Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Looking for a lawyer / notary / accountant who is certified to certify identity documents

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for a lawyer / notary / accountant who is certified to certify identity documents

Can anyone recommend a lawyer / notary / accountant who can certify a copy of my identity as a true copy, with some specific text "original sighted and verified and bears a true likeness/resemblance to the individual whom I have met". 

Any recommendations where I can go would be appreciated, and also one that doesn't charge a fortune for it!  Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Can anyone recommend a lawyer / notary / accountant who can certify a copy of my identity as a true copy, with some specific text "original sighted and verified and bears a true likeness/resemblance to the individual whom I have met". 

Any recommendations where I can go would be appreciated, and also one that doesn't charge a fortune for it!  Thanks!

seanf_1Sep 10, 2018 @ 18:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1029 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for a lawyer / notary / accountant who is certified to certify identity documents
Post 1

I can’t recommend anyone but be aware that there are fixed tariffs for this kind of work.  You can ask to see the cost before confirming the transaction.

Best, R.

I can’t recommend anyone but be aware that there are fixed tariffs for this kind of work.  You can ask to see the cost before confirming the transaction.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Sep 10, 2018 @ 20:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Looking for a lawyer / notary / accountant who is certified to certify identity documents
Post 2

if you don't get any recommendations here, maybe you could go to your local Mairie and ask there for a list of lawyers  who do this in your commune.

if you don't get any recommendations here, maybe you could go to your local Mairie and ask there for a list of lawyers  who do this in your commune.

TogJay, Sep 10, 2018 @ 21:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

If you also need a translation of your document, contact the Geneva Association of Sworn Translators (see their website for details).  As already mentioned,  fixed tariffs apply but this is a domain where you need the assurance that the work is legally authentic.

If you also need a translation of your document, contact the Geneva Association of Sworn Translators (see their website for details).  As already mentioned,  fixed tariffs apply but this is a domain where you need the assurance that the work is legally authentic.

Ritchie, Sep 10, 2018 @ 23:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I also need this but no idea where to go

I also need this but no idea where to go

safaribarbar, Sep 14, 2018 @ 10:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Any notary firm from this list:

https://notaires-geneve.ch/fr/liste-des-notaires

Any notary firm from this list:

https://notaires-geneve.ch/fr/liste-des-notaires

Alexandre P, Sep 14, 2018 @ 11:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Notaries in Geneva can be very expensive - if you just need an apostile or verification of a document (the more typical US notary work) you may want to try one in France (they are a bit more affordable). I think there was one recommended on a similar thread recently.

Also for US citizens the Embassy just announced they will be doing a tour of Switzerland with US notary services at different times in Geneva, Zurich, Basel, etc. . . Check the consular services section of the Embassy website. Otherwise, only the Embassy in Bern has those services on the regular.

Notaries in Geneva can be very expensive - if you just need an apostile or verification of a document (the more typical US notary work) you may want to try one in France (they are a bit more affordable). I think there was one recommended on a similar thread recently.

Also for US citizens the Embassy just announced they will be doing a tour of Switzerland with US notary services at different times in Geneva, Zurich, Basel, etc. . . Check the consular services section of the Embassy website. Otherwise, only the Embassy in Bern has those services on the regular.

mbgoldst, Sep 15, 2018 @ 10:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Your profile says you are originally from the UK. Have  you already checked with the UK embassy? They provide notarial services to UK citizens.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-switzerland#proof-of-address-and-identity

Your profile says you are originally from the UK. Have  you already checked with the UK embassy? They provide notarial services to UK citizens.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-switzerland#proof-of-address-and-identity

JR M, Sep 15, 2018 @ 20:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I have just had documents cerified by a notary from the notaires Geneve list. I used the notaires at Cours de Bastions, Morand- Jaquemoud, and their secretary was really very friendly and service- oriented. It was 82 CHF for 2 docs. 

I have just had documents cerified by a notary from the notaires Geneve list. I used the notaires at Cours de Bastions, Morand- Jaquemoud, and their secretary was really very friendly and service- oriented. It was 82 CHF for 2 docs. 

safaribarbar, Sep 21, 2018 @ 15:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1029 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form