Karim attia, Jul 27, 2010 @ 15:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

If you're having trouble reading French (or any language websites actually) use Google Chrome as your browser, it automatically translates pages as they load.

Oh and if you do find anywhere to kitesurf, I'm in too. Complete beginner but have used traction kites, just not on water.

If you're having trouble reading French (or any language websites actually) use Google Chrome as your browser, it automatically translates pages as they load.

Oh and if you do find anywhere to kitesurf, I'm in too. Complete beginner but have used traction kites, just not on water.

Chris S, Jul 27, 2010 @ 16:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Hey everyone, I'm with alexmaro -  I haven't tried this before, so I don't have the equipment yet. But my last roommate was a passionate kite surfer and I've also wanted to give it a shot. So are there any places around Geneve that offer lessons?

Hey everyone, I'm with alexmaro -  I haven't tried this before, so I don't have the equipment yet. But my last roommate was a passionate kite surfer and I've also wanted to give it a shot. So are there any places around Geneve that offer lessons?

Ariel R, Jul 27, 2010 @ 15:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

It is not allowed in Geneva lake? Huuuum :/ ... The other day I passed in Echenevex and I saw around 30 people doing Kite surfing, it was amazing!!! I don't know if it was a class, or a competition or just a meeting.... I would love also to learn, I am not sure but maybe there is a school in Echenevex, I can try to figure it out.

It is not allowed in Geneva lake? Huuuum :/ ... The other day I passed in Echenevex and I saw around 30 people doing Kite surfing, it was amazing!!! I don't know if it was a class, or a competition or just a meeting.... I would love also to learn, I am not sure but maybe there is a school in Echenevex, I can try to figure it out.

ddtxra, Jul 27, 2010 @ 21:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

I can confirm, as ddxtra mentioned, that Excenevex in FR is THE place to do kitesurfing. About 30 m in. drive from GVA, nice beach, shallow water, ideal for beginners

I'm not a kitesurfer myself but when there's wind there are a lot of people gathered. I do not know if there's a club, but I suggest keep an eye on  the meteo and just drive overthere and inform yourself.

Good luck

I can confirm, as ddxtra mentioned, that Excenevex in FR is THE place to do kitesurfing. About 30 m in. drive from GVA, nice beach, shallow water, ideal for beginners

I'm not a kitesurfer myself but when there's wind there are a lot of people gathered. I do not know if there's a club, but I suggest keep an eye on  the meteo and just drive overthere and inform yourself.

Good luck

Smitty, Jul 28, 2010 @ 07:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Hi ,

I am interested in a 4 days kite trip to Beauduc ( FR )  or any windy place 9 to 12 Sept.

If some of you are interested in carsharing (and have a car  :-) ... )

Let me know: 078 878 34 82

Hi ,

I am interested in a 4 days kite trip to Beauduc ( FR )  or any windy place 9 to 12 Sept.

If some of you are interested in carsharing (and have a car  :-) ... )

Let me know: 078 878 34 82

Matthieu R, Aug 17, 2010 @ 16:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Hi Matthieu and others,

I just arrived in Geneva and I am a beginner at kitesurfing. Unfortunatly Matthieu I have other plans for next weekend but I'll be happy to join any of you for another weekend of kitesurfing in September or October... It's great to see that we are several people here interested in this sport :)

Hope to meet you soon,

Claudie

Hi Matthieu and others,

I just arrived in Geneva and I am a beginner at kitesurfing. Unfortunatly Matthieu I have other plans for next weekend but I'll be happy to join any of you for another weekend of kitesurfing in September or October... It's great to see that we are several people here interested in this sport :)

Hope to meet you soon,

Claudie

claudie b, Sep 5, 2010 @ 00:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Hi Claudie, Matthieu and others,

I am also new to Geneva and interested in taking some kitesurfing lessons.  I have been an avid windsufer for years, but I have done very little kitesurfing.  Just a few lessons on land...

The following website has some useful links to kitesurf schools and rentals:

http://www.swisskite.ch/index.php?page=liens

Let me know if anyone is interested in a day trip next weekend.

