Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Looking for a good P?quis restaurant for my Mum

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for a good P?quis restaurant for my Mum
Sunday 26th March is Mother's Day in the UK, and, coincidentally or not, my parents have chosen that weekend to pay their very first visit to Geneva. Naturally, being the good son that I am, I would like to take them out to a restaurant, especially if it's decent and offers some Swiss food "bon rapport qualit?-prix". I guess it doesn't have to be exactly in Les P?quis, but I hope my quartier can unveil some local culinary delights. Any sensible ideas gratefully received!
The text you are quoting:
Sunday 26th March is Mother's Day in the UK, and, coincidentally or not, my parents have chosen that weekend to pay their very first visit to Geneva. Naturally, being the good son that I am, I would like to take them out to a restaurant, especially if it's decent and offers some Swiss food "bon rapport qualit?-prix". I guess it doesn't have to be exactly in Les P?quis, but I hope my quartier can unveil some local culinary delights. Any sensible ideas gratefully received!
elvisMar 16, 2006 @ 22:39
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1179 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for a good P?quis restaurant for my Mum
Post 1
Most of the restaurants I go to in the Paq are of the cheap, international variety (eg, Ph? on the Rue de Lausanne). If you don't mind heading further afield, I would strongly recommend the following:

Caf? de March? (Plainpalais NOT Carouge)
Avenue Henri-Dunant 16
1205 Gen?ve/GE
022 320 85 46

Warm and friendly bistro, marriage of old and new. Fantastic, creative cooking with local ingredients and good Swiss wine (try the Absolu red - will blow you away). Tables are well-spaced apart and there are nice touches like the loaf of bread on the table that you cut yourself!

Caf?-restaurant Voyageurs
Avenue Gare des Eaux-Vives 6
1207 Gen?ve/GE
022 735 58 98

Another very friendly bistro with fresh, seasonal products. I had some of the best filets de perche ever there, not to mention their foie gras and other delights. Tables are closer together and it can get a bit rowdy but the atmosphere is great. They bring a basket with a selection of reasonably priced wines. Huge desserts too.
Most of the restaurants I go to in the Paq are of the cheap, international variety (eg, Ph? on the Rue de Lausanne). If you don't mind heading further afield, I would strongly recommend the following:

Caf? de March? (Plainpalais NOT Carouge)
Avenue Henri-Dunant 16
1205 Gen?ve/GE
022 320 85 46

Warm and friendly bistro, marriage of old and new. Fantastic, creative cooking with local ingredients and good Swiss wine (try the Absolu red - will blow you away). Tables are well-spaced apart and there are nice touches like the loaf of bread on the table that you cut yourself!

Caf?-restaurant Voyageurs
Avenue Gare des Eaux-Vives 6
1207 Gen?ve/GE
022 735 58 98

Another very friendly bistro with fresh, seasonal products. I had some of the best filets de perche ever there, not to mention their foie gras and other delights. Tables are closer together and it can get a bit rowdy but the atmosphere is great. They bring a basket with a selection of reasonably priced wines. Huge desserts too.
Fukamidori, Mar 17, 2006 @ 11:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
- Spices at the President Wilson Hotel. Expensive, though.
- Le Comptoir if you want to take them to a very hip restaurant (my parents aren't that hip, but maybe yours are!)
- I've heard that the Hotel Edelweiss on Place de la Navigation is supposed to have a good fondue and Swiss atmosphere. Haven't been there, though.
- Nologo looks good whenever I walk by, but I haven't been there, either.
- Spices at the President Wilson Hotel. Expensive, though.
- Le Comptoir if you want to take them to a very hip restaurant (my parents aren't that hip, but maybe yours are!)
- I've heard that the Hotel Edelweiss on Place de la Navigation is supposed to have a good fondue and Swiss atmosphere. Haven't been there, though.
- Nologo looks good whenever I walk by, but I haven't been there, either.
tiffany, Mar 17, 2006 @ 14:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
No Logo has great food, but is really very expensive. Sadly it does not have a non-smoking section, but on the other hand, does not get as smokey as many other 'smoking' restaurants. It is stylish in decor but also a bit noisy because of it (lack of soft furnishings to absorb sound), so not a place for a quiet dinner.

Kiriel
No Logo has great food, but is really very expensive. Sadly it does not have a non-smoking section, but on the other hand, does not get as smokey as many other 'smoking' restaurants. It is stylish in decor but also a bit noisy because of it (lack of soft furnishings to absorb sound), so not a place for a quiet dinner.

Kiriel
Kiriel, Mar 27, 2006 @ 13:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1179 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form