Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Leaving Geneva (sort of) - advice on permis de sejour

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Leaving Geneva (sort of) - advice on permis de sejour

Hello - I've started the complicated process of leaving Geneva at least part time but will keep an address here. I'm looking for advice on my permis de sejour and other matters but as always OCPM are not answering the phone. Has anyone found any good sources of advice? A person you can talk to? All help gratefully received.

The text you are quoting:

Hello - I've started the complicated process of leaving Geneva at least part time but will keep an address here. I'm looking for advice on my permis de sejour and other matters but as always OCPM are not answering the phone. Has anyone found any good sources of advice? A person you can talk to? All help gratefully received.

Sophie TholstrupJan 11, 2021 @ 13:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 158 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Leaving Geneva (sort of) - advice on permis de sejour
Post 1

Jan 11, 21 13:06

The only productive way to make contact with the OCP is to go to their premises in person and early in the day.

And then:  note the time of your arrival, the time you eventually get to talk to someone, note his/her name, and the time the consultation ends.  All of this in case of any future dispute as to what was said by whom and when.

Regrettably all this takes a lot of time and even more patience but it’s an antiquated system which the pandemic obviously doesn’t help.

So “courage” as they say and all the best in obtaining authentic answers to your questions.

Ritchie

The text you are quoting:

The only productive way to make contact with the OCP is to go to their premises in person and early in the day.

And then:  note the time of your arrival, the time you eventually get to talk to someone, note his/her name, and the time the consultation ends.  All of this in case of any future dispute as to what was said by whom and when.

Regrettably all this takes a lot of time and even more patience but it’s an antiquated system which the pandemic obviously doesn’t help.

So “courage” as they say and all the best in obtaining authentic answers to your questions.

Ritchie

Ritchie, Jan 11, 2021 @ 14:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 158 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form