Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Recommendations for French Tutor?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Recommendations for French Tutor?
My wife and I finally decided to burn that language lessons allowance on a two-on-one with a *certified* French tutor. Second language must be either English or German. We are interested in a pedagogically sound mix of grammar (yikes!) and situational conversation learning and practice. Twice a week at our place (Rive Droite, 10 mins from Cornavin).

If you know of someone who fits the bill & is available from mid-March, please post here or drop me an e-mail.

Thanks,

Mike

The text you are quoting:
My wife and I finally decided to burn that language lessons allowance on a two-on-one with a *certified* French tutor. Second language must be either English or German. We are interested in a pedagogically sound mix of grammar (yikes!) and situational conversation learning and practice. Twice a week at our place (Rive Droite, 10 mins from Cornavin).

If you know of someone who fits the bill & is available from mid-March, please post here or drop me an e-mail.

Thanks,

Mike

rmikeMar 2, 2006 @ 03:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1271 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Recommendations for French Tutor?
Post 1
Ab Cross-cultural services (www.abcross-cultural.com). I got my french and German teacher (1:1 lesson) from them and it was really a great experience, learning the language with someone that not only is mother tounge but learned to tutor and teach adults on the language, the culture (helping and preventing cultural clash), the grammar etc.
I emailed u the name of my teacher so u can ask for her ;)

Hope it helps!
Val
Ab Cross-cultural services (www.abcross-cultural.com). I got my french and German teacher (1:1 lesson) from them and it was really a great experience, learning the language with someone that not only is mother tounge but learned to tutor and teach adults on the language, the culture (helping and preventing cultural clash), the grammar etc.
I emailed u the name of my teacher so u can ask for her ;)

Hope it helps!
Val
Hoiling, Mar 2, 2006 @ 12:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
...there are more than a few GoL members who already posted that they would be happy to teach french to other members. But these are not certified tutors. Does this also work for you guys?

Good luck with that grammar (it won't be easy even with a certified tutor, I promise that...(-:

Nir
...there are more than a few GoL members who already posted that they would be happy to teach french to other members. But these are not certified tutors. Does this also work for you guys?

Good luck with that grammar (it won't be easy even with a certified tutor, I promise that...(-:

Nir
Nir Ofek, Mar 2, 2006 @ 17:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

> ...there are more than a few GoL members who already posted that they
> would be happy to teach french to other members. But these are not
> certified tutors. Does this also work for you guys?

Unfortunately, company policy states that they have to be certified, or else no dough. With price levels in Geneva being what they are, I'd rather not take any chances ;-)

Bests,

Mike

> ...there are more than a few GoL members who already posted that they
> would be happy to teach french to other members. But these are not
> certified tutors. Does this also work for you guys?

Unfortunately, company policy states that they have to be certified, or else no dough. With price levels in Geneva being what they are, I'd rather not take any chances ;-)

Bests,

Mike
rmike, Mar 3, 2006 @ 16:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
They frequently have teachers who provide private lessons posting their availability there - OR - you can put up a "seeking services" advertisement for free with their office.

I paid 25 CHF per hour and my teacher was certified, though not all of them are. You could put this stipulation in your ad.

http://www.unige.ch/dase/bupla/

Centre Uni-Emploi
4, rue de Candolle
1211 GENEVE 4
2?me ?tage

T?l. 022 379 75 90
Fax 022 379 77 11
[email protected]
They frequently have teachers who provide private lessons posting their availability there - OR - you can put up a "seeking services" advertisement for free with their office.

I paid 25 CHF per hour and my teacher was certified, though not all of them are. You could put this stipulation in your ad.

http://www.unige.ch/dase/bupla/

Centre Uni-Emploi
4, rue de Candolle
1211 GENEVE 4
2?me ?tage

T?l. 022 379 75 90
Fax 022 379 77 11
[email protected]
Jennifer, Mar 23, 2006 @ 20:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin