Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Sublessor not paying

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Sublessor not paying

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some advice in case someone has dealt with this situation or have expertise.

I rented out my garage box on a short duration contract. When we signed, the individual paid for the month upfront, but since, he has not transferred the money or replied to me. Two payments have been missed.

Is there anything I can do about this?

All advice will be greatly appreciated!

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some advice in case someone has dealt with this situation or have expertise.

I rented out my garage box on a short duration contract. When we signed, the individual paid for the month upfront, but since, he has not transferred the money or replied to me. Two payments have been missed.

Is there anything I can do about this?

All advice will be greatly appreciated!

Vaiva ZJul 8, 2023 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 567 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Sublessor not paying
Post 1

Hi 

you can read this information detailed here ,t could help you ,       

https://www.esther-lauber.ch/index.php/en/services-real-estate-geneva/property-management/39-useful-information-on-real-estate-in-geneva/211-subletting-in-geneva-and-in-switzerland

But an advice do not try to enter thethe garage or move anything without his consent you wiill be the faulty one in this case and it is illegal to do so in Swizertland .

Good luck

Regards

Hi 

you can read this information detailed here ,t could help you ,       

https://www.esther-lauber.ch/index.php/en/services-real-estate-geneva/property-management/39-useful-information-on-real-estate-in-geneva/211-subletting-in-geneva-and-in-switzerland

But an advice do not try to enter thethe garage or move anything without his consent you wiill be the faulty one in this case and it is illegal to do so in Swizertland .

Good luck

Regards

hesham shafei, Jul 8, 2023 @ 22:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I recommend to terminate the contract in writing with a prior notice of 2 weeks (by law).

After the termination, you are not supposed to prevent the tenant from using the space until you obtain a judgment of eviction. But come on, I think you should do it. 

I recommend to terminate the contract in writing with a prior notice of 2 weeks (by law).

After the termination, you are not supposed to prevent the tenant from using the space until you obtain a judgment of eviction. But come on, I think you should do it. 

Alexandre P, Jul 9, 2023 @ 19:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

try to contact the person to understand the reasons for not paying. if it doesn't work, you will need to enforce / collect the debt

try to contact the person to understand the reasons for not paying. if it doesn't work, you will need to enforce / collect the debt

John S, Aug 1, 2023 @ 13:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 567 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form