Geoff

Hi Claudie, Matthieu and others,

I am also new to Geneva and interested in taking some kitesurfing lessons.  I have been an avid windsufer for years, but I have done very little kitesurfing.  Just a few lessons on land...

The following website has some useful links to kitesurf schools and rentals:

http://www.swisskite.ch/index.php?page=liens

Let me know if anyone is interested in a day trip next weekend.

Geoff

Geoffrey G, Sep 12, 2010 @ 10:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Hi Geoff-

I would totally be down for a day trip next weekend if we can find a place close enough that will do equipment and lessons and all.  I have been kite surfing a few times, but am still a total beginner and would love a good lesson to get me going.  Let me know what you decide to do!

Ashley

Hi Geoff-

I would totally be down for a day trip next weekend if we can find a place close enough that will do equipment and lessons and all.  I have been kite surfing a few times, but am still a total beginner and would love a good lesson to get me going.  Let me know what you decide to do!

Ashley

Ashley Sheffel, Sep 13, 2010 @ 21:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

Hi Geoff,

I'd be interested, too.

L

Hi Geoff,

I'd be interested, too.

L

FerneyL, Sep 13, 2010 @ 21:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

day trip sounds good...i have a fair bit of experience so can help out...

day trip sounds good...i have a fair bit of experience so can help out...

Tomek Celarek, Sep 14, 2010 @ 10:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

Hey guys,

I haven`t found anywhere that will privide rentals and lessons that is within striking distance for a day trip.  I will have another look tonight and let you all know.  If anyone has any suggestions please share.

Geoff

Hey guys,

I haven`t found anywhere that will privide rentals and lessons that is within striking distance for a day trip.  I will have another look tonight and let you all know.  If anyone has any suggestions please share.

Geoff

Geoffrey G, Sep 15, 2010 @ 11:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

Hi guys !!!

I might can help you with french I am from Lausanne but live in Geneva... For the legal thing... Everyone who kites surf in Switzerland know than it is not legal but they still do it... You will see next summer ;-) Apparently the police is not too strong with them... 

I have not tried yet but I want to learn kitesurf !

What do you think about organising a meeting with everyone just first to meet and then to see the different levels and looking after informations all together ?

I have a friend who is kitsurfing, I will ask him where we can rent or buy some materials  and let you know.

Hi guys !!!

I might can help you with french I am from Lausanne but live in Geneva... For the legal thing... Everyone who kites surf in Switzerland know than it is not legal but they still do it... You will see next summer ;-) Apparently the police is not too strong with them... 

I have not tried yet but I want to learn kitesurf !

What do you think about organising a meeting with everyone just first to meet and then to see the different levels and looking after informations all together ?

I have a friend who is kitsurfing, I will ask him where we can rent or buy some materials  and let you know.

Stéphanie K, Sep 15, 2010 @ 19:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

Hey Guys,

I just landed here in Geneva.

I am kitesurfing since 2001 and been an instructor for several years. It is quite cold these days and I don't know (yet) good spots but am sure going to explore. Let me know if you are planing surfing sometimes or have any questions about the sport. I hope my equipment will arrive soon and we can go surfing!

Cheers,

Uzi.

Hey Guys,

I just landed here in Geneva.

I am kitesurfing since 2001 and been an instructor for several years. It is quite cold these days and I don't know (yet) good spots but am sure going to explore. Let me know if you are planing surfing sometimes or have any questions about the sport. I hope my equipment will arrive soon and we can go surfing!

Cheers,

Uzi.

uzi blum, Jan 3, 2011 @ 19:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

late to the thread. just back in gva. Also a beginner, looking to get my own gear and prob do a couple long weekends in the tarifa and the basque country this summer.

How you all getting on kiting in geneva?

Would love to get involved, happy to help launch in exchange for help launching. 

Hope to be riding soon.

late to the thread. just back in gva. Also a beginner, looking to get my own gear and prob do a couple long weekends in the tarifa and the basque country this summer.

How you all getting on kiting in geneva?

