Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Passport photos?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Passport photos?
Any suggestions on where to get some passport photos taken?? I've heard there's a machine at Cornavin but I was told that it's expensive. Not sure how expensive or if it's even true. So let's discuss, shall we?

Cheers,
Matt
The text you are quoting:
Any suggestions on where to get some passport photos taken?? I've heard there's a machine at Cornavin but I was told that it's expensive. Not sure how expensive or if it's even true. So let's discuss, shall we?

Cheers,
Matt
mrbeauAug 9, 2007 @ 19:37
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

28 Replies | 24145 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Passport photos?
Post 1
Actually thought that was the cheapest way to get it done , at a booth. Made the mistake of going to a photo shop 1st time, now that's much more expensive. Also I tried to print from my PC but I couldn't find a template for the UK PAssport, but I think there's one for the Canadian Size.
Actually thought that was the cheapest way to get it done , at a booth. Made the mistake of going to a photo shop 1st time, now that's much more expensive. Also I tried to print from my PC but I couldn't find a template for the UK PAssport, but I think there's one for the Canadian Size.
britabroad, Aug 9, 2007 @ 19:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I went to the shoe shop place next to manor (on the side closest to Rue Mont Blanc). I wanted to go for the cheaper option of getting my passport photos (US size) using the booths at the train station, but the instructions on the official forms say these are not accepted. I don't know how they can tell, but I know the US is very picky with the photo quality. I think the booth photos tend to come out dark. I'm pretty sure it was less than 20 but more than 10 for 4 photos.
Y
I went to the shoe shop place next to manor (on the side closest to Rue Mont Blanc). I wanted to go for the cheaper option of getting my passport photos (US size) using the booths at the train station, but the instructions on the official forms say these are not accepted. I don't know how they can tell, but I know the US is very picky with the photo quality. I think the booth photos tend to come out dark. I'm pretty sure it was less than 20 but more than 10 for 4 photos.
Y
YouMeCo, Aug 9, 2007 @ 20:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I went for the safe solution and went to photo service, which can be found in town and at la praille shopping center. I went there with the details for size etc. that fit the danish requirements and he made sure it was the right size. It's probably the most expensive way to do it as it was 20chf for 4 pictures.
I went for the safe solution and went to photo service, which can be found in town and at la praille shopping center. I went there with the details for size etc. that fit the danish requirements and he made sure it was the right size. It's probably the most expensive way to do it as it was 20chf for 4 pictures.
DkXAuPair, Aug 10, 2007 @ 16:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
normaly have one,for 7 francs color 6 pictures passport size,and train station,and (plaine de Plainpalais)right next to Moulin Rouge,and bureau des Autos.
normaly have one,for 7 francs color 6 pictures passport size,and train station,and (plaine de Plainpalais)right next to Moulin Rouge,and bureau des Autos.
Michel D, Aug 10, 2007 @ 18:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
I took the 'easy' route and went to a self-service booth in Cornavin. They have options for different sized pictures--I chose 8 for 12 CHF. If you buy only 4 it's 8 CHF.

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

Cheers,
Matt
I took the 'easy' route and went to a self-service booth in Cornavin. They have options for different sized pictures--I chose 8 for 12 CHF. If you buy only 4 it's 8 CHF.

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

Cheers,
Matt
mrbeau, Aug 10, 2007 @ 18:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Hi Matt, I'm just wondering if you had any problems with the photos? I, too, used the booth in Cornavin but I've just gotten a message from the passport office to say it has not been possible to create a biometric image out of them as they're too bright. To me, they look fine but now I have to submit new photos...
Hi Matt, I'm just wondering if you had any problems with the photos? I, too, used the booth in Cornavin but I've just gotten a message from the passport office to say it has not been possible to create a biometric image out of them as they're too bright. To me, they look fine but now I have to submit new photos...
esmullen, Jul 14, 2009 @ 15:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
The quality of cameras in those booths are likely not the best, nor the lighting. Those booths are more for getting pics for the train passes. You're just going to have to cough up the extra money to have it taken at these official places rather than keep spending money at these cheaper alternatives.
The quality of cameras in those booths are likely not the best, nor the lighting. Those booths are more for getting pics for the train passes. You're just going to have to cough up the extra money to have it taken at these official places rather than keep spending money at these cheaper alternatives.
YouMeCo, Jul 16, 2009 @ 11:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
I went to the photo service place across from Carl Franz Weber downtown.  They know the exact specifications for the US passport photos as well as the Swiss.  It was relatively expensive (22 chf) but I didn't want my passport application unnecessarily delayed...
I went to the photo service place across from Carl Franz Weber downtown.  They know the exact specifications for the US passport photos as well as the Swiss.  It was relatively expensive (22 chf) but I didn't want my passport application unnecessarily delayed...
Translator, Jul 16, 2009 @ 11:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
That's about the same price I paid at the shoe & key store just next to Manor along rue rousseau
That's about the same price I paid at the shoe & key store just next to Manor along rue rousseau
YouMeCo, Jul 16, 2009 @ 13:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
Thanks very much. I'm going to try one of those places. Yes, the problem was apparently the lighting but I've fair hair and very fair skin and I've been told that can sometimes cause problems when creating a biometric image. I've been advised to stand against a greyish background to mitigate the effect of my severe whiteness and also to send as many different photos as possible so that at least one might be viable! 
Thanks very much. I'm going to try one of those places. Yes, the problem was apparently the lighting but I've fair hair and very fair skin and I've been told that can sometimes cause problems when creating a biometric image. I've been advised to stand against a greyish background to mitigate the effect of my severe whiteness and also to send as many different photos as possible so that at least one might be viable! 
esmullen, Jul 16, 2009 @ 15:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
They often have appropriate photo booths in the consulates themselves.
They often have appropriate photo booths in the consulates themselves.
Stef__Granny, Jul 16, 2009 @ 16:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

