Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Monthly train pass NYON to GVA... combine CFF and TPG?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Monthly train pass NYON to GVA... combine CFF and TPG?

Dear Glocals,

I need to buy a monthly train pass from Nyon to Geneva and was wondering what the cheapest option would be.

Does anyone know if you can combine a TGP abonnement with a point-to-point travel card of CFF/SBB? In this case, I would use the TPG abonnement until the stop Versoix, and then have a CFF travel pass from Versoix to Nyon.

Also... would that mean that I cannot go into a fast train leaving GVA for Nyon, as the "borderline" between the CFF and TPG abonnement would be passed "en volant" – ah, so confused haha.

I am aware of CFF monthly passes that would include also everything covered in a TPG abonnement – these passes are just very pricey if only used for that small stretch between Nyon and Geneva.

Thanks for any insight on this!

Best, David

The text you are quoting:

Dear Glocals,

I need to buy a monthly train pass from Nyon to Geneva and was wondering what the cheapest option would be.

Does anyone know if you can combine a TGP abonnement with a point-to-point travel card of CFF/SBB? In this case, I would use the TPG abonnement until the stop Versoix, and then have a CFF travel pass from Versoix to Nyon.

Also... would that mean that I cannot go into a fast train leaving GVA for Nyon, as the "borderline" between the CFF and TPG abonnement would be passed "en volant" – ah, so confused haha.

I am aware of CFF monthly passes that would include also everything covered in a TPG abonnement – these passes are just very pricey if only used for that small stretch between Nyon and Geneva.

Thanks for any insight on this!

Best, David

David LSep 5, 2021 @ 13:54
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 801 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 801 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form