Would love to get involved, happy to help launch in exchange for help launching. 

Hope to be riding soon.

alex k, May 4, 2011 @ 22:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

...even later to the thread, but would love to learn kite-surfing as well :-)!! has anyone found out anything about course (total beginner) & rentals close to GVA? would also be happy to go for a week-end course somewhere. 

cheers!

...even later to the thread, but would love to learn kite-surfing as well :-)!! has anyone found out anything about course (total beginner) & rentals close to GVA? would also be happy to go for a week-end course somewhere. 

cheers!

leisel, Aug 3, 2011 @ 23:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

Also new here in GVA and done beginners level course. Interested in renting equipment and joining a group/taking lessons. Did you guys form group in the end. Give us a shout if you did - or you got suggestions for weekend trips and places to go for classes.

Merci!

Also new here in GVA and done beginners level course. Interested in renting equipment and joining a group/taking lessons. Did you guys form group in the end. Give us a shout if you did - or you got suggestions for weekend trips and places to go for classes.

Merci!

Lene L, Aug 3, 2011 @ 23:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

Hi, just reading all the posts, anyone been Snow kiting yet?

I kite surf but I am keen to try the same concept on snow!

Cheers

Hi, just reading all the posts, anyone been Snow kiting yet?

I kite surf but I am keen to try the same concept on snow!

Cheers

kate b, Feb 11, 2012 @ 10:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37

Hello to everyone! This is my first post here and obviously about kitesurfing. I have been in June in Beauduc! What a great place and I am planning to go there also in the winter time so we can arrange a car or rent a mini-van and go there! Btw I am also organizing a trip in a windy spot (maybe Cabo Verde) in the last part of November. One week to learn and improve. If someone is interested let me know. The date and the spot to go are to be decided but we want a cheap place with a wind probability of 100%!!!

Hello to everyone! This is my first post here and obviously about kitesurfing. I have been in June in Beauduc! What a great place and I am planning to go there also in the winter time so we can arrange a car or rent a mini-van and go there! Btw I am also organizing a trip in a windy spot (maybe Cabo Verde) in the last part of November. One week to learn and improve. If someone is interested let me know. The date and the spot to go are to be decided but we want a cheap place with a wind probability of 100%!!!

Salvatore Da, Sep 4, 2012 @ 15:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

Hello All!

If you want to buy some equipment try to check:

http://www.kiteboarding.com/
http://www.handmade.de/
http://www.lonasport.com
http://www.surfshop.ee/
http://www.kite-line.com/
http://www.surfpirates.de/
http://www.kingofwatersports.com/
netsport.fi

For KingOfWaterSport you could use flexifoil2012 coupon code with 10% discount

I also found some nice spots near the Le Bourget-du-Lac.

+2 kitesurfers in GVA region

Hello All!

If you want to buy some equipment try to check:

http://www.kiteboarding.com/
http://www.handmade.de/
http://www.lonasport.com
http://www.surfshop.ee/
http://www.kite-line.com/
http://www.surfpirates.de/
http://www.kingofwatersports.com/
netsport.fi

For KingOfWaterSport you could use flexifoil2012 coupon code with 10% discount

I also found some nice spots near the Le Bourget-du-Lac.

+2 kitesurfers in GVA region

Roman F, Oct 2, 2012 @ 10:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39

Hello,

I just read your old question about kitesurfing in Geneva.

You probably found what you were loooking for but in Geneva the only place to kite is : la plage du vengeron at Chambésy. There is a windsurf,school and they just do the safety for kitesurf if you ask for.

When the North East wind blow (la bise) you have good conditions to ride there. but it is not for beginners.

Force 5 is a North kite Test Center if you need anything.

Just ask me if you need any information. I am always on watter when it s windy.

See you

Hello,

I just read your old question about kitesurfing in Geneva.

You probably found what you were loooking for but in Geneva the only place to kite is : la plage du vengeron at Chambésy. There is a windsurf,school and they just do the safety for kitesurf if you ask for.

When the North East wind blow (la bise) you have good conditions to ride there. but it is not for beginners.

