Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Solvable dossier but never got an apartment. What can I do?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Solvable dossier but never got an apartment. What can I do?

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions about housing in Geneva.

We are a couple with no kids in Geneva for almost 10 years (we have permis C). We are desperately looking for a larger apartment. We are currently living in a 48 m2 apartment. I had a job in Geneva but I am currently working as a consultant with foreign clients and my husband has a permanent position. We are very solvable.

We are applying to the regies for a 4 pieces apartments (the only constraint we have is a balcony and a place where to install washing machine) but since 2016 we had ZERO apartments from regie.

Sometimes they say that for 4 piece they want families with kids

My questions are:

1) is it wise to ask some agencies to help us? We heard some bad feedback from people asking for help to agencies 

2) Is the fact that I don't have a job in Switzerland an issue? Unfortunately regies don't give feedback on the dossier (and do not inform you when you didn't get the home)

3) I really need an extra room because I work at home and I need space for my desk. I usually mention that in my cover letter but maybe this is an issue...I don't know

We are really desperate. We cannot host any friends or relatives, not have dinner with more than 2 friends because we have no space enough, but mostly, I cannot organize my job desk and my documents for working in my current home.

Thanks in advance for your advice

The text you are quoting:

Hi All,

We are a couple with no kids in Geneva for almost 10 years (we have permis C). We are desperately looking for a larger apartment. We are currently living in a 48 m2 apartment. I had a job in Geneva but I am currently working as a consultant with foreign clients and my husband has a permanent position. We are very solvable.

We are applying to the regies for a 4 pieces apartments (the only constraint we have is a balcony and a place where to install washing machine) but since 2016 we had ZERO apartments from regie.

My questions are:

1) is it wise to ask some agencies to help us? We heard some bad feedback from people asking for help to agencies 

2) Is the fact that I don't have a job in Switzerland an issue? Unfortunately regies don't give feedback on the dossier (and do not inform you when you didn't get the home)

3) I really need an extra room because I work at home and I need space for my desk. I usually mention that in my cover letter but maybe this is an issue...I don't know

We are really desperate. We cannot host any friends or relatives, not have dinner with more than 2 friends because we have no space enough, but mostly, I cannot organize my job desk and my documents for working in my current home.

maria lJul 16, 2020 @ 11:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1018 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Solvable dossier but never got an apartment. What can I do?
Post 1

I can maybe help you but it will depend on your dossier .

You and your husband need to have a job in switzerland or one of them with good salary .

Let me know .

I can maybe help you but it will depend on your dossier .

You and your husband need to have a job in switzerland or one of them with good salary .

Let me know .

Shak Bush, Jul 17, 2020 @ 07:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi All,

My questions are:

Jul 16, 20 11:35

I have a 3.5 room apartment in Charmilles for 2'300 - 75 sq. m. Would you be interested in visiting?

I have a 3.5 room apartment in Charmilles for 2'300 - 75 sq. m. Would you be interested in visiting?

Sven Schmitz-Leuffen, Jul 17, 2020 @ 15:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

We are leaving our 4.5 room apartment at the end of August and need to find a replacement tenant (3120 with charges, 140m^2, details here: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/211413599975232/)

We already successfully nominated one couple (no children) but they declined. As far as I can tell the Regie care mainly about the income requirement. If you would like to visit our apartment please let me know! 

NB I will soon post a full advert for this place here.

We are leaving our 4.5 room apartment at the end of August and need to find a replacement tenant (3120 with charges, 140m^2, details here: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/211413599975232/)

We already successfully nominated one couple (no children) but they declined. As far as I can tell the Regie care mainly about the income requirement. If you would like to visit our apartment please let me know! 

NB I will soon post a full advert for this place here.

Mark W, Jul 20, 2020 @ 15:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1018 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form