Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Sublet rules (contract template)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Sublet rules (contract template)

Hi there,

Can anyone here possibly help me understand how to draft a temporary sublet agreement for a year? What costs do you include apart from the obvious - the "rent" - if it is a furnished ready-to-move-in apartment with internet provision?

Do you draw up an inventory of the furnished apartment? Do you take a deposit?

Need some advice before I proceed with this option.

Best wishes.

Diya

The text you are quoting:

Hi there,

Can anyone here possibly help me understand how to draft a temporary sublet agreement for a year? What costs do you include apart from the obvious - the "rent" - if it is a furnished ready-to-move-in apartment with internet provision?

Do you draw up an inventory of the furnished apartment? Do you take a deposit?

Need some advice before I proceed with this option.

Best wishes.

Diya

Diya BanerjeeMay 6, 2021 @ 15:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 525 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Sublet rules (contract template)
Post 1

Hi Diya,

I subleted my flat last year with the regie's permission. They said I could add a 20% extra for the fact that it was furnished, internet, etc... I sent them a copy of the contract and made sure the person subletting had a Home RC insurance.

I chose not to draw up the inventory as I felt the person renting could be trusted but otherwise I think it would be good. At least a rough list of big furniture, appliances, etc...

I also asked for month deposit but that depends how long the sublet is for.

Hope this helps.

T

Hi Diya,

I subleted my flat last year with the regie's permission. They said I could add a 20% extra for the fact that it was furnished, internet, etc... I sent them a copy of the contract and made sure the person subletting had a Home RC insurance.

I chose not to draw up the inventory as I felt the person renting could be trusted but otherwise I think it would be good. At least a rough list of big furniture, appliances, etc...

I also asked for month deposit but that depends how long the sublet is for.

Hope this helps.

T

Tina B, May 6, 2021 @ 18:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Tina,

This is super helpful. Thank you for taking the time to answer my query, if you don't mind could you possibly share a template of the sublet contract? If not, I understand and I will search online. Have a lovely evening.

Diya

Hi Tina,

This is super helpful. Thank you for taking the time to answer my query, if you don't mind could you possibly share a template of the sublet contract? If not, I understand and I will search online. Have a lovely evening.

Diya

Diya Banerjee, May 6, 2021 @ 19:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Also, did the Regie help you find someone - or did you have to find a sublettor yourself and pitch him/her to the regie. Sorry for too many questions!

Also, did the Regie help you find someone - or did you have to find a sublettor yourself and pitch him/her to the regie. Sorry for too many questions!

Diya Banerjee, May 6, 2021 @ 19:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Will send you a PM :)

Will send you a PM :)

Tina B, May 6, 2021 @ 20:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

May 6, 21 19:29

You have to find it yourself ;) Don't hesitate to post an ad here in the classifieds, that's how I found mine. Hope you find one.

T

You have to find it yourself ;) Don't hesitate to post an ad here in the classifieds, that's how I found mine. Hope you find one.

T

Tina B, May 6, 2021 @ 20:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 525 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form