Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Remove a fridge?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Remove a fridge?

Hey anyone out there with a vehicle. I have an old medium-sized fridge to be removed this Wednesday

Apparently the Geneva electronics stores must take any items brought to them for e-disposal. So it could be taken to any shop.

I'm offering chf30 for the job.

The text you are quoting:

Hey anyone out there with a vehicle. I have an old medium-sized fridge to be removed this Wednesday

Apparently the Geneva electronics stores must take any items brought to them for e-disposal. So it could be taken to any shop.

Sean CApr 30, 2019 @ 09:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1107 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Remove a fridge?
Post 1

Call the voirie, it's free and they will come downstairs   0800224222

Call the voirie, it's free and they will come downstairs   0800224222

Michel D, Apr 30, 2019 @ 09:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks for yoru reply Michel, but I understand that voirie will not accept electronics or applicances.

http://www.ville-geneve.ch/themes/environnement-urbain-espaces-verts/recyclage-dechets-menagers/objets-encombrants/

Thanks for yoru reply Michel, but I understand that voirie will not accept electronics or applicances.

http://www.ville-geneve.ch/themes/environnement-urbain-espaces-verts/recyclage-dechets-menagers/objets-encombrants/

Sean C, Apr 30, 2019 @ 10:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

If you are buying another one which arrives Wednesday, the company that delivers the new one should normally take it away and deal with it. This is what happenes when i bought a new fridge. I'd ring them so they know to allow the time.

If  you can wait a little longer - I think 3 days is a bit short for them - and the fridge is in working condition, you could ring the below 2 associations and ask when they can come and pick it up for resell 

Centre Social Protestant

https://csp.ch/geneve/brocantes-et-boutiques/ramassage-a-domicile/

Emmaus

https://zip.ch/en/emmausgeneve-route-de-drize-carouge-ge-58DVPOejJZ/

I you call the voirie like suggested above, have you already asked your concierge if they would help you for the 30F

If you are buying another one which arrives Wednesday, the company that delivers the new one should normally take it away and deal with it. This is what happenes when i bought a new fridge. I'd ring them so they know to allow the time.

If  you can wait a little longer - I think 3 days is a bit short for them - and the fridge is in working condition, you could ring the below 2 associations and ask when they can come and pick it up for resell 

Centre Social Protestant

Emmaus

I you call the voirie like suggested above, have you already asked your concierge if they would help you for the 30F

TogJay, Apr 30, 2019 @ 10:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I posted it on keepinuse.ch

http://www.keepinuse.ch/?page_id=52/

I posted it on keepinuse.ch

http://www.keepinuse.ch/?page_id=52/

Sean C, Apr 30, 2019 @ 10:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Centre Social Protestant

Emmaus

Apr 30, 19 10:41

Thank you TogJay, I will contact those organisations. The fridge actually belongs to the regie but they are refusing to take it .... it's a long story but a typical one of abusive regies in Geneva (Alain Bordier & Clie).

Thank you for your post.

Thank you TogJay, I will contact those organisations. The fridge actually belongs to the regie but they are refusing to take it .... it's a long story but a typical one of abusive regies in Geneva (Alain Bordier & Clie).

Thank you for your post.

Sean C, Apr 30, 2019 @ 10:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Apr 30, 19 09:29

PS it is in working order if anyone wants to take it for free.

PS it is in working order if anyone wants to take it for free.

Sean C, Apr 30, 2019 @ 10:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Apr 30, 19 10:39

Good to know 

Good to know 

Michel D, Apr 30, 2019 @ 10:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Thank you for your post.

Apr 30, 19 10:46

Make a little plaque with the Regie's contact details, stick on the fridge .. Dump it in the street  :-)

You're welcome.

Make a little plaque with the Regie's contact details, stick on the fridge .. Dump it in the street  :-)

You're welcome.

John H, Apr 30, 2019 @ 14:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Thank you for your post.

Apr 30, 19 10:46

Sean, if I’m not mistaken a tenant is not allowed to dispose of a fridge (or any other equipment) that is installed in an apartment when the rental agreement begins without the régie’s prior permission.  A fridge, a cooking stove, etc., are all considered to be the apartment’s fittings.

This means that when you vacate the premises for good, you are expected to show all the items that were in situ when you moved in.

If you are unable to do this, you will be asked to pay the cost of the item(s) in question.

In my own case, I have a cupboard that has been sitting in my cellar space for decades, never used but still there because one fine day I will move away and the cupboard will be required for the departure inventory.

This requirement is normally  written in the lease, so perhaps have a look at yours.

All the best anyay, R.

Sean, if I’m not mistaken a tenant is not allowed to dispose of a fridge (or any other equipment) that is installed in an apartment when the rental agreement begins without the régie’s prior permission.  A fridge, a cooking stove, etc., are all considered to be the apartment’s fittings.

This means that when you vacate the premises for good, you are expected to show all the items that were in situ when you moved in.

If you are unable to do this, you will be asked to pay the cost of the item(s) in question.

In my own case, I have a cupboard that has been sitting in my cellar space for decades, never used but still there because one fine day I will move away and the cupboard will be required for the departure inventory.

This requirement is normally  written in the lease, so perhaps have a look at yours.

All the best anyay, R.

Ritchie, May 1, 2019 @ 00:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

All the best anyay, R.

May 1, 19 00:33

Thank you Richie,

The regie has given me written permission to get rid of it. I personally think they, with all of their resources, should take it away, especially as I asked for it to be removed prior to accepting the apartment. But thanks to glocals I have made an arrangement to dispose of it.

The regies in this town have a lot of power over tenants, it is a very one-sided equation.

Cheers,

Sean

Thank you Richie,

The regie has given me written permission to get rid of it. I personally think they, with all of their resources, should take it away, especially as I asked for it to be removed prior to accepting the apartment. But thanks to glocals I have made an arrangement to dispose of it.

The regies in this town have a lot of power over tenants, it is a very one-sided equation.

Cheers,

Sean

Sean C, May 1, 2019 @ 06:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Problem has been solved, thank you everyone