Force 5 is a North kite Test Center if you need anything.

Just ask me if you need any information. I am always on watter when it s windy.

See you

vuillemin gael, May 4, 2013 @ 12:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40

If you need anything about kitesurfing around Geneva just ask me ..

Gaz

If you need anything about kitesurfing around Geneva just ask me ..

Gaz

vuillemin gael, May 4, 2013 @ 12:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41

Gaz: what's your water sport, is it wind surfing?

Gaz: what's your water sport, is it wind surfing?

Nir Ofek, May 4, 2013 @ 14:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42

Hi to all,

I am interested in meeting some people to kite let me know a day, even to have just a beer.. 

Cheers

Salva

Hi to all,

I am interested in meeting some people to kite let me know a day, even to have just a beer.. 

Cheers

Salva

Salvatore Da, May 6, 2013 @ 15:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43

Hi i have checked the wind forecast for Excenevex this Saturday 22/06/13 and it looks like stronger wind. i dont have much experience in kite surfing but would like to find out out what its like here in Geneva. Is there a school in Excenevex or is there someone who is good enough to teach/help with security? I have my equipment but used it only a couple of times.

Thanks,

Sven

Hi i have checked the wind forecast for Excenevex this Saturday 22/06/13 and it looks like stronger wind. i dont have much experience in kite surfing but would like to find out out what its like here in Geneva. Is there a school in Excenevex or is there someone who is good enough to teach/help with security? I have my equipment but used it only a couple of times.

Thanks,

Sven

Sven F, Jun 18, 2013 @ 12:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44

Thanks,

Sven

Jun 18, 13 12:34

Hi Sven,

I do not know where you look at the forecast but this is the site that I usually use and there is not 'strong' wind on saturday, I mean enough to go out.

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/excenevex

Let's organize Beauduc! Come with us!

Cheers

Salva

Hi Sven,

I do not know where you look at the forecast but this is the site that I usually use and there is not 'strong' wind on saturday, I mean enough to go out.

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/excenevex

Let's organize Beauduc! Come with us!

Cheers

Salva

Salvatore Da, Jun 18, 2013 @ 15:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45

its actually true. not much wind for this weekend. i must have looked at a wrong site. anyhow beauduc is nice i bet but i dont have the time to go there i am afraid. Excenevex ist the best i can get to so hopefully we will have a few windy wkends this year. maybe worth meeting up there on a windy day so we could help each other out a bit with starting the kite etc..

its actually true. not much wind for this weekend. i must have looked at a wrong site. anyhow beauduc is nice i bet but i dont have the time to go there i am afraid. Excenevex ist the best i can get to so hopefully we will have a few windy wkends this year. maybe worth meeting up there on a windy day so we could help each other out a bit with starting the kite etc..

Sven F, Jun 19, 2013 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 46

This is what you missed... next time come with me...

Salvatore Da, Jun 24, 2013 @ 16:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 47

Jun 24, 13 16:09

Salva: that looks great! Where was it taken?

Salva: that looks great! Where was it taken?

Nir Ofek, Jun 25, 2013 @ 00:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 48

It was in Grau du Roi it is not far from Geneva! If you want we can organize this weekend!!

It was in Grau du Roi it is not far from Geneva! If you want we can organize this weekend!!

Salvatore Da, Jun 25, 2013 @ 09:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 49

looks awesome. as i am on holiday next 3 weekends i cant do it but defnitly interested after. how far is it from geneva?

looks awesome. as i am on holiday next 3 weekends i cant do it but defnitly interested after. how far is it from geneva?

Sven F, Jun 25, 2013 @ 15:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 50

oh its below nimes so actually far for a little wkend trip. i think i will have to stay in geneva for that matter.

oh its below nimes so actually far for a little wkend trip. i think i will have to stay in geneva for that matter.

Sven F, Jun 25, 2013 @ 15:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 51

We went there just for the weekend!! We left on saturday morning and came back on sunday! It was perfect The trip back to geneva just take us 4 hours!! 

