Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > "Schweiz Bereit" marketer (021 635 7788) or similar?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
"Schweiz Bereit" marketer (021 635 7788) or similar?

Has anyone got a call from those folks? They seemed to have some of my general info, like address or DOB, and were offering for a representative to advise on tax deductions.

-They couldnt clarify anything on what the deductions would be or where they would come from

-Or why the canton wouldnt do this themselves

-They have no website!

I said I would think about it before inviting a perfect stranger to come over and pour over my financial info (yes, even if they "have a badge")

The text you are quoting:

Has anyone got a call from those folks? They seemed to have some of my general info, like address or DOB, and were offering for a representative to advise on tax deductions.

-They couldnt clarify anything on what the deductions would be or where they would come from

-Or why the canton wouldnt do this themselves

-They have no website!

I said I would think about it before inviting a perfect stranger to come over and pour over my financial info (yes, even if they "have a badge")

Francois FFeb 25, 2021 @ 15:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 495 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: "Schweiz Bereit" marketer (021 635 7788) or similar?
Post 1

The number 021 6357788 is not recorded in the Swiss White Pages.

A Google search for that number returns this page where several people report the same experience as you.

It is definitely a telemarketer. Do not give any personal information and hang up. I would also have asked them where they got my telephone number and my personal information.  

The number 021 6357788 is not recorded in the Swiss White Pages.

A Google search for that number returns this page where several people report the same experience as you.

It is definitely a telemarketer. Do not give any personal information and hang up. I would also have asked them where they got my telephone number and my personal information.  

TheOmegaMan, Feb 28, 2021 @ 12:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: "Schweiz Bereit" marketer (021 635 7788) or similar?
Post 2

if you have a smartphone, download the local.ch app.  In the 'more' tab of the app there is an option for 'call identification and blocking' where you can download all the marketers and spam numbers and you then block them with one switch.  It updates roughly once a month, other than that you dont need to run the app directly.   The end result is that when you get calls from unknown company numbers, your phone will likely identify it and show you who is calling by name as well as number, and if it's a known spammer the calls wont come through at all.  Well worth it.  

if you have a smartphone, download the local.ch app.  In the 'more' tab of the app there is an option for 'call identification and blocking' where you can download all the marketers and spam numbers and you then block them with one switch.  It updates roughly once a month, other than that you dont need to run the app directly.   The end result is that when you get calls from unknown company numbers, your phone will likely identify it and show you who is calling by name as well as number, and if it's a known spammer the calls wont come through at all.  Well worth it.  

hucklewoo, Mar 1, 2021 @ 12:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 495 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form