Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Question on rental application dossiers

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Question on rental application dossiers

Good morning everyone,

I have recently arrived in Geneva to start a new job - at the moment staying in temporary accommodation. I have acquainted myself with the requirements for rental applications, most particularly the "full dossier" which must include your last 3 payslips.

My question is, has anyone found any flexibility in this, for people who are recently arrived in Switzerland? i.e. I could certainly provide my last 3 payslips from my last job (in Germany), but they won't reflect anything close to my new salary in Switzerland. I will only get my first Swiss payslip at the end of this month. I read somewhere that an employment contract could be accepted as an alternative to 3 payslips, but is that really true in practice?

It seems to me that the system doesn't allow for the fact that people arrive from countries with a very different cost of living (& salary levels).

Thanks for any insights you can give!

Catherine

The text you are quoting:

Good morning everyone,

I have recently arrived in Geneva to start a new job - at the moment staying in temporary accommodation. I have acquainted myself with the requirements for rental applications, most particularly the "full dossier" which must include your last 3 payslips.

My question is, has anyone found any flexibility in this, for people who are recently arrived in Switzerland? i.e. I could certainly provide my last 3 payslips from my last job (in Germany), but they won't reflect anything close to my new salary in Switzerland. I will only get my first Swiss payslip at the end of this month. I read somewhere that an employment contract could be accepted as an alternative to 3 payslips, but is that really true in practice?

It seems to me that the system doesn't allow for the fact that people arrive from countries with a very different cost of living (& salary levels).

Thanks for any insights you can give!

Catherine

Catherine HMar 13, 2022 @ 10:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1141 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Question on rental application dossiers
Post 1

Hi Catherine,

Welcome to Geneva! I know the system here is quite particular.

If you do not have your 3 payment slips just yet, you can ask your employer to provide you a salary certificate (this document will mention your yearly salary).

When applying for an apartment inform the agency that you just arrived and you can only provide them with the above mentioned document.

Hope it helps and wishing you all the best of luck in your home search!

Natasha

The text you are quoting:

Hi Catherine,

Welcome to Geneva! I know the system here is quite particular.

If you do not have your 3 payment slips just yet, you can ask your employer to provide you a salary certificate (this document will mention your yearly salary).

When applying for an apartment inform the agency that you just arrived and you can only provide them with the above mentioned document.

Hope it helps and wishing you all the best of luck in your home search!

Natasha

Natasha B, Mar 14, 2022 @ 08:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1141 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form