Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Lease renunciation fees

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Lease renunciation fees

Hi all,

I have a question about the rental form for the regie. 

I read in the form from the regie that in case an apartment has been allocated to us and we reject the offer we have to pay some lease renunciation fees.

For example, in a form the regie writes "En cas de désistement si le logement est attribué, un montant de CHF 250.00 ttc vous sera facturé à titre de frais de renonciation au bail.".

It is not clear to me if these fees are due when one signs the contract and then change his mind or when they communicate the decision to allocate the apartment to you and then you do not want to sign the contract anymore

Do you know how it works?

Thank you in advance

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I have a question about the rental form for the regie. 

I read in the form from the regie that in case an apartment has been allocated to us and we reject the offer we have to pay some lease renunciation fees.

For example, in a form the regie writes "En cas de désistement si le logement est attribué, un montant de CHF 250.00 ttc vous sera facturé à titre de frais de renonciation au bail.".

It is not clear to me if these fees are due when one signs the contract and then change his mind or when they communicate the decision to allocate the apartment to you and then you do not want to sign the contract anymore

Do you know how it works?

Thank you in advance

maria lJan 22, 2021 @ 18:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 560 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Lease renunciation fees
Post 1

Hi Maria,

this is only applied if you verbally accept the conditions. Before making a contract they will contact you and ask if you would accept the flat. If you say yes, they will send you a contract under your name. At this stage, if you change your mind, I do believe you have to pay this fee since they invested time and effort doing it.

The text you are quoting:

Hi Maria,

this is only applied if you verbally accept the conditions. Before making a contract they will contact you and ask if you would accept the flat. If you say yes, they will send you a contract under your name. At this stage, if you change your mind, I do believe you have to pay this fee since they invested time and effort doing it.

Marcelo O, Jan 22, 2021 @ 22:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 560 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form