Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Nespresso Machine maintenance.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Nespresso Machine maintenance.
Where can i get a Nespresso machine repaired? Its a Koenig Classic
The text you are quoting:
Where can i get a Nespresso machine repaired? Its a Koenig Classic
genevorineJan 7, 2009 @ 12:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

17 Replies | 4174 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Nespresso Machine maintenance.
Post 1
I think the easiest thing (if you are close to downtown) is to take it into the Nespresso store that is across from the "English Gardens". I think that they have machines that they can lend you as well while yours is being fixed.

http://maps.google.ch/maps?hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&q=nespresso+%2Bgeneva&fb=1&cid=12945481648221754701&li=lmd&z=14&t=m
I think the easiest thing (if you are close to downtown) is to take it into the Nespresso store that is across from the "English Gardens". I think that they have machines that they can lend you as well while yours is being fixed.

http://maps.google.ch/maps?hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&q=nespresso+%2Bgeneva&fb=1&cid=12945481648221754701&li=lmd&z=14&t=m
Verbier, Jan 7, 2009 @ 13:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Can it be repaired? really?!... I would be very surprised.

Please, post here what the outcome will be.
Can it be repaired? really?!... I would be very surprised.

Please, post here what the outcome will be.
Evgenia, Jan 7, 2009 @ 13:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Nespresso offers a repair service on the machines. It of course depends on the age of the machine and the problem on whether it is worth it or not. In some cases it might be less expensive to just buy a new machine. The small Turmix models (100 and 150) are often on sale for CHF 149 or less at Fust, Interdiscount and MediaMarkt.
Nespresso offers a repair service on the machines. It of course depends on the age of the machine and the problem on whether it is worth it or not. In some cases it might be less expensive to just buy a new machine. The small Turmix models (100 and 150) are often on sale for CHF 149 or less at Fust, Interdiscount and MediaMarkt.
Verbier, Jan 7, 2009 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Has your NESPRESSO issue been solved? If not, let me know immediately and I will take care of it.  

Has your NESPRESSO issue been solved? If not, let me know immediately and I will take care of it.  
taco, Jan 7, 2009 @ 14:14

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Non its not solved.. the machine is almost 7 yrs old... please advice what should be done?

Non its not solved.. the machine is almost 7 yrs old... please advice what should be done?
genevorine, Jan 7, 2009 @ 14:57

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

pls check your email inbox at glocals

pls check your email inbox at glocals
taco, Jan 7, 2009 @ 15:46

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
My machine, a Magimix 2000 (in switzerland the name is different.. grrrr),s 8 years old, is having some troubles also... I am interested in reparations!
My machine, a Magimix 2000 (in switzerland the name is different.. grrrr),s 8 years old, is having some troubles also... I am interested in reparations!
LMNG, Jan 7, 2009 @ 16:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Hi

if you are a member of the nesclub, https://nesclub.nespresso.com

you can buy the Nespresso Siemens by Porsche Design for CHF 1290.00, its a great machine, and it looks nice ;)

more info http://www.nespresso.com/porsche/ (it even fixes your milk)

cheers

Anders
Hi

if you are a member of the nesclub, https://nesclub.nespresso.com

you can buy the Nespresso Siemens by Porsche Design for CHF 1290.00, its a great machine, and it looks nice ;)

more info http://www.nespresso.com/porsche/ (it even fixes your milk)

cheers

Anders
sandholm, Jan 7, 2009 @ 16:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Very Helpful!!!! Also impressive that you obviously feel 1300 CHF for a coffee machine is no big deal. Most people on here do!!!!

Very Helpful!!!! Also impressive that you obviously feel 1300 CHF for a coffee machine is no big deal. Most people on here do!!!!
lufc, Jan 7, 2009 @ 20:20

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
[quote]

Very Helpful!!!!Also impressive that you obviously feel 1300 CHF for a coffee machine is no big deal. Most people on here do!!!![/quote]

Hi...

easy up man, its a joke!!!! I would never pay 1300 for a coffee machine when you can get one for a bit over 100 CHF... on the other hand, there are people paying 1000 of CHF for watches, handbags, shoes and other stuff, even here on glocals... or they are caring fakes, but I hope they arnt, because that would just be sad...
[quote]

Very Helpful!!!!Also impressive that you obviously feel 1300 CHF for a coffee machine is no big deal. Most people on here do!!!![/quote]

Hi...

easy up man, its a joke!!!! I would never pay 1300 for a coffee machine when you can get one for a bit over 100 CHF... on the other hand, there are people paying 1000 of CHF for watches, handbags, shoes and other stuff, even here on glocals... or they are caring fakes, but I hope they arnt, because that would just be sad...
sandholm, Jan 8, 2009 @ 11:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Did you get your machine fixed? Were repairs expensive?

