Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Strange letter from Zalando

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Strange letter from Zalando

Hi Glocals 

I am facing a strange situation and need an advic. I have received last week a letter from Zalando claiming that I placed an order and didn't pay its price nor returned the product (which I really don't know what it is). They claimed they sent me emails then followed up by a letter  adding an indemnity for late paymen. This week I received another letter increasing the indemnity and threatening legal actions against me. I am very suspicious becaus:

1. I have never used Zalando and in their letter they are mentioning an order number placed on 11 Novembe, without even naming the product.

2. My first name is wrongly written in their lette.

3. I have never received an email from them and they didn't mention my email address which could mean they never had it.

4. Is there any online site in the world which would ship a product to the consumer without first being fully paid by a credit card?

5. There is no phone number or an email address for them mentioned in their letter. I thought about contactin  them but I am reluctant as they will trace my phone number and correct name.

Did anyone face a similar situation before and what will be your advic. Thank you.

The text you are quoting:

Hi Glocals 

I am facing a strange situation and need an advic. I have received last week a letter from Zalando claiming that I placed an order and didn't pay its price nor returned the product (which I really don't know what it is). They claimed they sent me emails then followed up by a letter  adding an indemnity for late paymen. This week I received another letter increasing the indemnity and threatening legal actions against me. I am very suspicious becaus:

1. I have never used Zalando and in their letter they are mentioning an order number placed on 11 Novembe, without even naming the product.

2. My first name is wrongly written in their lette.

3. I have never received an email from them and they didn't mention my email address which could mean they never had it.

4. Is there any online site in the world which would ship a product to the consumer without first being fully paid by a credit card?

5. There is no phone number or an email address for them mentioned in their letter. I thought about contactin  them but I am reluctant as they will trace my phone number and correct name.

Did anyone face a similar situation before and what will be your advic. Thank you.

Nahed ZJan 26, 2020 @ 19:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1175 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Strange letter from Zalando
Post 1

Hi Nahed,

Sounds pretty suspicious.

If this happened to me, I would contact Zalando (get their phone number from their website) and check with them to see if the demand you received is legit or not.

BTW -

You wrote that you don't beleive an online shop would send someone a product without first getting paid.

In Switzerland, a lot of online shops offer an 'Invoice after receipt of goods' payment option - meaning you pay after you receive the goods.

Still, as I mentioned, the whole situation sounds very suspicious.

Good luck,

Oded

Hi Nahed,

Sounds pretty suspicious.

If this happened to me, I would contact Zalando (get their phone number from their website) and check with them to see if the demand you received is legit or not.

BTW -

You wrote that you don't beleive an online shop would send someone a product without first getting paid.

In Switzerland, a lot of online shops offer an 'Invoice after receipt of goods' payment option - meaning you pay after you receive the goods.

Still, as I mentioned, the whole situation sounds very suspicious.

Good luck,

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Jan 27, 2020 @ 11:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

There are two possibilities:

1) Someone ordered an item on Zalando on your behalf (but giving an email address he controls), then stole the package from your mailbox. This is a common fraud in Switzerland.

2) The letter is from a scammer posing as Zalando and trying to get money from you.

In both cases you should contact Zalando ASAP via the ways listed in their website. Unfortunately, as many websites nowadays, they make very difficult to find a simple way to contact them. Dig on their website and see if you can find an email address or phone number. 

There are two possibilities:

1) Someone ordered an item on Zalando on your behalf (but giving an email address he controls), then stole the package from your mailbox. This is a common fraud in Switzerland.

2) The letter is from a scammer posing as Zalando and trying to get money from you.

In both cases you should contact Zalando ASAP via the ways listed in their website. Unfortunately, as many websites nowadays, they make very difficult to find a simple way to contact them. Dig on their website and see if you can find an email address or phone number. 

TheOmegaMan, Jan 27, 2020 @ 13:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Ouch first scenario is scary. Thanks for alerting me I will try to find a way to contact them without giving my correct name or correcting the information that I am Ms not Monsieur as per their lette.

Ouch first scenario is scary. Thanks for alerting me I will try to find a way to contact them without giving my correct name or correcting the information that I am Ms not Monsieur as per their lette.

Nahed Z, Jan 27, 2020 @ 22:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Jan 27, 20 22:37

For me the very fact that you are being incorrectly addressed demonstrates that the whole sorry story is a scam.

I receive a lot of mail addressed to Mr or Monsieur Ritchie …”, all of which is torn in two and then dumped in the paper recycling bin.

It might be worth spending a few francs on a quick consultation at one of the  “Permanence juridique” in Geneva because a letter drafted by a lawyer  could well put an end to the harassment.

All the best, R.

For me the very fact that you are being incorrectly addressed demonstrates that the whole sorry story is a scam.

I receive a lot of mail addressed to Mr or Monsieur Ritchie …”, all of which is torn in two and then dumped in the paper recycling bin.

It might be worth spending a few francs on a quick consultation at one of the  “Permanence juridique” in Geneva because a letter drafted by a lawyer  could well put an end to the harassment.

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Jan 28, 2020 @ 00:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1175 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form