Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Real Estate Agents in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Real Estate Agents in Geneva

Hi all,

I am most probably moving to Geneva in July and looking to contact real estate agents.

Would appreciate any recommendations or referrals.

Best,

Karl

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I am most probably moving to Geneva in July and looking to contact real estate agents.

Would appreciate any recommendations or referrals.

Best,

Karl

karlnaimMar 24, 2013 @ 16:42
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 2082 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Real Estate Agents in Geneva
Post 1

If you can limit the amount you use them, it would be better. The way the market is in Geneva(limited supply, great demand), estate agents have a ridiculous amount of power. If you are looking for someone to walk you through the processes, and do the bits and pieces, you may as well find a relocation company as they try and find you something decent and know many estate agents, therefore have many properties at their fingertips (and they usually will try to find you the best in your range). Regies (estate agents) need not do any work as properties fly off the shelves.

There is a tenant protection company in switzerland called ASLOCA I think and they might be able to give some more 'sensible' agents. 

Shop around, otherwise you will only be given a slim selection, and make sure you read the contract carefully.

You can also try  Tout l’Immobilier and Immorama. They are lists of properties etc.

(my regie is pilet and renaud - not terrible, but considering they are only open for about 5 hours a day, it would impressive to screw up in such a short time)

If you can limit the amount you use them, it would be better. The way the market is in Geneva(limited supply, great demand), estate agents have a ridiculous amount of power. If you are looking for someone to walk you through the processes, and do the bits and pieces, you may as well find a relocation company as they try and find you something decent and know many estate agents, therefore have many properties at their fingertips (and they usually will try to find you the best in your range). Regies (estate agents) need not do any work as properties fly off the shelves.

There is a tenant protection company in switzerland called ASLOCA I think and they might be able to give some more 'sensible' agents. 

Shop around, otherwise you will only be given a slim selection, and make sure you read the contract carefully.

You can also try  Tout l’Immobilier and Immorama. They are lists of properties etc.

(my regie is pilet and renaud - not terrible, but considering they are only open for about 5 hours a day, it would impressive to screw up in such a short time)

Farzam F, Mar 24, 2013 @ 16:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks for the insight Farzam.

I see the situation has not changed since I moved out of Geneva in 2009.

Any relocation agency you would recommend?

Best,

Karl

Thanks for the insight Farzam.

I see the situation has not changed since I moved out of Geneva in 2009.

Any relocation agency you would recommend?

Best,

Karl

karlnaim, Mar 25, 2013 @ 08:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Although this is an old thread, hopefully a few newcomers will see this as it's been bumped up.

After working for a global leader in relocation for the last 6 years, I've opened a full service relocation company focusing on expats arriving in Geneva with no or limited support from their employer.

We've created 'The Basics' package offering:

Assessment phone call
Information on how to effectively search for properties in Geneva/Vaud
Clear explanation on how the market works
Quick orientation through highlighted neighborhoods
2 accompanied visits in targeted neighborhoods
Advice on what to look for, standards of flats, value for money, etc...

All of this for only 250chf. As a promotion, we're offering the first 5 people who mention Glocals a discount of 50 chf off the 250chf.

We're also having a competition giving away 2 'The Basics' packages for free (or equivalent value to our other services, including final cleanings). Anyone who likes our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Geneva-Property-Services-GPS-1750498808550260/ will be entered in the competition - tell your friends/colleagues who are just arriving and we'll be happy to help them!

Geneva Property Services (GPS)

www.genevapropertyservices.ch

Although this is an old thread, hopefully a few newcomers will see this as it's been bumped up.

After working for a global leader in relocation for the last 6 years, I've opened a full service relocation company focusing on expats arriving in Geneva with no or limited support from their employer.

We've created 'The Basics' package offering:

Assessment phone call
Information on how to effectively search for properties in Geneva/Vaud
Clear explanation on how the market works
Quick orientation through highlighted neighborhoods
2 accompanied visits in targeted neighborhoods
Advice on what to look for, standards of flats, value for money, etc...

All of this for only 250chf. As a promotion, we're offering the first 5 people who mention Glocals a discount of 50 chf off the 250chf.

We're also having a competition giving away 2 'The Basics' packages for free (or equivalent value to our other services, including final cleanings). Anyone who likes our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Geneva-Property-Services-GPS-1750498808550260/ will be entered in the competition - tell your friends/colleagues who are just arriving and we'll be happy to help them!

Geneva Property Services (GPS)

www.genevapropertyservices.ch

Matt Williams, Nov 15, 2016 @ 21:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Taking out this old thread, in order to know if any recommendation / comments on a real estate agency for buying an apartment? thanks.

Taking out this old thread, in order to know if any recommendation / comments on a real estate agency for buying an apartment? thanks.

Jessica G, Jun 12, 2019 @ 21:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I only ever read bad experiences with real estate agents in Geneva...We are thinking of selling our apartment and moving into a bigger place. Has anyone happened to have a good one? English speaking...honest...

I only ever read bad experiences with real estate agents in Geneva...We are thinking of selling our apartment and moving into a bigger place. Has anyone happened to have a good one? English speaking...honest...

M V, Oct 8, 2019 @ 10:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 2082 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form