We went there just for the weekend!! We left on saturday morning and came back on sunday! It was perfect The trip back to geneva just take us 4 hours!! 

Salvatore Da, Jun 25, 2013 @ 16:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 52

well generally thats ok but i have a small son and i cant do that for a while. geneva lake is the best i can do so pls let me know if you are kiting there. thx.

well generally thats ok but i have a small son and i cant do that for a while. geneva lake is the best i can do so pls let me know if you are kiting there. thx.

Sven F, Jun 25, 2013 @ 17:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 53

my understanding is that kite surfing is not legal in the swiss part of lake Geneva/lac Leman. Just in the French parts?

my understanding is that kite surfing is not legal in the swiss part of lake Geneva/lac Leman. Just in the French parts?

Dave G, Jun 25, 2013 @ 20:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 54

Hello to every kiters,

sorry for m'y late answer but i had lost m'y password to answer.

kitesurfing is legal since last year in all switzerland. Only a few area are not alowed. Some place in Neuchâtel lake, Zurich ....

for Geneva you can start from le Vengeron and every where up from le Vengeron. Versoix, mies,  and all around the lake. Dépend the wind.

tomorrow we will have a NE wind and it coule be vers good to kite. 

I Will be at the vengeron . I am riding north and strapless. 

I Will soon orgenized for people who Knows good kitesurfing coaching to learn kite foil. With the foil you CAN start riding with a 10 m² and only 8 knods. The feeling is crazy, the speed is mad and you will fly over the watter .... Stay in touch !

gaz

Hello to every kiters,

sorry for m'y late answer but i had lost m'y password to answer.

kitesurfing is legal since last year in all switzerland. Only a few area are not alowed. Some place in Neuchâtel lake, Zurich ....

for Geneva you can start from le Vengeron and every where up from le Vengeron. Versoix, mies,  and all around the lake. Dépend the wind.

tomorrow we will have a NE wind and it coule be vers good to kite. 

I Will be at the vengeron . I am riding north and strapless. 

I Will soon orgenized for people who Knows good kitesurfing coaching to learn kite foil. With the foil you CAN start riding with a 10 m² and only 8 knods. The feeling is crazy, the speed is mad and you will fly over the watter .... Stay in touch !

gaz

vuillemin gael, Jun 25, 2013 @ 21:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 55

Hi Tomek,

Just saw your post about kite surfing in Geneva!

I'm just back from Paros where i started - level one done! - and I can't wait to get on top of a board!!!! So I was checking Geneva but doesn't seem a crazy good situation!

Happy to accept any help as I am indeed a beginner and even more happy to find buddies to try to go kite with when is windy :)

I don't really use glocals so maybe I give you my email after?

let me know!

Cheers.

Cate

Hi Tomek,

Just saw your post about kite surfing in Geneva!

I'm just back from Paros where i started - level one done! - and I can't wait to get on top of a board!!!! So I was checking Geneva but doesn't seem a crazy good situation!

Happy to accept any help as I am indeed a beginner and even more happy to find buddies to try to go kite with when is windy :)

I don't really use glocals so maybe I give you my email after?

let me know!

Cheers.

Cate

caterina l, Aug 22, 2013 @ 14:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 56

Ok I'm rubbish with glocals, I never use it but if maybe we could meet up for an drink somewhere like la barje or so to see who knows what about kite surfing in Geneva and take it from there!??!!

If there is not enough kite in Geneva maybe it's time to start it...

(Ahem if the wind helps us...)

Anyone in?

Ok I'm rubbish with glocals, I never use it but if maybe we could meet up for an drink somewhere like la barje or so to see who knows what about kite surfing in Geneva and take it from there!??!!

If there is not enough kite in Geneva maybe it's time to start it...

(Ahem if the wind helps us...)

Anyone in?

caterina l, Aug 22, 2013 @ 14:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 57

Great Charles,

Totally up for it! What about next Wednesday 28th after work?

anyone else happy to join?

Enjoy il lago di Garda!

Cate

Great Charles,

Totally up for it! What about next Wednesday 28th after work?

anyone else happy to join?

