Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Swiss health insurance...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Swiss health insurance...
First, apologies because I'm sure this has been posted about before, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to search the forums to find out, besides going through every page individually. I am about to start to navigate the complicated system of Swiss health insurance because my international insurance is running out and I have received those threatening letters from the government saying I had better get Swiss insurance, or else... So I would appreciate any tips/recommendations about insurance companies. I'm normally pretty healthy (knock on wood!) so wouldn't be going to the doctor every five seconds. Again, I'm sorry because I know people have asked this question before, but which companies would people recommend? Thanks!
The text you are quoting:
First, apologies because I'm sure this has been posted about before, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to search the forums to find out, besides going through every page individually. I am about to start to navigate the complicated system of Swiss health insurance because my international insurance is running out and I have received those threatening letters from the government saying I had better get Swiss insurance, or else... So I would appreciate any tips/recommendations about insurance companies. I'm normally pretty healthy (knock on wood!) so wouldn't be going to the doctor every five seconds. Again, I'm sorry because I know people have asked this question before, but which companies would people recommend? Thanks!
LuanneApr 5, 2006 @ 19:39
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 2386 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Swiss health insurance...
Post 1
I would recommend Progres, Zurich or Generali
I would recommend Progres, Zurich or Generali
Iolly, Apr 5, 2006 @ 20:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
The cost from the Swiss Health Insurance Co in Switzerland various from canton to canton. Another fact is, age, single or married, with or without children,
You really need to compare, I would highly recommend: www.assura.ch and www.helsana.ch and www.wincare.ch (the last one belongs to Winterthur Insurance) Good luck!
The cost from the Swiss Health Insurance Co in Switzerland various from canton to canton. Another fact is, age, single or married, with or without children,
You really need to compare, I would highly recommend: www.assura.ch and www.helsana.ch and www.wincare.ch (the last one belongs to Winterthur Insurance) Good luck!
SWISS, Apr 6, 2006 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
find out about getting "complementa" and "global" add-on policies. With "global", if you are in the USA (or anywhere), on vacation, you can go to a local doctor, or hospital, and everything is covered - up to a private room. With "complementa", you can charge-off things like massage, or homeopathic treatments, or other luxuries - as well as that "complementa" often covers parts of your deductible.

"Basic" coverage is government required, and regulated.

"Global" and "Complementa" are not - but they are good to have. Esp if you travel a lot - or have a serious operation that you'd prefer to have in your home country - at a hospital of your choice.
find out about getting "complementa" and "global" add-on policies. With "global", if you are in the USA (or anywhere), on vacation, you can go to a local doctor, or hospital, and everything is covered - up to a private room. With "complementa", you can charge-off things like massage, or homeopathic treatments, or other luxuries - as well as that "complementa" often covers parts of your deductible.

"Basic" coverage is government required, and regulated.

"Global" and "Complementa" are not - but they are good to have. Esp if you travel a lot - or have a serious operation that you'd prefer to have in your home country - at a hospital of your choice.
Jennifer, Apr 15, 2006 @ 03:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hello,
As I'm an insurance broker, I guess I could help here :)
So, first, someone wrote something very right: For the basic contracts, the only difference between companies is the price, so the cheapest, the best (at least for someone healthy, as some companies are longer to give you your money back, etc).
However, in the international organisations your were more or less covered for everything, so you might need more than what's compulsory. You should also choose carefuly your franchise (if you're young, healthy, and could afford paying 2500chf at once if you've a problem, I would strongly recommand the highest one).
A few of the companies I suggest the more often to my customers are Intras (for me, it's the best), Groupe Mutuel and Assura (not as good, but the cheapest in Geneva).
If you've any questions, the simpliest would be to contact me (079 772 97 53 or [email protected]).
Best regards,
R?my
Hello,
As I'm an insurance broker, I guess I could help here :)
So, first, someone wrote something very right: For the basic contracts, the only difference between companies is the price, so the cheapest, the best (at least for someone healthy, as some companies are longer to give you your money back, etc).
However, in the international organisations your were more or less covered for everything, so you might need more than what's compulsory. You should also choose carefuly your franchise (if you're young, healthy, and could afford paying 2500chf at once if you've a problem, I would strongly recommand the highest one).
A few of the companies I suggest the more often to my customers are Intras (for me, it's the best), Groupe Mutuel and Assura (not as good, but the cheapest in Geneva).
If you've any questions, the simpliest would be to contact me (079 772 97 53 or [email protected]).
Best regards,
R?my
RemyS, Apr 20, 2006 @ 19:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 2386 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form