Whenever I try to make a long coffe- it only pours a small amount of water through the capsule- even less than an espresso! It's been doing this for the last week or so but the machine is only 18 months old. It was a gift so I don't have the guarantee. It's the Cube Turmix model - any tips?

Did you get your machine fixed? Were repairs expensive?

Whenever I try to make a long coffe- it only pours a small amount of water through the capsule- even less than an espresso! It's been doing this for the last week or so but the machine is only 18 months old. It was a gift so I don't have the guarantee. It's the Cube Turmix model - any tips?
thenixon3, Jan 12, 2009 @ 17:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

when did you do your last descaling??

when did you do your last descaling??
taco, Jan 12, 2009 @ 17:24

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

um...never! Just ordered a kit of the nespresso site. Do you think that's the problem?

um...never! Just ordered a kit of the nespresso site. Do you think that's the problem?
thenixon3, Jan 12, 2009 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

most definitely. the calcium cloggs the pipes over time and that impacts the flow. descaling cleanes the pipes from the calcium. it's like with our arteries, they need unclogging from time to time too ;) run the descaling and lemme know

most definitely. the calcium cloggs the pipes over time and that impacts the flow. descaling cleanes the pipes from the calcium. it's like with our arteries, they need unclogging from time to time too ;) run the descaling and lemme know
taco, Jan 12, 2009 @ 17:39

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15
That would be a great place to start ( poor machine !!). The water around here is relatively hard and the scale can build up. The machine should be descaled and cleaned at least every six months (I think Nespresso recommends even more often).

The other "trick" is once you have run a coffee through the machine, eject the capsule, close the lever again and then run the water for 2 seconds into a small cup. This cleans out the remaining coffee from the machine. If you are making several coffees, do this after the last one but before you turn the machine off.
That would be a great place to start ( poor machine !!). The water around here is relatively hard and the scale can build up. The machine should be descaled and cleaned at least every six months (I think Nespresso recommends even more often).

The other "trick" is once you have run a coffee through the machine, eject the capsule, close the lever again and then run the water for 2 seconds into a small cup. This cleans out the remaining coffee from the machine. If you are making several coffees, do this after the last one but before you turn the machine off.
Verbier, Jan 12, 2009 @ 17:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16
[quote]That would be a great place to start ( poor machine !!). The water around here is relatively hard and the scale can build up. The machine should be descaled and cleaned at least every six months (I think Nespresso recommends even more often).

The other "trick" is once you have run a coffee through the machine, eject the capsule, close the lever again and then run the water for 2 seconds into a small cup. This cleans out the remaining coffee from the machine. If you are making several coffees, do this after the last one but before you turn the machine off.[/quote]

many thanks Taco and Verbier- much appreciated!
[quote]That would be a great place to start ( poor machine !!). The water around here is relatively hard and the scale can build up. The machine should be descaled and cleaned at least every six months (I think Nespresso recommends even more often).

The other "trick" is once you have run a coffee through the machine, eject the capsule, close the lever again and then run the water for 2 seconds into a small cup. This cleans out the remaining coffee from the machine. If you are making several coffees, do this after the last one but before you turn the machine off.[/quote]

many thanks Taco and Verbier- much appreciated!
thenixon3, Jan 12, 2009 @ 17:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17
[quote]

most definitely. the calcium cloggs the pipes over time and that impacts the flow. descaling cleanes the pipes from the calcium. it's like with our arteries, they need unclogging from time to time too ;) run the descaling and lemme know[/quote]

The descaling didn't work!! I think it may have improved the water flow slightly as it seemed to run for a bit longer but still not enough to make a 'lungo'. I have to run it at least 3 times to fill the cup. Any other ideas?
[quote]

most definitely. the calcium cloggs the pipes over time and that impacts the flow. descaling cleanes the pipes from the calcium. it's like with our arteries, they need unclogging from time to time too ;) run the descaling and lemme know[/quote]

The descaling didn't work!! I think it may have improved the water flow slightly as it seemed to run for a bit longer but still not enough to make a 'lungo'. I have to run it at least 3 times to fill the cup. Any other ideas?
thenixon3, Jan 14, 2009 @ 10:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
17 Replies | 4174 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form