Enjoy il lago di Garda!

Cate

caterina l, Aug 23, 2013 @ 12:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 58

It's to far Smile

Maybe Grenoble?

It's to far Smile

Maybe Grenoble?

Roman F, Aug 23, 2013 @ 12:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 59

Sorry Roman....

Geneva ;) but we can keep you posted after for sure!

Sorry Roman....

Geneva ;) but we can keep you posted after for sure!

caterina l, Aug 23, 2013 @ 12:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 60

Can't Thursday but I send you my email we'll find a day :)

Can't Thursday but I send you my email we'll find a day :)

caterina l, Aug 23, 2013 @ 23:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 61

Hi All,

Where does everyone go kitesurfing here on Geneva Lake? Is it hard to learn? Never tried but want to go for it :) Please help.

Hi All,

Where does everyone go kitesurfing here on Geneva Lake? Is it hard to learn? Never tried but want to go for it :) Please help.

Karolis Marksaitis, May 21, 2014 @ 14:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 62

Hi, 

I started reading through all these posts but there are just so many so apologies if this is repeating a question but i'm new to Kitesurfing (just about board starting) and i'm keen to try and get as much done as possible this summer. I don't have kist yet but intend to buy it soon. Could you please let me know if anyone is going, so i can tag along? I'm living in Chamonix so it's only about an hour/hour and a half to where you guys were talking about (in the first posts, before i stopped reading and skipped to the end)

Cat

Hi, 

I started reading through all these posts but there are just so many so apologies if this is repeating a question but i'm new to Kitesurfing (just about board starting) and i'm keen to try and get as much done as possible this summer. I don't have kist yet but intend to buy it soon. Could you please let me know if anyone is going, so i can tag along? I'm living in Chamonix so it's only about an hour/hour and a half to where you guys were talking about (in the first posts, before i stopped reading and skipped to the end)

Cat

Cat T, Apr 29, 2015 @ 20:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 63

Hi Cat,

i would like to go kite surfing as soon as possible so I need to check wind forecasts.

dont know who else will be there.

if you are planning to go please let me know!

cheers

Sven

Hi Cat,

i would like to go kite surfing as soon as possible so I need to check wind forecasts.

dont know who else will be there.

if you are planning to go please let me know!

cheers

Sven

Sven F, Apr 30, 2015 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 64

HI,

I'm Belgian and kite since 2010. I Started working in Geneva 8 months ago. I Had my first ride last week in Hermance. I know quit good the different spots around and wind directions. If anyone wants to join me for next ride, let me know. ;)

Might be windy this thursday 21 may.

Let me know.

Dorian

HI,

I'm Belgian and kite since 2010. I Started working in Geneva 8 months ago. I Had my first ride last week in Hermance. I know quit good the different spots around and wind directions. If anyone wants to join me for next ride, let me know. ;)

Might be windy this thursday 21 may.

Let me know.

Dorian

Dorian De Brabandere, May 19, 2015 @ 13:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 65

Hi Dorian, 

I'm new to kite surfing and hence not very good but i'd love to join you next time you're going out. I'm at work just now but will be back (hopefully) this weekend. Do you think you'll be out? 

Also, i don't suppose you know of any schools in the area?

Cat

Hi Dorian, 

I'm new to kite surfing and hence not very good but i'd love to join you next time you're going out. I'm at work just now but will be back (hopefully) this weekend. Do you think you'll be out? 

Also, i don't suppose you know of any schools in the area?

Cat
Cat T, May 21, 2015 @ 06:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 66

Hi Cat,

I'm going tonight for a session in Hermance but as I understand you won't be in geneva before the weekend. I won't be in geneva this weekend but the wind will be good on saturday.  Unfor I don't  know any school in Geneva but saw a few times a van in the center advertising for kite lessons. Will try to find out where they are located.

Cheers.

Dorian

Hi Cat,

I'm going tonight for a session in Hermance but as I understand you won't be in geneva before the weekend. I won't be in geneva this weekend but the wind will be good on saturday.  Unfor I don't  know any school in Geneva but saw a few times a van in the center advertising for kite lessons. Will try to find out where they are located.

