Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Ski Season School Holidays

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Ski Season School Holidays
Not one for crowds and long lines, I did some digging today to find out when school holidays are this ski season. Things look good between Jan. 9th and Feb. 3rd. The Paris & Bordeaux regions of France start their school holidays on Feb. 4th. The busiest week seems to be Sat. Feb. 18th to the 26th. In any week during the season, due to no or half day school, Wednesdays are always busier on the slopes. Hope this and the following information helps to plan your ski trips. - Michele

GENEVA SKI SEASON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
Geneva Canton February Holiday> Sat. Feb. 18th - Sun. Feb. 26th
CDL Ski Week Grades 2-8>- Sat. Feb. 18th - Sat.
CDL Ski Week Grades 9-13> Sat. Feb. 25th - Fri. Mar. 3rd
Int'l Schools Geneva Half Term> Sat. Feb. 18th - Sun. Feb. 26th
Int'l Schools Geneva No Classes> March 20th

FRANCE SKI SEASON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
Winter Holiday Sat. Feb. 4th - Monday Feb. 20th> Bordeaux, Cr?teil, Paris, Versailles

Winter Holiday Sat. Feb. 11th - Mon. Feb. 27th> Aix-Marseille, Amiens, Besan?on, Dijon, Lille, Limoges, Nice, Orl?ans-Tours, Poitiers, Reims, Rouen, Strasbourg

Winter Holiday Sat. Feb. 18th - Monday, March 6th> Caen, Clermont-Ferrand, Grenoble, Lyon, Montpellier, Nancy-Metz, Nantes, Rennes, Toulouse

UK SKI SEASON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
Sat. Feb. 11th - Sun. Feb. 19th - Seems to be the most popular week off
Sat. Feb. 18th - Sun. Feb. 26th - Seems to be 2nd most popular week off
March 19th to April 10th - End of Term / Easter Break for many schools

US SKI SEASON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
Fri. Feb. 17th - Sun. Feb. 26th - Presidents' Week is typically a popular ski week.
The text you are quoting:
Not one for crowds and long lines, I did some digging today to find out when school holidays are this ski season. Things look good between Jan. 9th and Feb. 3rd. The Paris & Bordeaux regions of France start their school holidays on Feb. 4th. The busiest week seems to be Sat. Feb. 18th to the 26th. In any week during the season, due to no or half day school, Wednesdays are always busier on the slopes. Hope this and the following information helps to plan your ski trips. - Michele

GENEVA SKI SEASON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
Geneva Canton February Holiday> Sat. Feb. 18th - Sun. Feb. 26th
CDL Ski Week Grades 2-8>- Sat. Feb. 18th - Sat.
CDL Ski Week Grades 9-13> Sat. Feb. 25th - Fri. Mar. 3rd
Int'l Schools Geneva Half Term> Sat. Feb. 18th - Sun. Feb. 26th
Int'l Schools Geneva No Classes> March 20th

FRANCE SKI SEASON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
Winter Holiday Sat. Feb. 4th - Monday Feb. 20th> Bordeaux, Cr?teil, Paris, Versailles

Winter Holiday Sat. Feb. 11th - Mon. Feb. 27th> Aix-Marseille, Amiens, Besan?on, Dijon, Lille, Limoges, Nice, Orl?ans-Tours, Poitiers, Reims, Rouen, Strasbourg

Winter Holiday Sat. Feb. 18th - Monday, March 6th> Caen, Clermont-Ferrand, Grenoble, Lyon, Montpellier, Nancy-Metz, Nantes, Rennes, Toulouse

UK SKI SEASON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
Sat. Feb. 11th - Sun. Feb. 19th - Seems to be the most popular week off
Sat. Feb. 18th - Sun. Feb. 26th - Seems to be 2nd most popular week off
March 19th to April 10th - End of Term / Easter Break for many schools

US SKI SEASON SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
Fri. Feb. 17th - Sun. Feb. 26th - Presidents' Week is typically a popular ski week.
3PuttBogeyDec 14, 2005 @ 17:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1586 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Ski Season School Holidays
Post 1
I learned the hard way last year that it is important to take note of the ski holidays. When it gets so busy that you spend most of the day dodging people, and freezing your tush off in long lift lines, the fun can be lost. If you know when to go, you'll really enjoy it! Happy Skiing . . . Michele

P.S. Has anyone skied at Megeve yet this season? Rob and I will be visiting friends there this weekend, but don't know if we'll ski.

I learned the hard way last year that it is important to take note of the ski holidays. When it gets so busy that you spend most of the day dodging people, and freezing your tush off in long lift lines, the fun can be lost. If you know when to go, you'll really enjoy it! Happy Skiing . . . Michele

P.S. Has anyone skied at Megeve yet this season? Rob and I will be visiting friends there this weekend, but don't know if we'll ski.

3PuttBogey, Dec 15, 2005 @ 15:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hi there, many thanks for the comprehensive list of holidays. That is really useful to know and I have been looking for those details for ages! Perfect!
Hi there, many thanks for the comprehensive list of holidays. That is really useful to know and I have been looking for those details for ages! Perfect!
phil, Dec 16, 2005 @ 19:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
You're very welcome for the list. Rob and I ended up skiing with friends last Sunday in Combloux (near Megeve). The weather was fantastic, slopes were well groomed with a surprisingly good base, lift lines were scarce, and the restaurants weren't overly crowded. Add to the mix that I didn't hurt myself, and the day couldn't have been better - Happy Holidays! -Michele
You're very welcome for the list. Rob and I ended up skiing with friends last Sunday in Combloux (near Megeve). The weather was fantastic, slopes were well groomed with a surprisingly good base, lift lines were scarce, and the restaurants weren't overly crowded. Add to the mix that I didn't hurt myself, and the day couldn't have been better - Happy Holidays! -Michele
3PuttBogey, Dec 20, 2005 @ 02:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1586 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form