Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Plumber for blocked sink

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Plumber for blocked sink

Hi there, 

I have a sink that is stuck and need a plumber for it. Just wondeirng whether you know any plumber that could do it and who speak either english or portuguese or italian. Also, if you have any idea about how much they could charge, 

Thanks

The text you are quoting:

Hi there, 

I have a sink that is stuck and need a plumber for it. Just wondeirng whether you know any plumber that could do it and who speak either english or portuguese or italian. Also, if you have any idea about how much they could charge, 

Thanks

Serena BJul 17, 2019 @ 13:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 877 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Plumber for blocked sink
Post 1

Hi there, 

Thanks

Jul 17, 19 13:36

You could try using  a “plunger” which you can buy in any Migros or Coop.

2. You could ask your concièrge for help – if you have one, that is.

3. You could contact your Régie.

Hope this is of some help, and all the best,

Ritchie

You could try using  a “plunger” which you can buy in any Migros or Coop.

2. You could ask your concièrge for help – if you have one, that is.

3. You could contact your Régie.

Hope this is of some help, and all the best,

Ritchie

Ritchie, Jul 17, 2019 @ 16:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I have already try the plunger with no success (more thn once) and I don't have a concierge. Also, since I am a subletter I asked the owner (I cannot ask the regie) and he wasn't able to provide iwth any reference. 

Best

Serena

Hi, 

Unfortunately I have already try the plunger with no success (more thn once) and I don't have a concierge. Also, since I am a subletter I asked the owner (I cannot ask the regie) and he wasn't able to provide iwth any reference. 

Best

Serena

Serena B, Jul 17, 2019 @ 20:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You could also try ‘ unblocking products’ several times, (once is rarely enough), which would be sold at pharmacies or  ask for product advice  at L’Araignée Rouge, in Eaux Vives. 

If none of these work, I would ask the person you are subletting from to contact the Regie tp come and look. 

I had a sink that wouldn’t unblock and in fact the problem was further down the pipe in the building, and nothing to do with the pipes in my appartment. 

In this case they would have to use special equipement to clear it.

This  was done in my case by the Regie, at no cost to me.

You could also try ‘ unblocking products’ several times, (once is rarely enough), which would be sold at pharmacies or  ask for product advice  at L’Araignée Rouge, in Eaux Vives. 

If none of these work, I would ask the person you are subletting from to contact the Regie tp come and look. 

I had a sink that wouldn’t unblock and in fact the problem was further down the pipe in the building, and nothing to do with the pipes in my appartment. 

In this case they would have to use special equipement to clear it.

This  was done in my case by the Regie, at no cost to me.

TogJay, Jul 17, 2019 @ 23:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi, 

Best

Serena

Jul 17, 19 20:59

Are you sure that you have a rental arrangement with the owner of the apartment? Because it is in his own interest to maintain his property in serviceable condition and he should therefore have contact with bone fide maintenance providers. What happens if you find a plumber who does a bad job and causes damage in other apartments?  Will you be held responsible for hiring that plumber?

And even if your “landlord” does indeed own the flat, there must be an agency which manages the building – this information is usually posted in the building’s entrance and should give the names and telephone numbers, email addresses, etc., of the service providers to contact when utilities such as heating, water, refuse disposal, etc., are not functioning correctly.

If you contact these services they will be responsible should any inadvertent damage occur, not you.  Moreover, because they know the building they are more likely to trace the cause of the blockage which may be in another apartment.

(When the sink in my own fifth floor flat was blocked , I called the accredited plumber who discovered the “culprit” was the occupant of an identical  flat on the third floor.  Accordingly, I had total absolution for the damage and the cost of the work to put it right.)

Lastly, if all else fails, I suggest you contact Asloca asap and follow their advice.

All the best,

R.

Are you sure that you have a rental arrangement with the owner of the apartment? Because it is in his own interest to maintain his property in serviceable condition and he should therefore have contact with bone fide maintenance providers. What happens if you find a plumber who does a bad job and causes damage in other apartments?  Will you be held responsible for hiring that plumber?

And even if your “landlord” does indeed own the flat, there must be an agency which manages the building – this information is usually posted in the building’s entrance and should give the names and telephone numbers, email addresses, etc., of the service providers to contact when utilities such as heating, water, refuse disposal, etc., are not functioning correctly.

If you contact these services they will be responsible should any inadvertent damage occur, not you.  Moreover, because they know the building they are more likely to trace the cause of the blockage which may be in another apartment.

(When the sink in my own fifth floor flat was blocked , I called the accredited plumber who discovered the “culprit” was the occupant of an identical  flat on the third floor.  Accordingly, I had total absolution for the damage and the cost of the work to put it right.)

Lastly, if all else fails, I suggest you contact Asloca asap and follow their advice.

All the best,

R.

Ritchie, Jul 17, 2019 @ 23:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thank you very much to both for the helpful tips, 

Serena

Thank you very much to both for the helpful tips, 

Serena

Serena B, Jul 19, 2019 @ 16:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

How did you go with the sink

How did you go with the sink

Chris Gilmour, Jul 19, 2019 @ 16:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Chris, thanks for checking. The prodcut at the shodp you suggested it great, after several trying with the other it finally worked. Thanks for the tips

Hi Chris, thanks for checking. The prodcut at the shodp you suggested it great, after several trying with the other it finally worked. Thanks for the tips

Serena B, Jul 23, 2019 @ 13:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Glad it worked out for you. Happy to help with anything. 

Glad it worked out for you. Happy to help with anything. 

Chris Gilmour, Jul 23, 2019 @ 13:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 877 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form