Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Medical tips of the week from your forum moderator

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Medical tips of the week from your forum moderator
This week, I prepared a list for you with 3 contacts related to the medical field that might be really useful…a vet, a pediatrician and a gynecologist. For the last one, I believe some ladies could potentially find it embarrassing to post it here…)

Vet
Cabinet Veterinaire des Tuileries
Ch. Des Tuileries 42, 1293 Bellevue
022 774 25 25
Comments: It is not located in the centre of Geneva, but if you have a car (or pay Chf30.- for a taxi), your pets will thank you! The vets, Alain and Wolfgang are really good, speak English, and the prices are fair. They deal with almost any kind of animal (from cats to lizards…and it can be quite an experience while sitting in the waiting room!). The other advantage is that they are opened from 07h-20h.

Pediatrician
Dr. Claude Bolognini
Ch. Francois-Lehmann 12, 1218 Le Grand-Saconnex
022 798 69 66
Comments: Not always easy to find a good doc for your cuties! This one speaks little English, but is extremely knowledgeable (thank god!) and very keen on reassuring the parents on any concerns they might have. He also occasionally teaches at the Medicine Institute.

Gynecologist
Dr. Rolf Friedrich
Ch. De Beau-Soleil 22, 1206 Geneva
022 346 92 00
Comments: Speaks perfect English, was the responsible for the Gynecology unit of the Beaulieu Clinic. He is always available in case of any urgency, does a great follow-up during/after pregnancy, has good reputation in the market and is really aware of our needs ladies (well, stop it now, maybe not all needs!).

Hope this helps! Next week, tips on good deals for cars!
The text you are quoting:
This week, I prepared a list for you with 3 contacts related to the medical field that might be really useful…a vet, a pediatrician and a gynecologist. For the last one, I believe some ladies could potentially find it embarrassing to post it here…)

Vet
Cabinet Veterinaire des Tuileries
Ch. Des Tuileries 42, 1293 Bellevue
022 774 25 25
Comments: It is not located in the centre of Geneva, but if you have a car (or pay Chf30.- for a taxi), your pets will thank you! The vets, Alain and Wolfgang are really good, speak English, and the prices are fair. They deal with almost any kind of animal (from cats to lizards…and it can be quite an experience while sitting in the waiting room!). The other advantage is that they are opened from 07h-20h.

Pediatrician
Dr. Claude Bolognini
Ch. Francois-Lehmann 12, 1218 Le Grand-Saconnex
022 798 69 66
Comments: Not always easy to find a good doc for your cuties! This one speaks little English, but is extremely knowledgeable (thank god!) and very keen on reassuring the parents on any concerns they might have. He also occasionally teaches at the Medicine Institute.

Gynecologist
Dr. Rolf Friedrich
Ch. De Beau-Soleil 22, 1206 Geneva
022 346 92 00
Comments: Speaks perfect English, was the responsible for the Gynecology unit of the Beaulieu Clinic. He is always available in case of any urgency, does a great follow-up during/after pregnancy, has good reputation in the market and is really aware of our needs ladies (well, stop it now, maybe not all needs!).

Hope this helps! Next week, tips on good deals for cars!

IollyFeb 6, 2006 @ 17:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1776 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Medical tips of the week from your forum moderator
Post 1
Great initiative, forum moderator!
Great initiative, forum moderator!
Nir Ofek, Feb 6, 2006 @ 17:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Thanks...
Thanks...
Iolly, Feb 6, 2006 @ 18:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
And girls also go to the gynecologist for regular controls!
And girls also go to the gynecologist for regular controls!
Iolly, Feb 6, 2006 @ 20:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
I usually share Dr. Madi with only my nearest and dearest, but GOL has done so much . . . why not?

Since moving to Geneva, I've continued to be my accident-prone self. 8 weeks into living here, I broke my ankle at a post-competition party dancing to ABBA on Divonne's golf course, a year later, I developed some strange ringing in my ears that freaked me out for a while, and put cheese & a knife in my hand . . . well, you know . . . Anyway, I've been really impressed with Geneva's entire medical system. Nothing will ever top how impressed I have been and continue to be with Dr. Madi.

Dr. Madi, a General Practitioner (GP), is the absolute best doctor I've ever been to anywhere I've lived. A friend of mine recommended him a few years ago, and I've been very grateful ever since.

Dr. Nasser Madi
19, Avenue de Beau-Sejour
Geneva, GE 1206
(Located by Cantonal Hospital - Champel)
022-830-0045

Dr. Madi speaks English, actively consults other doctors to whom he has referred you, will follow up after a visit with a phone call at home, makes himself completely accessible 24/7, and has never once refused a same day appointment my husband or I have requested. You'll never wait in his waiting room longer than a few minutes. In fact, if you're like me, you'll be disappointed that you didn't get to wait longer. His wife picks out the English language magazines in his waiting room, and I show up extra early just to get some extra time to read them.

You'll get used to calling Dr. Madi on his direct number, receiving phone calls from him at home, and corresponding by e-mail.

His receptionist is very friendly, and when realizes that you speak English, will transfer your call to him. After that initial call, you'll able to e-mail him, or call directly.

Hope this helps!
I usually share Dr. Madi with only my nearest and dearest, but GOL has done so much . . . why not?

Since moving to Geneva, I've continued to be my accident-prone self. 8 weeks into living here, I broke my ankle at a post-competition party dancing to ABBA on Divonne's golf course, a year later, I developed some strange ringing in my ears that freaked me out for a while, and put cheese & a knife in my hand . . . well, you know . . . Anyway, I've been really impressed with Geneva's entire medical system. Nothing will ever top how impressed I have been and continue to be with Dr. Madi.

Dr. Madi, a General Practitioner (GP), is the absolute best doctor I've ever been to anywhere I've lived. A friend of mine recommended him a few years ago, and I've been very grateful ever since.

Dr. Nasser Madi
19, Avenue de Beau-Sejour
Geneva, GE 1206
(Located by Cantonal Hospital - Champel)
022-830-0045

Dr. Madi speaks English, actively consults other doctors to whom he has referred you, will follow up after a visit with a phone call at home, makes himself completely accessible 24/7, and has never once refused a same day appointment my husband or I have requested. You'll never wait in his waiting room longer than a few minutes. In fact, if you're like me, you'll be disappointed that you didn't get to wait longer. His wife picks out the English language magazines in his waiting room, and I show up extra early just to get some extra time to read them.

You'll get used to calling Dr. Madi on his direct number, receiving phone calls from him at home, and corresponding by e-mail.

His receptionist is very friendly, and when realizes that you speak English, will transfer your call to him. After that initial call, you'll able to e-mail him, or call directly.

Hope this helps!
3PuttBogey, Feb 6, 2006 @ 22:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1776 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form