Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Plumber

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Plumber

Can anyone recommend a plumber who can give me a quote?

There is a broken pipe in my garage over my car ... but I have been asked to get a quote to have it fixed myself, and then the owner will fix it.

An English speaking plumber would be a bonus but not absolutely necessary.

The text you are quoting:

There is a broken pipe in my garage over my car ... but I have been asked to get a quote to have it fixed myself, and then the owner will fix it.

Sean CMay 21, 2019 @ 16:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

13 Replies | 684 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Plumber
Post 1

May 21, 19 16:52

The pipe is the corroded guttering above the car.

The pipe is the corroded guttering above the car.

Sean C, May 21, 2019 @ 16:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Well first, take more photos of your car and the plumbing leak. 

Second, the owner has the responsibility , not you. Because getting quotes takes alot of time, and companies are not bothered to do the best quotes. 

Further, does the owner have insurance to cover the repairs, because the plumbers factor that in there quotes.

Additionally, as long as your having leaks on your car, you should not have to pay the rent of the parking spot , not until the repair is finished.

And if you do get the quotes, your not responsible, dont. 

One company that is good and very quick to reply and repair is Oscar, most reasonable in Geneva region. They clearly indicate the hourly charges, but I would say you need to confirm there arrival and finishing, because CHF 100- per hour, they might add 30min, so best be very aware and astute. Dont sign the final report, its not you who should engage the repair plumber, it should be the owner. As they are responsible to pay. 

That saying, put your details but ensure the repair in in the Name of the owner.

http://www.oscarplombier.ch 

Finally, if any damage of your car due to rusting or grimy oils and shyt sewage, the owner needs to be aware of your time and inconveniences and possible damage to your car, due to his/her/their lack of attention to your rights as a renter / check your Bail a loyer.

Second, the owner has the responsibility , not you. Because getting quotes takes alot of time, and companies are not bothered to do the best quotes. 

Further, does the owner have insurance to cover the repairs, because the plumbers factor that in there quotes.

Additionally, as long as your having leaks on your car, you should not have to pay the rent of the parking spot , not until the repair is finished.

One company that is good and very quick to reply and repair is Oscar, most reasonable in Geneva region. They clearly indicate the hourly charges, but I would say you need to confirm there arrival and finishing, because CHF 100- per hour, they might add 30min, so best be very aware and astute. Dont sign the final report, its not you who should engage the repair plumber, it should be the owner. As they are responsible to pay. 

That saying, put your details but ensure the repair in in the Name of the owner.

Finally, if any damage of your car due to rusting or grimy oils and shyt sewage, the owner needs to be aware of your time and inconveniences and possible damage to your car, due to his/her/their lack of attention to your rights as a renter / check your Bail a loyer.

Dave G, May 21, 2019 @ 17:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

May 21, 19 17:35

Thanks a lot Dave.

Thanks a lot Dave.

Sean C, May 21, 2019 @ 17:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

good luck and thank my poster

good luck and thank my poster

Dave G, May 21, 2019 @ 19:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
It might be worth taking the request from the regie and your photos and questons to Asloca 

You would have to join (70f)and pay for the dossier being opened (20f) but you’d be covered for the rest of the year for any further problems. They could help with advice and  writing a letter to the regie about their responsibilty. (I think that all problems related to water leakage/ faulty pipes in general are the responsibility of the Regie).

https://www.asloca.ch/geneve/

It might be worth taking the request from the regie and your photos and questons to Asloca 

You would have to join (70f)and pay for the dossier being opened (20f) but you’d be covered for the rest of the year for any further problems. They could help with advice and  writing a letter to the regie about their responsibilty. (I think that all problems related to water leakage/ faulty pipes in general are the responsibility of the Regie).

https://www.asloca.ch/geneve/

TogJay, May 21, 2019 @ 22:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Just a thought in case you would go to Asloca.

IWhen you join, the adhesion is automatically renewed at the beginning of next year for 2020 coverage, so important to give them notice to cease membership if you don't want it after end of this year.. not sure if 2 months or 3 months in advance.. (maybe it's on the site?).

IWhen you join, the adhesion is automatically renewed at the beginning of next year for 2020 coverage, so important to give them notice to cease membership if you don't want it after end of this year.. not sure if 2 months or 3 months in advance.. (maybe it's on the site?).

TogJay, May 22, 2019 @ 13:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Thank you TogJay, in fact I have been to ASLOCA, and even been before a tribunal. The owner is saying it is not a problem, despite my entire car having to be repainted. After many months of back and forwarding the owner finally agreed to pay for the damage, but won't replace the pipe which caused the problem in the first place.

Their position is that is it now fixed, but as you can see from the picture the guttering is corroded, and when it overflows it drops corrosien onto the car...

I was told I can either wait for the car to be damaged again (!), or else I can get my own quote for a replacement guttering or pipe and then present it back to the tribunal. So I need a plumber who can give me a quote to do the replacement and they will probably be awarded the job also.

Thank you TogJay, in fact I have been to ASLOCA, and even been before a tribunal. The owner is saying it is not a problem, despite my entire car having to be repainted. After many months of back and forwarding the owner finally agreed to pay for the damage, but won't replace the pipe which caused the problem in the first place.

Their position is that is it now fixed, but as you can see from the picture the guttering is corroded, and when it overflows it drops corrosien onto the car...

I was told I can either wait for the car to be damaged again (!), or else I can get my own quote for a replacement guttering or pipe and then present it back to the tribunal. So I need a plumber who can give me a quote to do the replacement and they will probably be awarded the job also.

Sean C, May 22, 2019 @ 14:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

May 22, 19 14:17

By the way, this is a CHF300 per month parking place...

By the way, this is a CHF300 per month parking place...

Sean C, May 22, 2019 @ 14:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Sean C, May 22, 2019 @ 14:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

May 22, 19 13:14

In my view it’s a false economy to cancel ASLOCA membership.

If they assist you in one instance and you then resign, what will you do if you have another problem? 

ASLOCA membership is like an insurance policy.  You pay a fee in case you need help, not simply when help is necessary.

Another reassuring feature of ASLOCA membership is that you can mention it in any verbal or written discussion you have with the Régie because in practically 100% of cases the Régie will be swifter to act in your favour.

If they assist you in one instance and you then resign, what will you do if you have another problem? 

ASLOCA membership is like an insurance policy.  You pay a fee in case you need help, not simply when help is necessary.

Another reassuring feature of ASLOCA membership is that you can mention it in any verbal or written discussion you have with the Régie because in practically 100% of cases the Régie will be swifter to act in your favour.

Ritchie, May 22, 2019 @ 14:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

May 22, 19 14:29

ASLOCA are a shining light on the dark ocean of Geneva rental apartments. Cool

ASLOCA are a shining light on the dark ocean of Geneva rental apartments. Cool

Sean C, May 22, 2019 @ 14:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

May 22, 19 14:29

You just join again at their reception when you need their help.

You just join again at their reception when you need their help.

TogJay, May 22, 2019 @ 16:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

What a nightmare Sean !!

Good luck with finaly resolving it all !!

I agree about Asloca. They have helped me a lot in the past.

What a nightmare Sean !!

Good luck with finaly resolving it all !!

I agree about Asloca. They have helped me a lot in the past.

TogJay, May 22, 2019 @ 16:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
13 Replies | 684 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form