Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Learning German in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Learning German in Geneva

Hi, I am Ana and I would like to learn German as my boyfriend is from the swiss german part. Do you know any good place that it is not very pricey in Geneva? Thank you so much in advance! :)

The text you are quoting:

Hi, I am Ana and I would like to learn German as my boyfriend is from the swiss german part. Do you know any good place that it is not very pricey in Geneva? Thank you so much in advance! :)

Ana GAug 5, 2019 @ 20:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 703 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Learning German in Geneva
Post 1

Dear Ana. Dear Jason:

Please take careful note:  the people are called German Swiss, i.e., they are Swiss natiionals who speak German as their native tongue.

The language is Swiss German, i.e, it is a variant of what is known as “High German”.

Thanks so much for taking good note,

R.

Dear Ana. Dear Jason:

Please take careful note:  the people are called German Swiss, i.e., they are Swiss natiionals who speak German as their native tongue.

The language is Swiss German, i.e, it is a variant of what is known as “High German”.

Thanks so much for taking good note,

R.

Ritchie, Aug 5, 2019 @ 23:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Dear Ritchie,

Thank you for the aclaration, even though the language I want to learn is German, not swiss german, as German would be better for my proffesional career.

All best, 

Ana

Dear Ritchie,

Thank you for the aclaration, even though the language I want to learn is German, not swiss german, as German would be better for my proffesional career.

All best, 

Ana

Ana G, Aug 6, 2019 @ 22:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Aug 5, 19 20:06

Hi,

Try www.newlingo.ch

Hi,

Try www.newlingo.ch

hay_, Aug 7, 2019 @ 13:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

www.ifage,ch

www.ifage,ch

TogJay, Aug 7, 2019 @ 17:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Ifage is very good, Migros school I havent tried but I think they have a lot of options as well. It also depends whether you want to join a class, or have a one-to-one lesson, in which case finding a tutor in Germany teaching via Skype is prob a lot cheaper than Geneva prices.

Also to consider is whether you want to reach a given level (A1 being the easiest).

Ifage is very good, Migros school I havent tried but I think they have a lot of options as well. It also depends whether you want to join a class, or have a one-to-one lesson, in which case finding a tutor in Germany teaching via Skype is prob a lot cheaper than Geneva prices.

Also to consider is whether you want to reach a given level (A1 being the easiest).

Francois F, Aug 8, 2019 @ 09:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

If you want to learn Swiss German (Berner dialect) then I thinki the Migros school still do this

If you want to learn Swiss German (Berner dialect) then I thinki the Migros school still do this

Paul E, Aug 9, 2019 @ 10:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 703 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form