Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Modern ballet class?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Modern ballet class?
Hi there!

I am looking for a modern ballet class. I have a (semi-forgotten)background in classical ballet, and have tried contemporary dance and modern jazz classes here, but what I really would like to find is a class which is ballet-based but in a more free-form modern style.

Does anyone know of such a class in Geneva?

Thanks and have a lovely day,
Apple
The text you are quoting:
Hi there!

I am looking for a modern ballet class. I have a (semi-forgotten)background in classical ballet, and have tried contemporary dance and modern jazz classes here, but what I really would like to find is a class which is ballet-based but in a more free-form modern style.

Does anyone know of such a class in Geneva?

Thanks and have a lovely day,
Apple
AppleMar 9, 2006 @ 12:43
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1951 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Modern ballet class?
Post 1
I recommend the Geneva Dance Center.

The Geneva Dance Center was founded in 1980. It is first and foremost a professional training school for young ballet dancers. However, it also offers classes to amateurs of all ages who wish to dance but are not pursuing a professional career.
The Geneva Dance Center was created by Claudine and David Kamoun Allen. Claudine and David are both former professional ballet dancers who turned to dance education in 1974. Their dance philosophy and technique is strongly influenced by George Balanchine, with whom they were privileged to work between 1970 and 1974. The Geneva Dance Center has trained many young dancers who are currently professional dancers in major dance companies . The school’s priority is classical ballet .
The Geneva Dance Center is a private, non-subsidized establishment. The school also offers modern dance, jazz, and stretching classes. The student body is composed of men and women of all ages who are passionate about dancing.

Geneva Dance Center
Claudine et David Allen - Kamoun
2 rue Peillonnex
1225 Ch?ne-Bourg
Tel. +41 (0) 22 / 348 49 77
Fax. +41 (0 )22 / 348 92 66
www.geneva-dance-center.ch

Directions
· By car: from downtown Geneva, follow directions to Th?nex or Annemasse and proceed to Ch?ne-Bourg. There is an underground parking lot under the Coop supermarket at the corner of Rue de Gen?ve and rue Peillonnex. Direct access to the dance school from the parking lot.
· By tramway: take the #12 or #16 tramway to “Peillonnex” stop. The tramway stops in front of the school.
I recommend the Geneva Dance Center.

The Geneva Dance Center was founded in 1980. It is first and foremost a professional training school for young ballet dancers. However, it also offers classes to amateurs of all ages who wish to dance but are not pursuing a professional career.
The Geneva Dance Center was created by Claudine and David Kamoun Allen. Claudine and David are both former professional ballet dancers who turned to dance education in 1974. Their dance philosophy and technique is strongly influenced by George Balanchine, with whom they were privileged to work between 1970 and 1974. The Geneva Dance Center has trained many young dancers who are currently professional dancers in major dance companies . The school’s priority is classical ballet .
The Geneva Dance Center is a private, non-subsidized establishment. The school also offers modern dance, jazz, and stretching classes. The student body is composed of men and women of all ages who are passionate about dancing.

Geneva Dance Center
Claudine et David Allen - Kamoun
2 rue Peillonnex
1225 Ch?ne-Bourg
Tel. +41 (0) 22 / 348 49 77
Fax. +41 (0 )22 / 348 92 66
www.geneva-dance-center.ch

Directions
· By car: from downtown Geneva, follow directions to Th?nex or Annemasse and proceed to Ch?ne-Bourg. There is an underground parking lot under the Coop supermarket at the corner of Rue de Gen?ve and rue Peillonnex. Direct access to the dance school from the parking lot.
· By tramway: take the #12 or #16 tramway to “Peillonnex” stop. The tramway stops in front of the school.

Iolly, Mar 9, 2006 @ 13:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Modern ballet class?
Post 2
I will definitely follow this up - and may see you there :-)
I will definitely follow this up - and may see you there :-)
Apple, Mar 10, 2006 @ 10:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1951 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form