I need some photo too for usa visa application. I have pictures in usb. Please, do you know if you can use the usb to print photos from the booth.

thnx

I need some photo too for usa visa application. I have pictures in usb. Please, do you know if you can use the usb to print photos from the booth.

thnx

fred kika, Dec 12, 2012 @ 04:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Mr Beau - as you are Canadian, there is a special photo requirement for the Canadian passport - check with the embassy in Geneva and they can tell you which photo shops can do it.Sorry, no photo booths allowed !!

Then you'll find out that your passport will only be valid 5 years, and the forms you need to be signed by a qualified guarantor, and don't forget your original birth certificate, . . . . . so I don't renew my CDN passport, except if I have to go to the USA so I don't get fingerprinted and profiled by the CIA, FBI, IRS, FAA, FDA, USCIS,  . . . .

Mr Beau - as you are Canadian, there is a special photo requirement for the Canadian passport - check with the embassy in Geneva and they can tell you which photo shops can do it.Sorry, no photo booths allowed !!

Then you'll find out that your passport will only be valid 5 years, and the forms you need to be signed by a qualified guarantor, and don't forget your original birth certificate, . . . . . so I don't renew my CDN passport, except if I have to go to the USA so I don't get fingerprinted and profiled by the CIA, FBI, IRS, FAA, FDA, USCIS,  . . . .

Poster, Dec 12, 2012 @ 13:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Try the photo shop above the entrance to the parking lot at Carrefour de Villereuse, preferably before 11 a.m. because of the owner's extramural commitments.

Best, R.

Try the photo shop above the entrance to the parking lot at Carrefour de Villereuse, preferably before 11 a.m. because of the owner's extramural commitments.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Dec 12, 2012 @ 13:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

OK I want to share this information for all of them who needs to get passport photo taken in geneva. 

I did two US visa photos for 5 CH at "Photo pour Tous" in 4, rue du cendrier, 1201 Geneve. 

the best and good luck

f

OK I want to share this information for all of them who needs to get passport photo taken in geneva. 

I did two US visa photos for 5 CH at "Photo pour Tous" in 4, rue du cendrier, 1201 Geneve. 

the best and good luck

f

fred kika, Dec 13, 2012 @ 17:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Oh, I think there is no Canadian Embassy in Geneva. but there is the Canadian Permanent Mission - Geneva which has colsular services.

Permanent Mission of Canada
Consular Section
5, avenue de l' Ariana
1202 Geneva.
Tel. 022/ 919 92 00 (Country code: 41)
Fax. 022/919 92 33
Office Hours: Monday to Friday - from 09:00 - 11:30 (Closed on statutory holidays).

Also for photos, call the following, I know they have special setup for international passport fotos

Fast-Foto

rue du Rhône 118, 1204 Genève

Phone 022 700 32 40

Oh, I think there is no Canadian Embassy in Geneva. but there is the Canadian Permanent Mission - Geneva which has colsular services.

Permanent Mission of Canada
Consular Section
5, avenue de l' Ariana
1202 Geneva.
Tel. 022/ 919 92 00 (Country code: 41)
Fax. 022/919 92 33
Office Hours: Monday to Friday - from 09:00 - 11:30 (Closed on statutory holidays).

Also for photos, call the following, I know they have special setup for international passport fotos

Fast-Foto

rue du Rhône 118, 1204 Genève

Phone 022 700 32 40

Dave G, Dec 13, 2012 @ 18:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

When i needed photos for US visa, was a bit stressing, as the required size was not the same as i could get at auto booths. in the end, i paid 40 (!!!!!) bucks in an agency reccomended by the US embassy webpage.

