Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Sublease with OCPM and regee

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Sublease with OCPM and regee

Hey guys,

Have a problematic situation with accommodation, maybe someone can give me an advice or share the experience.

I'm a student in Geneva with B permit. Was looking for an apartment for a long time and finally found a sublet. However, not the official one. My landlord didn't notify regee about me. Unfortunately other (and more legal) options just doesn't work for me as regee just won't give me any apartment because I'm a student; therefore, don't work. This is why I have to find the ways around not to end up sleeping on the street.

Now my main concern is when I will notify OCP about my new address (and renew my B permit later on), will regee be able to somehow use this information to find out that the person lending me the apartment is illegally subletting it to me?

Or OCP doesn't share this information and as long as I just give them contract between me and my landlord, everything is fine?

And in general what are the ways regee can find out about me subletting the apartment?

Thanks in advance,

Sue

The text you are quoting:

Hey guys,

Have a problematic situation with accommodation, maybe someone can give me an advice or share the experience.

I'm a student in Geneva with B permit. Was looking for an apartment for a long time and finally found a sublet. However, not the official one. My landlord didn't notify regee about me. Unfortunately other (and more legal) options just doesn't work for me as regee just won't give me any apartment because I'm a student; therefore, don't work. This is why I have to find the ways around not to end up sleeping on the street.

Now my main concern is when I will notify OCP about my new address (and renew my B permit later on), will regee be able to somehow use this information to find out that the person lending me the apartment is illegally subletting it to me?

Or OCP doesn't share this information and as long as I just give them contract between me and my landlord, everything is fine?

And in general what are the ways regee can find out about me subletting the apartment?

Thanks in advance,

Sue

Sue JNov 2, 2019 @ 04:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 758 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Sublease with OCPM and regee
Post 1

I bealieve they don't care, just provide them a proof of address. Sublease contract or attestation de domicile.

I bealieve they don't care, just provide them a proof of address. Sublease contract or attestation de domicile.

Florian P, Nov 9, 2019 @ 10:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Sublease with OCPM and regee
Post 2

Be sure to have a written subless contract and a copy of your landlord's identity preferably residence permit or passport to register your address with the OCPM. They usually do not have any reason to share your address information with the regie unless you are under a criminal investigation and there is a need to perform a raid on you in the middle of the night! 

Be sure to have a written subless contract and a copy of your landlord's identity preferably residence permit or passport to register your address with the OCPM. They usually do not have any reason to share your address information with the regie unless you are under a criminal investigation and there is a need to perform a raid on you in the middle of the night! 

Samuel O, Nov 9, 2019 @ 12:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 758 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form