Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Spiders…

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Spiders…

I didn't know Geneva even had spiders! Okay obviously spiders are everywhere, but I thought the wildlife in places like Geneva were small and not very noteworthy. I found this sucker crawling in my bedroom. After having a full panic attack our nanny calmly captured it and released it outside. I think it's called a huntsman spider. The scariest part, there was a similar sized spider in the same room, at the same time! It was so high up the wall we couldn't reach. Then it disapeared by the time we dealt with the first one. What are the chances!? Still in shock, and terrified about what else is hiding in the dark. Is this normal or do I need to move? 

The text you are quoting:

I didn't know Geneva even had spiders! Okay obviously spiders are everywhere, but I thought the wildlife in places like Geneva were small and not very noteworthy. I found this sucker crawling in my bedroom. After having a full panic attack our nanny calmly captured it and released it outside. I think it's called a huntsman spider. The scariest part, there was a similar sized spider in the same room, at the same time! It was so high up the wall we couldn't reach. Then it disapeared by the time we dealt with the first one. What are the chances!? Still in shock, and terrified about what else is hiding in the dark. Is this normal or do I need to move? 

Kristin JensenSep 13, 2021 @ 21:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1023 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Spiders…
Post 1

i'm glad you were able to capture/release. i know it's easier said than done, but try not to panic *too* much. Spiders here have *no* interest in humans. They can't help the way they look. I guess there are certain seasons where they are move visible / active.

Good luck. Call me if you have another spider incident. I'll come catch and release for you.

i'm glad you were able to capture/release. i know it's easier said than done, but try not to panic *too* much. Spiders here have *no* interest in humans. They can't help the way they look. I guess there are certain seasons where they are move visible / active.

Good luck. Call me if you have another spider incident. I'll come catch and release for you.

Zonker, Sep 14, 2021 @ 11:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I've see this type of spider in my home a few times. 

They're big and scary but according to the internet they aren't really dangerous.

Still, between these guys, the wasps and the martens (rodents that like to eat car wires) Switzerland is starting to scare me... :-)

Much respect to your nanny for dealing with him.

I've see this type of spider in my home a few times. 

They're big and scary but according to the internet they aren't really dangerous.

Still, between these guys, the wasps and the martens (rodents that like to eat car wires) Switzerland is starting to scare me... :-)

Much respect to your nanny for dealing with him.

SiteAdmin Oded, Sep 14, 2021 @ 12:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegenaria_domestica 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegenaria_domestica 

Lexa K, Sep 14, 2021 @ 13:56