Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Living in Geneva and working in France/Germany

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Living in Geneva and working in France/Germany

Hi everyone! I have the reverse question of what many people on this forum ask.

Does anyone have any experience with a spouse of a UN staff member living in Geneva but getting a permit to work in France? Not sure what document we would need instead of a CDL (I.e. if we have to trade it for a work permit of some sort), how taxes and health insurance would work, etc. My partner has the option of being relocated to either France or Germany, so I'd be curious if anyone has any suggestions on which would be the preferable option. 

PS as with many others on the forum, I tried asking HR before coming here and they told me that they dont help with these matters :) 

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone! I have the reverse question of what many people on this forum ask.

Does anyone have any experience with a spouse of a UN staff member living in Geneva but getting a permit to work in France? Not sure what document we would need instead of a CDL (I.e. if we have to trade it for a work permit of some sort), how taxes and health insurance would work, etc. My partner has the option of being relocated to either France or Germany, so I'd be curious if anyone has any suggestions on which would be the preferable option. 

PS as with many others on the forum, I tried asking HR before coming here and they told me that they dont help with these matters :) 

Sonia CMay 25, 2023 @ 18:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 300 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Living in Geneva and working in France/Germany
Post 1

Forgot to mention that this is for someone with US nationality, as I am assuming that might affect the types of permits needed?

The text you are quoting:

Forgot to mention that this is for someone with US nationality, as I am assuming that might affect the types of permits needed?

Sonia C, May 25, 2023 @ 18:17
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 300 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form