Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Phone to my girlfriend!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Phone to my girlfriend!
Hello guys,
I have a question:
Do you know a place where I can call my girlfriend? She stay's in Belgium, and I miss here!! :):)
And the phones in laundrenet.com are mostly broken...or they avoid calling to Belgium...
Greetz,
BG
The text you are quoting:
Hello guys,
I have a question:
Do you know a place where I can call my girlfriend? She stay's in Belgium, and I miss here!! :):)
And the phones in laundrenet.com are mostly broken...or they avoid calling to Belgium...
Greetz,
BG
BrechtFeb 21, 2006 @ 11:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1207 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Phone to my girlfriend!
Post 1
The phones at the railway station - Cornavin and below the central Post Office always seem to be used regularly. There are also places selling cards for phoning abroad cheaply near the station
The phones at the railway station - Cornavin and below the central Post Office always seem to be used regularly. There are also places selling cards for phoning abroad cheaply near the station
britabroad, Feb 21, 2006 @ 12:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
thx a lot!!
thx a lot!!
Brecht, Feb 21, 2006 @ 14:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
You can call normal phones with Skype (computer software) and the fee is very reasonable...

Might be a problem if you cannot access internet connection (although there are a lot of wifi internet bars).
You can call normal phones with Skype (computer software) and the fee is very reasonable...

Might be a problem if you cannot access internet connection (although there are a lot of wifi internet bars).
zenbrain, Feb 21, 2006 @ 16:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Isn't Skype for free?
Isn't Skype for free?
Iolly, Feb 21, 2006 @ 16:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
is free if u call PC to PC ... but u can call someone that doens't have a PC or a fast connection by calling his/her normal fixline number. And it's really really cheap!!

Try it :)
Val
is free if u call PC to PC ... but u can call someone that doens't have a PC or a fast connection by calling his/her normal fixline number. And it's really really cheap!!

Try it :)
Val
Hoiling, Feb 21, 2006 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
2 euro cents to be exact to most landlines around the world. It is how I stay in touch with my family, for 30 Euros I also have a US phone number that 'rings' on my computer!
2 euro cents to be exact to most landlines around the world. It is how I stay in touch with my family, for 30 Euros I also have a US phone number that 'rings' on my computer!
Jillybeano, Feb 21, 2006 @ 18:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
are you all so nice???
Thx a lot!!!
cya
are you all so nice???
Thx a lot!!!
cya
Brecht, Feb 21, 2006 @ 19:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
we've all been there before :)
we've all been there before :)
Jillybeano, Feb 22, 2006 @ 14:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
I bought a great USB phone for SKYPE at 1000ordi, near Carouge. You can pay online, and they'll ship to your house though. This works GREAT with SKYPE freecalls (PC to PC) or calls to landlines or mobile. See the phone here: http://www.1000ordi.ch/12520

By the way, calling a mobile from SKYPE is kind of "iffy". I'd suggest getting a RIIING card (now called UNITED MOBILE) if you need to dial overseas cheaply and often. Actually, if you give her a RIIING SIM, you can call her in Belgium, but the RIIING number is cheaper to call (its a Lichtenstein number, that allows free-roaming, i.e. free call receiving in most countries, except the US)

I think that it is only a few cents to call between European countries with RIIING.

RIING website is here. http://www.united-mobile.com/
I bought a great USB phone for SKYPE at 1000ordi, near Carouge. You can pay online, and they'll ship to your house though. This works GREAT with SKYPE freecalls (PC to PC) or calls to landlines or mobile. See the phone here: http://www.1000ordi.ch/12520

By the way, calling a mobile from SKYPE is kind of "iffy". I'd suggest getting a RIIING card (now called UNITED MOBILE) if you need to dial overseas cheaply and often. Actually, if you give her a RIIING SIM, you can call her in Belgium, but the RIIING number is cheaper to call (its a Lichtenstein number, that allows free-roaming, i.e. free call receiving in most countries, except the US)

I think that it is only a few cents to call between European countries with RIIING.

RIING website is here. http://www.united-mobile.com/
Jennifer, Mar 23, 2006 @ 19:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1207 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form