Big mistake ever, as they have a machine on site for pics and also accept pretty much everything, as they'll scan the photo.

When i needed photos for US visa, was a bit stressing, as the required size was not the same as i could get at auto booths. in the end, i paid 40 (!!!!!) bucks in an agency reccomended by the US embassy webpage.

Big mistake ever, as they have a machine on site for pics and also accept pretty much everything, as they'll scan the photo.

wanessa, Dec 13, 2012 @ 19:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Elina K, Dec 13, 2012 @ 20:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

the best and good luck

f

Dec 13, 12 17:16

Lovely Algerian guy rubs the shop. No fuss. Easy. Developed photos of ou baby for passport. Three in an extra set of 4, all for chf 5. Wish I'd gone here before trying Cournevin and getting the incorrect size!

Lovely Algerian guy rubs the shop. No fuss. Easy. Developed photos of ou baby for passport. Three in an extra set of 4, all for chf 5. Wish I'd gone here before trying Cournevin and getting the incorrect size!

Justin S, May 10, 2013 @ 11:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

can anyone confirm that teh cornavin machine has 5cmx5cm option? I need to revalid my US passport.

Thansk a lot!!!

can anyone confirm that teh cornavin machine has 5cmx5cm option? I need to revalid my US passport.

Thansk a lot!!!

Luz Carrion, Nov 13, 2013 @ 10:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Theres a passport photo booth both at the Balexert shopping centre (right near the lottery stand on the ground floor) and at the airport (opposite a flower shop i think at arrivals), both at 8 chf for 4.

Theres a passport photo booth both at the Balexert shopping centre (right near the lottery stand on the ground floor) and at the airport (opposite a flower shop i think at arrivals), both at 8 chf for 4.

Cindy L, Nov 13, 2013 @ 13:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Just went There based on this tread and paid 20 for two 2'x2' inch pictures. It's 5chf for the swiss size .

Just went There based on this tread and paid 20 for two 2'x2' inch pictures. It's 5chf for the swiss size .

Jasmine El Mulki, Jan 6, 2014 @ 13:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Great thread with some helpful leads!
Update: "Photo Pour Tous" has a page on their website regarding passport photos. For example, for the US, it's 20 CHF for two photos (you need just one photo to renew your passport). Not cheap, but they are conveniently located in central Geneva at 4 rue du Cendrier, just down the street from Manor, which is conveniently located just down the street from Cornavin station. Here is the link:

http://www.photopourtous.ch/116901.html

Great thread with some helpful leads!
Update: "Photo Pour Tous" has a page on their website regarding passport photos. For example, for the US, it's 20 CHF for two photos (you need just one photo to renew your passport). Not cheap, but they are conveniently located in central Geneva at 4 rue du Cendrier, just down the street from Manor, which is conveniently located just down the street from Cornavin station. Here is the link:

http://www.photopourtous.ch/116901.html

H E, Nov 13, 2014 @ 10:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Cassino super market near Mollesulaz. 5 Euros only !

Cassino super market near Mollesulaz. 5 Euros only !

Sadashiv Kulthe, Nov 13, 2014 @ 11:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

It s easy to get US visa photos at Photo Booth of Balexert Shopping center. It costs CHF 10.00 for 4 US visa photos. you can select the phto format as EU, Swiss or US. within 3-4 minutes you can get photos. self service and convienient. But of you go for a photo service center in Geneva, it cost CHF 25-30 for 2 US Visa photos. 

It s easy to get US visa photos at Photo Booth of Balexert Shopping center. It costs CHF 10.00 for 4 US visa photos. you can select the phto format as EU, Swiss or US. within 3-4 minutes you can get photos. self service and convienient. But of you go for a photo service center in Geneva, it cost CHF 25-30 for 2 US Visa photos. 

Prashantha Wijesinghe, Nov 5, 2016 @ 13:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Just to add, for anyone who might be looking for advice on this subject in the future, that I went to Quick Photo, Place Kléberg 3. Quick and efficient service, CHF 25 for four photos.

Just to add, for anyone who might be looking for advice on this subject in the future, that I went to Quick Photo, Place Kléberg 3. Quick and efficient service, CHF 25 for four photos.

Richard R, Mar 19, 2018 @ 14:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

There is some online solutions as well.

https://facebooth.ch for example.

Cheap and efficicent : CHF 4.90 for 6 photos!

There is some online solutions as well.

https://facebooth.ch for example.

Cheap and efficicent : CHF 4.90 for 6 photos!

fdd T, Apr 29, 2019 @ 10:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
28 Replies | 24145 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form