Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > SwissCaution/Firstcaution Permit Card

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
SwissCaution/Firstcaution Permit Card

I have applied to Swiss Caution and First Caution. I work at the UN and have a Carte de Legitimation H, which is my permit to live and work here in Switzerland (as long as I`m with the UN). However, these agencies are saying that they dont recognize this CDL and I MUST have a B or C permit. But my CDL is the equivalent of this! This is the only permit I have, and it should be accepted!

Anyone else have an issue with this? Any suggestions?? I need the rental guarantee soon!

The text you are quoting:

I have applied to Swiss Caution and First Caution. I work at the UN and have a Carte de Legitimation H, which is my permit to live and work here in Switzerland (as long as I`m with the UN). However, these agencies are saying that they dont recognize this CDL and I MUST have a B or C permit. But my CDL is the equivalent of this! This is the only permit I have, and it should be accepted!

Anyone else have an issue with this? Any suggestions?? I need the rental guarantee soon!

Rachel MJun 14, 2013 @ 15:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 3319 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: SwissCaution/Firstcaution Permit Card
Post 1

SwissCaution and FirstCaution are insurances, in place of a rental guarantee. 

It sounds like these are only available to citizens and residents, not those here with diplomatic status (CDL holders).  Which means you'd have to get a rental guarantee from a bank.  Which is usually the equivalent of 2 or 3 months rent (depends on the landlord).  All registered banks in Switzerland offer them, though easiest is to go with the bank where you already have an account.

SwissCaution and FirstCaution are insurances, in place of a rental guarantee. 

It sounds like these are only available to citizens and residents, not those here with diplomatic status (CDL holders).  Which means you'd have to get a rental guarantee from a bank.  Which is usually the equivalent of 2 or 3 months rent (depends on the landlord).  All registered banks in Switzerland offer them, though easiest is to go with the bank where you already have an account.

Michelle W, Jun 14, 2013 @ 19:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Have you tried SmartCaution? They offered me a quotation and didn't seem too touchy on the issue..

Have you tried SmartCaution? They offered me a quotation and didn't seem too touchy on the issue..

FLEUR G, Jun 16, 2013 @ 00:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I had exactly the same problem and used smart caution. They accept applicants that hold CDL. http://www.smartcaution.ch/

I had exactly the same problem and used smart caution. They accept applicants that hold CDL. http://www.smartcaution.ch/

farz b, Jun 16, 2013 @ 11:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Zurtich insurance as well seems to take customers with carte de legitimation. The question seems to be then what the regie is willing to accept ... They do like all these insurances the same

Zurtich insurance as well seems to take customers with carte de legitimation. The question seems to be then what the regie is willing to accept ... They do like all these insurances the same

Roberto F, Feb 3, 2014 @ 13:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

https://www.zurich.ch/fr/clientele-privee/habitat-et-construction/garantie-de-loyer#en-detail

https://www.zurich.ch/fr/clientele-privee/habitat-et-construction/garantie-de-loyer#en-detail

Roberto F, Feb 3, 2014 @ 18:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 3319 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form