Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Linda Gilbert or Brian Bear Kadunc

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Linda Gilbert or Brian Bear Kadunc

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone happens to know Linda Gilbert or Brian Bear Kadunc? Linda posted an ad for an apartment on glocals that apparently meets all my needs. However, she says that she is in California and that the owner of the apartment is in Michigan. Therefore I haven't been able to see the apartment and won't get the keys until I have sent first month rent and deposit my moneygram to a US adress. Depositing money before getting keys is not unusual, but I am concerned that this might be a scam. I've googled both names and find nothing linking these names with Geneva. A building with the adress cited exists and Linda said she would send the keys to a shop in the "complex" but the adress is a building not a complex and there are no shops in the building. So it would be helpful if anyone knows either of these people.

Thanks Carolyn

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone happens to know Linda Gilbert or Brian Bear Kadunc? Linda posted an ad for an apartment on glocals that apparently meets all my needs. However, she says that she is in California and that the owner of the apartment is in Michigan. Therefore I haven't been able to see the apartment and won't get the keys until I have sent first month rent and deposit my moneygram to a US adress. Depositing money before getting keys is not unusual, but I am concerned that this might be a scam. I've googled both names and find nothing linking these names with Geneva. A building with the adress cited exists and Linda said she would send the keys to a shop in the "complex" but the adress is a building not a complex and there are no shops in the building. So it would be helpful if anyone knows either of these people.

Thanks Carolyn

carolyn buffNov 29, 2018 @ 12:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 858 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Linda Gilbert or Brian Bear Kadunc
Post 1

It shouds like a scam.

I'd never deposit the money before seeing the appartment.

It shouds like a scam.

I'd never deposit the money before seeing the appartment.

geojusto, Nov 29, 2018 @ 12:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks. I am quite suspicious.

Thanks. I am quite suspicious.

carolyn buff, Nov 29, 2018 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi,

Thanks Carolyn

Nov 29, 18 12:06

Your story is such a classic scenario it can only be a scam, so I’m afraid you are right to be wary and not comply with the “arrangements” for collecting the keys.

In the meantime, I suggest that you go back to the ad. concerned and click on the “Report to Admin.” tab to let them know what’s happened.

Meantime, don’t lose faith in glocals’ advertisers.  The majority of them are bona fide, so all the best in finding a new home.

Ritchie

Your story is such a classic scenario it can only be a scam, so I’m afraid you are right to be wary and not comply with the “arrangements” for collecting the keys.

In the meantime, I suggest that you go back to the ad. concerned and click on the “Report to Admin.” tab to let them know what’s happened.

Meantime, don’t lose faith in glocals’ advertisers.  The majority of them are bona fide, so all the best in finding a new home.

Ritchie

Ritchie, Nov 29, 2018 @ 18:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

As Robert DeNiro said in "Ronin", when there is a doubt, there is no doubt.

As Robert DeNiro said in "Ronin", when there is a doubt, there is no doubt.

JR M, Nov 29, 2018 @ 19:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thanks. I will do that.

Thanks. I will do that.

carolyn buff, Nov 30, 2018 @ 00:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

hi, same thing she told me.

Sent me pics of different kitchens. One american, the other e/uropean...Am keen to details. 

Since am not on ground yet and looking for a place, asked her to let a family member check the place out, she claimed she hasnt he keys blu bluh... which should one be letting or sub letting, there are ways to liase with whomever you leave behind to manage the place for you. long story short, deposit of 700CHF.... then one minute its 2000Chf a month, then next its 2100...Then there came the moneygram... once i asked for the swiss bank details to do the needful should all work out fine..

Anyhow, this is a scam. i did report to Admin for you can not ask people for money on 3 occassions of insisting for payment and signing an agreement when they havent viewed the place and done thier own due delligence.

Failing to send attachemtns of house at first and the so-called agreement..#buyingtime..

Beware!!!

hi, same thing she told me.

Sent me pics of different kitchens. One american, the other e/uropean...Am keen to details. 

Since am not on ground yet and looking for a place, asked her to let a family member check the place out, she claimed she hasnt he keys blu bluh... which should one be letting or sub letting, there are ways to liase with whomever you leave behind to manage the place for you. long story short, deposit of 700CHF.... then one minute its 2000Chf a month, then next its 2100...Then there came the moneygram... once i asked for the swiss bank details to do the needful should all work out fine..

Anyhow, this is a scam. i did report to Admin for you can not ask people for money on 3 occassions of insisting for payment and signing an agreement when they havent viewed the place and done thier own due delligence.

Failing to send attachemtns of house at first and the so-called agreement..#buyingtime..

Beware!!!

becky k, Nov 30, 2018 @ 08:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Ritchie

Nov 29, 18 18:36

well she told me it was her apartment and was looking after her very ill Grandma in Califonia for 6 months

well she told me it was her apartment and was looking after her very ill Grandma in Califonia for 6 months

becky k, Nov 30, 2018 @ 08:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Nov 30, 18 08:38

How could she be so sure her grandmother would b very ill for six months ?

How could she be so sure her grandmother would b very ill for six months ?

Ritchie, Nov 30, 2018 @ 10:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Carolyn, if after Becky's post, you still have any doubt, I offer to completely clear this out for you. Send me the address and any other information about the apartment. Post it here or send me a private message. I will go in person to the apartment/Building. I will look at the names on the door and mailboxes for Linda Gilbert or Brian Bear Kadunc. I will knock on the door, or ask neighbors. I will see if there are any shops on "the complex" or next door and ask them if they know those people and if they would agree to receive the keys and give them to a renter.

Really, I will do all that if you still have any doubts.

Carolyn, if after Becky's post, you still have any doubt, I offer to completely clear this out for you. Send me the address and any other information about the apartment. Post it here or send me a private message. I will go in person to the apartment/Building. I will look at the names on the door and mailboxes for Linda Gilbert or Brian Bear Kadunc. I will knock on the door, or ask neighbors. I will see if there are any shops on "the complex" or next door and ask them if they know those people and if they would agree to receive the keys and give them to a renter.

Really, I will do all that if you still have any doubts.

JR M, Nov 30, 2018 @ 11:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

And if you are here in Geneva and have already done all that and come back  empty, then you should just move on.

And if you are here in Geneva and have already done all that and come back  empty, then you should just move on.

JR M, Nov 30, 2018 @ 11:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Thanks Becky and JR M. I would like to get to the bottom of this one way or the other. Becky's note that she sent pictures of 2 different kitchens is interesting. 

JR M: Thanks for the suggestion to go look at mailboxes. I hadn't thought of that. And thanks very much for your offer to help. But if she can't give building code and mailbox info. I will also be completely satisfied that this is a total scam and that glocals users should take note.

Thanks Becky and JR M. I would like to get to the bottom of this one way or the other. Becky's note that she sent pictures of 2 different kitchens is interesting. 

JR M: Thanks for the suggestion to go look at mailboxes. I hadn't thought of that. And thanks very much for your offer to help. But if she can't give building code and mailbox info. I will also be completely satisfied that this is a total scam and that glocals users should take note.

carolyn buff, Nov 30, 2018 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Update: I asked for the building code and got back the post code. I asked for the name on the mailbox, and got back an address related to the moneygram recipient. 

Update: I asked for the building code and got back the post code. I asked for the name on the mailbox, and got back an address related to the moneygram recipient. 

carolyn buff, Dec 1, 2018 @ 17:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 858 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form