Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Moving to Geneva - Seeking Advice

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Moving to Geneva - Seeking Advice

Hello everyone,

I'm Sergio. I hope you're doing well. I'm planning to relocate to Geneva right after Christmas and I'm contemplating bringing my car from Spain. Any thoughts on whether it's worth it to bring a car to Switzerland? Also, any insights on free parking spots, possibly in Ferney Voltaire?

Additionally, I'm seeking advice on whether to move to Ferney Voltaire or stay in the Geneva area. Any recommendations on good places to start looking for apartments in both France and Geneva? I've already checked out some Facebook groups and the classifieds section on this website, which has proven to be very useful.

Thanks a lot for your input! Apologies for the lengthy message, I'm a Geneva newbie.

Best regards,

Sergio

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone,

I'm Sergio. I hope you're doing well. I'm planning to relocate to Geneva right after Christmas and I'm contemplating bringing my car from Spain. Any thoughts on whether it's worth it to bring a car to Switzerland? Also, any insights on free parking spots, possibly in Ferney Voltaire?

Additionally, I'm seeking advice on whether to move to Ferney Voltaire or stay in the Geneva area. Any recommendations on good places to start looking for apartments in both France and Geneva? I've already checked out some Facebook groups and the classifieds section on this website, which has proven to be very useful.

Thanks a lot for your input! Apologies for the lengthy message, I'm a Geneva newbie.

Best regards,

Sergio

Sergio MNov 28, 2023 @ 00:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 406 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Moving to Geneva - Seeking Advice
Post 1

Hi Sergio. Bringing a car to Geneva maybe complicated as there is limited parking spaces or you will need to rent an apartment with parking space which could additional to your rent. 

Between Ferney Voltaire and Gva. The rent in France is obviously cheaper but gettiing in and out of the border either by public transportation and car in rush hours can be a bit of a headache. Also there is no much to do in Ferney Voltaire apart from the market. You can save money but you will be coming to Geneva more often. I would move to Geneva to a place that is central and no bring my car. 

Hi Sergio. Bringing a car to Geneva maybe complicated as there is limited parking spaces or you will need to rent an apartment with parking space which could additional to your rent. 

Between Ferney Voltaire and Gva. The rent in France is obviously cheaper but gettiing in and out of the border either by public transportation and car in rush hours can be a bit of a headache. Also there is no much to do in Ferney Voltaire apart from the market. You can save money but you will be coming to Geneva more often. I would move to Geneva to a place that is central and no bring my car. 

Elianajaneth S, Nov 28, 2023 @ 21:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Moving to Geneva - Seeking Advice
Post 2

Hi Elianajaneth,

Thanks a lot for the insights! I appreciate your advice on the parking situation and the considerations between Ferney Voltaire and Geneva. It's really helpful in making my decision. I'll definitely take your points into account.

Best,

Sergio

Hi Elianajaneth,

Thanks a lot for the insights! I appreciate your advice on the parking situation and the considerations between Ferney Voltaire and Geneva. It's really helpful in making my decision. I'll definitely take your points into account.

Best,

Sergio

Sergio M, Nov 28, 2023 @ 22:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 406 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form