Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Looking for exchange chf to usd

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Looking for exchange chf to usd

would anyone have USD that they would be willing/need to exchange for CHF. It could help us both bypass having to pay commission at an exchange place! Let me know 

The text you are quoting:

would anyone have USD that they would be willing/need to exchange for CHF. It could help us both bypass having to pay commission at an exchange place! Let me know 

Su LeeDec 7, 2018 @ 09:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1153 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Looking for exchange chf to usd
Post 1

Lol Im not..... I suppose I should ask the same? could you send me a private message and we try to work this out? I am new to Glocals so I am not sure how to do it. Thanks! 

Lol Im not..... I suppose I should ask the same? could you send me a private message and we try to work this out? I am new to Glocals so I am not sure how to do it. Thanks! 

Su Lee, Dec 7, 2018 @ 10:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Change Migros do a great exchange rate for almost any currency in cash, so you could check the closest agency to where you are:

https://www.migros.ch/fr/cooperatives/migros-geneve/change-migros/bureaux-de-change.html

Change Migros do a great exchange rate for almost any currency in cash, so you could check the closest agency to where you are:

https://www.migros.ch/fr/cooperatives/migros-geneve/change-migros/bureaux-de-change.html

Slava Sviridovs, Dec 7, 2018 @ 10:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you! I do agree it’s probably the best exchange place but still they don’t give you close to the market rate. 

Thank you! I do agree it’s probably the best exchange place but still they don’t give you close to the market rate. 

Su Lee, Dec 7, 2018 @ 10:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Dec 7, 18 10:33

Actually, the rate Migros offers is better than most banks' and I have never had to pay a commission.

You should not base your expectations on "market rate" posted on sites like Oanda. Those are bank to bank rates for exchange of really large amounts.

If you need USD because you are travelling there, just withdraw them from an ATM when you arrive there, to get the best (bank to bank) rate. If your Swiss bank has a parternship with a US bank you won't pay anything for the withdrawal.

Actually, the rate Migros offers is better than most banks' and I have never had to pay a commission.

You should not base your expectations on "market rate" posted on sites like Oanda. Those are bank to bank rates for exchange of really large amounts.

If you need USD because you are travelling there, just withdraw them from an ATM when you arrive there, to get the best (bank to bank) rate. If your Swiss bank has a parternship with a US bank you won't pay anything for the withdrawal.

JR M, Dec 7, 2018 @ 11:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

You can try Revolut, you would have to pay your cash into bank then transfer on to Revolut card but then you can switch between currencies on the app at interbank rates (no spread) and no commission. There are some limits but it allows up to few thousand USD equivalent per annum.

https://www.revolut.com/

You can try Revolut, you would have to pay your cash into bank then transfer on to Revolut card but then you can switch between currencies on the app at interbank rates (no spread) and no commission. There are some limits but it allows up to few thousand USD equivalent per annum.

https://www.revolut.com/

Rade, Dec 10, 2018 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1153 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form