Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Question about non-poursuite

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Question about non-poursuite

Hi everyone! I'm hoping someone can help me on an issue i have on my non-poursuite form. I somehow missed a bill so had an outstanding debt. As soon as I realized, I paid this immediately. now when I ordered a new firm, I was surprised to see it still there but with a status of paid. I am not sure what to do next. How can I clear this? Thanks so much!

Créancier / Représentant (R): État de Genève Service des contraventions, 1227 Les Acacias,

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone! I'm hoping someone can help me on an issue i have on my non-poursuite form. I somehow missed a bill so had an outstanding debt. As soon as I realized, I paid this immediately. now when I ordered a new firm, I was surprised to see it still there but with a status of paid. I am not sure what to do next. How can I clear this? Thanks so much!

Créancier / Représentant (R): État de Genève Service des contraventions, 1227 Les Acacias,

j sFeb 17, 2021 @ 10:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1060 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Question about non-poursuite
Post 1

from this page:
https://www.ge.ch/poursuites/demander-extrait-du-registre-poursuites

If applicable, the extract includes:

the list of proceedings opened with the office, or those which have been closed for less than 5 years and have not been withdrawn by the creditor. Next to each lawsuit, the amount of the debt (without interest, costs or charges) appears as well as the status of the proceedings (opening of the lawsuit, payment, act of default, etc.).

It looks like you have to ask the organisation that you owed money to to withdraw the poursuite.

from this page:
https://www.ge.ch/poursuites/demander-extrait-du-registre-poursuites

If applicable, the extract includes:

the list of proceedings opened with the office, or those which have been closed for less than 5 years and have not been withdrawn by the creditor. Next to each lawsuit, the amount of the debt (without interest, costs or charges) appears as well as the status of the proceedings (opening of the lawsuit, payment, act of default, etc.).

It looks like you have to ask the organisation that you owed money to to withdraw the poursuite.

nmcp, Feb 17, 2021 @ 15:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Having the proof that you paid the debt, you have to ask Etat de Genève Service des contraventions to cancel the poursuite by Office des poursuites. It must come from the creditor who ordered a poursuite against you.

Having the proof that you paid the debt, you have to ask Etat de Genève Service des contraventions to cancel the poursuite by Office des poursuites. It must come from the creditor who ordered a poursuite against you.

Alexandre P, Feb 19, 2021 @ 09:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you so much!! I contacted the Etat de Genève Service des contraventions and they confirmed they will cancel the poursuite by Office des poursuites. Phew!

Thank you so much!! I contacted the Etat de Genève Service des contraventions and they confirmed they will cancel the poursuite by Office des poursuites. Phew!

j s, Feb 20, 2021 @ 22:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1060 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form