Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Organisation for the rights of 'sous-locateurs'

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Organisation for the rights of 'sous-locateurs'
I know someone posted about this ages ago but my boyfriend and I are about to have major problems with our landlady and the regie. I know there is an organisation in Geneva that can give us advice as to what our rights are as sub-letters. Does anyone know what this organisation is called and/or what its website is? I thought GOL was going to provide a section for advice on the housing market in Geneva. What happened to that? Given the amount of problems people here have with flats/regies/landlords, I think it would be really useful. Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
I know someone posted about this ages ago but my boyfriend and I are about to have major problems with our landlady and the regie. I know there is an organisation in Geneva that can give us advice as to what our rights are as sub-letters. Does anyone know what this organisation is called and/or what its website is? I thought GOL was going to provide a section for advice on the housing market in Geneva. What happened to that? Given the amount of problems people here have with flats/regies/landlords, I think it would be really useful. Thanks!
LuanneMay 30, 2006 @ 19:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1093 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Organisation for the rights of 'sous-locateurs'
Post 1
they do not provide you any information over the phone though. You have to go there on specific hours (that they can tell you over the phone!) and wait for your turn. Plus, you have to pay chf55.- upfront without even knowing if they will be able to help you...but it's worth it! You have then to pay chf55.- annually and you are covered any time you might want to go there. Their number is 022 732 50 20.
they do not provide you any information over the phone though. You have to go there on specific hours (that they can tell you over the phone!) and wait for your turn. Plus, you have to pay chf55.- upfront without even knowing if they will be able to help you...but it's worth it! You have then to pay chf55.- annually and you are covered any time you might want to go there. Their number is 022 732 50 20.
Iolly, May 30, 2006 @ 20:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
i know people who have had landlord problems and after going there and then merely writing the landlords/regies that they were going to be following the advice of this organisation, the landlords just gave in rather than dealing with the eventual legal nightmare that might have followed. in another case the regies found them a new apartment before they had to leave. once your in, its tough to get you out...good luck!
i know people who have had landlord problems and after going there and then merely writing the landlords/regies that they were going to be following the advice of this organisation, the landlords just gave in rather than dealing with the eventual legal nightmare that might have followed. in another case the regies found them a new apartment before they had to leave. once your in, its tough to get you out...good luck!
tcfse, May 30, 2006 @ 20:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I get the feeling that regies/landlords will try to get away with whatever they can in this city, and since I'm not about to be evicted from my lovely apartment (which I only found after an epic search), I'm going to challenge them as strongly as I can. Thanks for the advice!
I get the feeling that regies/landlords will try to get away with whatever they can in this city, and since I'm not about to be evicted from my lovely apartment (which I only found after an epic search), I'm going to challenge them as strongly as I can. Thanks for the advice!
Luanne, May 31, 2006 @ 17:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1093 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form