Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Need a travel clinic - recommendations

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Need a travel clinic - recommendations
Hello all,

In a couple of months, I am taking a year (possibly two) off to travel around the world, doing some volunteer work along the way with a couple of NGO's. I'm starting the first year or so between Africa and the Indian sub-continent. As there are no shortage of nasties to be caught along the way, I need to start compiling a list of needed shots. Does anyone know a good travel clinic in Geneva? With all the international orgs there, there must be at least a couple I would think.

Thanks in advance,
DJ
(ps - if anyone has contacts throughout Africa/Indian/Nepal/SE Asia/South America/Central America/Middle East who might want a reasonably entertaining Canadian for a house guest in the next year or so, let me know. I'm house trained, don't beg at the dinner table, and am working on getting all my shots :)
The text you are quoting:
Hello all,

In a couple of months, I am taking a year (possibly two) off to travel around the world, doing some volunteer work along the way with a couple of NGO's. I'm starting the first year or so between Africa and the Indian sub-continent. As there are no shortage of nasties to be caught along the way, I need to start compiling a list of needed shots. Does anyone know a good travel clinic in Geneva? With all the international orgs there, there must be at least a couple I would think.

Thanks in advance,
DJ
(ps - if anyone has contacts throughout Africa/Indian/Nepal/SE Asia/South America/Central America/Middle East who might want a reasonably entertaining Canadian for a house guest in the next year or so, let me know. I'm house trained, don't beg at the dinner table, and am working on getting all my shots :)
djchurchJun 6, 2006 @ 20:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 3324 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Need a travel clinic - recommendations
Post 1
I went to the University Hospital (HUG), you can get there by either the 3 or 5 or a couple of other buses. The walk-in hours are on Wednesday afternoon, otherwise, you might need an appointment. I had a doctor who spoke English and technicians (actually administered the shot) who spoke French and just a little English, but you'll muddle through even if you have no French.

I felt totally taken care of. The doctor gave me a prescription for antibiotics and immodium and other stuff to take with me on my trip. There's a doctor in Versoix that a lot of people use who speaks English, but I don't have those details.

Good luck cutting and pasting the website:
http://extranot.hcuge.ch/QuickPlace/medcom/Main.nsf/h_46CB685666C32505C1256C630037A61E/4e4bb8de2ed7766dc1256c630037c121/?OpenDocument

Hope this is helpful!
I went to the University Hospital (HUG), you can get there by either the 3 or 5 or a couple of other buses. The walk-in hours are on Wednesday afternoon, otherwise, you might need an appointment. I had a doctor who spoke English and technicians (actually administered the shot) who spoke French and just a little English, but you'll muddle through even if you have no French.

I felt totally taken care of. The doctor gave me a prescription for antibiotics and immodium and other stuff to take with me on my trip. There's a doctor in Versoix that a lot of people use who speaks English, but I don't have those details.

Good luck cutting and pasting the website:
http://extranot.hcuge.ch/QuickPlace/medcom/Main.nsf/h_46CB685666C32505C1256C630037A61E/4e4bb8de2ed7766dc1256c630037c121/?OpenDocument

Hope this is helpful!
misskate, Jun 6, 2006 @ 21:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Need a travel clinic - recommendations
Post 2
http://www.safetravel.ch

but it's in French.

The menu item "Lieux de vaccination" will give you the address and names of medical offices which can provide the necessary immunizations, travel medications, etc.

I've translated the following for you.

CENTRE DE VACCINATION - GENEVE

Address:
Cantonal Hospital, Medical Polyclinic
Medical Unit for Travel and Migration (3rd floor)
24, rue Micheli-du-Crest
1211 Geneve 14

Telephone: 022 / 372 96 15
Fax: 022 / 372 96 26

Remarks.
Enquiries: (022)
372 96 02 Africa
372 96 04 Americas and Carribean
372 96 03 Asia
Opening times (without appointment):
mo, we, fr: 12.30-15.30h
th: 16.00-18.30h

Families with infants or traveling more than 3 months should make an appointment by calling 022-372 9615

http://www.safetravel.ch

but it's in French.

The menu item "Lieux de vaccination" will give you the address and names of medical offices which can provide the necessary immunizations, travel medications, etc.

I've translated the following for you.

CENTRE DE VACCINATION - GENEVE

Address:
Cantonal Hospital, Medical Polyclinic
Medical Unit for Travel and Migration (3rd floor)
24, rue Micheli-du-Crest
1211 Geneve 14

Telephone: 022 / 372 96 15
Fax: 022 / 372 96 26

Remarks.
Enquiries: (022)
372 96 02 Africa
372 96 04 Americas and Carribean
372 96 03 Asia
Opening times (without appointment):
mo, we, fr: 12.30-15.30h
th: 16.00-18.30h

Families with infants or traveling more than 3 months should make an appointment by calling 022-372 9615

Novecento, Jun 7, 2006 @ 02:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 3324 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form