Cheers.

Dorian

Dorian De Brabandere, May 21, 2015 @ 11:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 67

hi cat,

you may want to check http://www.kiteautrement.fr/

indeed forecast are quite nicely windy from now to Sat.

rgds,

hi cat,

you may want to check http://www.kiteautrement.fr/

indeed forecast are quite nicely windy from now to Sat.

rgds,

pierre p, May 21, 2015 @ 11:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 68

Hi Uzi, 

Are you still around the Geneva area? I'm free on Friday/Saturday and was thinking about heading up from Chamonix to try and find a kitesurfing place but i noticed your post and wondered if you were still around and interested in giving lessons? I'm at the waterstart phase and to be honest i think i just need to get some time under a kite and practice but i'd be happier doing it with someone else around who knows what they're doing. Even if just for you to laugh at my epic fails. 

Cat

Hi Uzi, 

Are you still around the Geneva area? I'm free on Friday/Saturday and was thinking about heading up from Chamonix to try and find a kitesurfing place but i noticed your post and wondered if you were still around and interested in giving lessons? I'm at the waterstart phase and to be honest i think i just need to get some time under a kite and practice but i'd be happier doing it with someone else around who knows what they're doing. Even if just for you to laugh at my epic fails. 

Cat

Cat T, Jul 7, 2015 @ 11:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 69

Hi Dorian, 

I'm FINALLY back in France and am free this weekend, will you be out? And i guess more importantly do you know if i can hire kit anywhere?

Hi Dorian, 

I'm FINALLY back in France and am free this weekend, will you be out? And i guess more importantly do you know if i can hire kit anywhere?

Cat T, Jul 7, 2015 @ 11:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 70

Hi Cat,

I'm in Geneva at the moment but no wind expected for the coming days.

Btw, i'm selling my Flexifoil kite Atom 9m (just one repair but works perfectly) 2009 for only 300CHF. I used it few years and it's a very good kite as well for beginners or good kiters. If interested or someone else, let me know. Bar is in good conditions and chickenloop has just been changed.

Dorian

Hi Cat,

I'm in Geneva at the moment but no wind expected for the coming days.

Btw, i'm selling my Flexifoil kite Atom 9m (just one repair but works perfectly) 2009 for only 300CHF. I used it few years and it's a very good kite as well for beginners or good kiters. If interested or someone else, let me know. Bar is in good conditions and chickenloop has just been changed.

Dorian

Dorian De Brabandere, Jul 13, 2015 @ 14:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 71

Hello,

anyone kiteboarding actively around?

I'm at Neuchâtel, but ready to go anywhere for a good wind and good company :)

Planning to go to Beauduc for some weekend by car, seems like there's always enough wind there...

Hello,

anyone kiteboarding actively around?

I'm at Neuchâtel, but ready to go anywhere for a good wind and good company :)

Planning to go to Beauduc for some weekend by car, seems like there's always enough wind there...

Ilia Sergachev, Jul 19, 2015 @ 23:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 72

Hi,

I just tried kite in Croatia last week,

I would like to continue this activity in Geneva.

I am a beginner, but quite a sporty one. Could you please give me some hints on what would be the best way to proceed with the kite near Geneva?

Cheers,

Sergey

Hi,

I just tried kite in Croatia last week,

I would like to continue this activity in Geneva.

I am a beginner, but quite a sporty one. Could you please give me some hints on what would be the best way to proceed with the kite near Geneva?

Cheers,

Sergey

sergey, Sep 14, 2015 @ 15:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 73

https://www.backside-shop.com/

Ilse Parra, Jul 14, 2019 @ 02:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 74

Ilse Parra, Jul 14, 2019 @ 02:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 75

Jul 14, 19 02:36

In case you hadn't noticed, Sergey’s post is dated September 2015.

In case you hadn't noticed, Sergey’s post is dated September 2015.

Ritchie, Jul 14, 2019 @ 03:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
75 Replies | 12730 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form