Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Leaving apartment for holidays

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Leaving apartment for holidays

Hi all, 

I appreciate any advice, shall I turn off the electricity and heating on my apartment while I am on vacation (2 months)? or shall I leave those on to avoid problems?

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, 

I appreciate any advice, shall I turn off the electricity and heating on my apartment while I am on vacation (2 months)? or shall I leave those on to avoid problems?

Imelda WDec 21, 2021 @ 12:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1151 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Leaving apartment for holidays
Post 1

Central heating is normally turned off during summer. For electricity just make sure nothing is plugged in, set your fridge thermostat to a minimum, and no appliance on standby except if you have home security camera.

Central heating is normally turned off during summer. For electricity just make sure nothing is plugged in, set your fridge thermostat to a minimum, and no appliance on standby except if you have home security camera.

gerald m, Jun 24, 2022 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Leaving apartment for holidays
Post 2

Even if you leave during winter months you should not turn off completely the heating (lower it a bit instead), as your apartment will be cold and moldy when you come back.

For the electricity, unplug anything unused. Don't switch off the central electricity as you still needs the freezer and fridge to function!

Even if you leave during winter months you should not turn off completely the heating (lower it a bit instead), as your apartment will be cold and moldy when you come back.

For the electricity, unplug anything unused. Don't switch off the central electricity as you still needs the freezer and fridge to function!

TheOmegaMan, Jun 26, 2022 @ 11:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1151 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form