Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Searching for a Gynecologist (Female)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Searching for a Gynecologist (Female)

Hello,

I have recently moved to Geneva and dont know much about the place.

Can anyone please help me by suggesting a gynecologist (preferably a female). Its a bit urgent?

I would really appreciate since I am studying here so I cannot afford much. At the moment I am living on the french side in Veyrier. And since I have heard that the doctors on the french side are a bit cheap so it will be more appropriate for me. Thank you

Take care

Best Regards,

Nisa

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I have recently moved to Geneva and dont know much about the place.

Can anyone please help me by suggesting a gynecologist (preferably a female). Its a bit urgent?

I would really appreciate since I am studying here so I cannot afford much. At the moment I am living on the french side in Veyrier. And since I have heard that the doctors on the french side are a bit cheap so it will be more appropriate for me. Thank you

Take care

Best Regards,

Nisa

Nisa ButtAug 16, 2013 @ 09:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

13 Replies | 6364 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Searching for a Gynecologist (Female)
Post 1

There is a big difference of price for medical bills between France and switzerland..so have a look in Ferney voltaire....in Versoix there is a german women quiet good....

Some to do not accepte new patients...

Good LuckSmile

There is a big difference of price for medical bills between France and switzerland..so have a look in Ferney voltaire....in Versoix there is a german women quiet good....

Some to do not accepte new patients...

Good LuckSmile

Sari W, Aug 16, 2013 @ 10:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Nisa,

welcome to Geneva! Cool

Unfortunately I cannot give you a recommendation, as my Gyn is male, located in Geneva, and I haven't yet seen him for an actual exam, just a consultation. 

You might also want to have a look at the  http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/geneva/gynecologists/.

Hi Nisa,

welcome to Geneva! Cool

Unfortunately I cannot give you a recommendation, as my Gyn is male, located in Geneva, and I haven't yet seen him for an actual exam, just a consultation. 

You might also want to have a look at the  http://www.glocals.com/guides/biz/geneva/gynecologists/.

Monika B, Aug 16, 2013 @ 11:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you so much for the information

Monika can you please tell me approximately how much do they charge you for consultation?

Thank you so much for the information

Monika can you please tell me approximately how much do they charge you for consultation?

Nisa Butt, Aug 16, 2013 @ 14:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

You've got a message in your inbox Smile

You've got a message in your inbox Smile

Monika B, Aug 16, 2013 @ 17:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

In Geneva, you may try the Univerisity Hospital:

http://gyneco-obstetrique.hug-ge.ch/gynecologie/gyneco_consultations.html

France would probably be cheaper, but I'm on the Swiss system and cannot really help.

There is the French Planning Familial which could even be for free under certain conditions (?). Maybe some glocal member could give some more info on these centers ??

In Geneva, you may try the Univerisity Hospital:

http://gyneco-obstetrique.hug-ge.ch/gynecologie/gyneco_consultations.html

France would probably be cheaper, but I'm on the Swiss system and cannot really help.

There is the French Planning Familial which could even be for free under certain conditions (?). Maybe some glocal member could give some more info on these centers ??

Catherine M, Aug 18, 2013 @ 17:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I was looking for a gynecologist in france, not only female, and it was fruitless. If you search the forum you will come across my posts. 

I would recommend the HUG since it is urgent, the quality of services is really high but you might end up getting a consultation from a male :) they always have a nurse present at HUG if that makes you feel better.

Good luck!

I was looking for a gynecologist in france, not only female, and it was fruitless. If you search the forum you will come across my posts. 

I would recommend the HUG since it is urgent, the quality of services is really high but you might end up getting a consultation from a male :) they always have a nurse present at HUG if that makes you feel better.

Good luck!

christine K, Aug 18, 2013 @ 19:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

If you need advice urgently, go to HUG as already suggested.

Alternatively, ring the Association des médecins du canton de Genève.  They have staff who can advise you in English if need be.

I believe there’s also an American lady gynecologist at “La Tour” hospital in Meyrin.  You may not get an appointment immediately though.

R.

If you need advice urgently, go to HUG as already suggested.

Alternatively, ring the Association des médecins du canton de Genève.  They have staff who can advise you in English if need be.

I believe there’s also an American lady gynecologist at “La Tour” hospital in Meyrin.  You may not get an appointment immediately though.

R.

Ritchie, Aug 18, 2013 @ 22:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

I highly recommend Dr Laetitia Ribordy

http://www.grangettes.ch/fr/content/dr-ribordy-laetitia

She's at the Gare des Eaux-Vives, speaks perfectly english, is very nice, in a modern and beautiful  practice. No need to say, she's very professionnal. You can get a appointment quickly since she's just opened her practice.

I highly recommend Dr Laetitia Ribordy

http://www.grangettes.ch/fr/content/dr-ribordy-laetitia

She's at the Gare des Eaux-Vives, speaks perfectly english, is very nice, in a modern and beautiful  practice. No need to say, she's very professionnal. You can get a appointment quickly since she's just opened her practice.

francoise t, Jan 1, 2015 @ 20:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hey Monika! Would you be benign enough and share with me the consultation charges please?

Hey Monika! Would you be benign enough and share with me the consultation charges please?

Shadab Arab, Oct 15, 2018 @ 18:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi Catherine! Would you know more about this? If not, would you be benign enough to guide me to the right direction?
Many thanks in advance!

Hi Catherine! Would you know more about this? If not, would you be benign enough to guide me to the right direction?
Many thanks in advance!

Shadab Arab, Oct 15, 2018 @ 18:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Oct 15, 18 18:50

Don’t forget that the charges may have increased since Monika’s last post.

Don’t forget that the charges may have increased since Monika’s last post.

Ritchie, Oct 15, 2018 @ 20:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

I cannot help you, but fyi, I was told by a female Swiss doctor, that when she was studying medecine, women were not allowed to do gynecology. So there might be a lack of qualified females.

Seems somewhat backwards, but Switzerland has always been a bit slow in women's rights.

I cannot help you, but fyi, I was told by a female Swiss doctor, that when she was studying medecine, women were not allowed to do gynecology. So there might be a lack of qualified females.

Seems somewhat backwards, but Switzerland has always been a bit slow in women's rights.

tawb, Oct 16, 2018 @ 16:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Oct 16, 18 16:40

Agreed.

But even in the UK there weren’t that many women gynecologists before the 1960-70s –

or women surgeons either.

Agreed.

But even in the UK there weren’t that many women gynecologists before the 1960-70s –

or women surgeons either.

Ritchie, Oct 16, 2018 @ 18:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
13 Replies | 6364 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form