Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Tandoor Express - Ferney

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Tandoor Express - Ferney

About 3 weeks ago, I saw a new Indian restaurant had opened up in Ferney-Voltaire. Small place, friendly people (some from UK, one from France), "fast food" and GREAT, CHEAP food. I got 3 veg Samosa for €5.00 and Butter chicken for €8.00. The Samosa were the BEST I'VE EVER HAD, no lie. The butter chicken was also excellent.

Because I live only 5 minutes away, I went back there 4-5 times in the next 10 days or so. But, the last time I went, it seems the UK people are no longer there. And, they were out of Samosa (it was late, around 22:00 or 22:30) and the Butter Chicken was....terrible. Tasted like a tomato sauce or something.

Has anyone else been to this place? Does anyone know what happened to the UK people who helped start it? They said they were looking for a Geneva location, too, so....here's hoping.

I'll go one more time to test the butter chicken and samosa. And i'll tell the guy how terrible it was the last time. We'll see how it goes. 

The text you are quoting:

About 3 weeks ago, I saw a new Indian restaurant had opened up in Ferney-Voltaire. Small place, friendly people (some from UK, one from France), "fast food" and GREAT, CHEAP food. I got 3 veg Samosa for €5.00 and Butter chicken for €8.00. The Samosa were the BEST I'VE EVER HAD, no lie. The butter chicken was also excellent.

Because I live only 5 minutes away, I went back there 4-5 times in the next 10 days or so. But, the last time I went, it seems the UK people are no longer there. And, they were out of Samosa (it was late, around 22:00 or 22:30) and the Butter Chicken was....terrible. Tasted like a tomato sauce or something.

Has anyone else been to this place? Does anyone know what happened to the UK people who helped start it? They said they were looking for a Geneva location, too, so....here's hoping.

I'll go one more time to test the butter chicken and samosa. And i'll tell the guy how terrible it was the last time. We'll see how it goes. 

ZonkerJul 10, 2018 @ 16:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1403 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Tandoor Express - Ferney
Post 1

I saw One similaire in Nyon Center so have a look...but the idea is Excellent ...hope it will get better Again...

I saw One similaire in Nyon Center so have a look...but the idea is Excellent ...hope it will get better Again...

Sari W, Jul 11, 2018 @ 09:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks, but I'm not trying to find an alternative. I'm tyring to find information about this place and the people who worked there.

Thanks, but I'm not trying to find an alternative. I'm tyring to find information about this place and the people who worked there.

Zonker, Jul 11, 2018 @ 12:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

This is really sad that they are making bad food now because the owners are trying to expand their business! I have been there, too, and I loved the space.It really looked classy and didn’t really give you the vibe of them serving Indian cuisine. I tried some more things on the menu and it really did remind me of my time in India. I have also visited the place many times for the food and the decor. I always visited during non-rush hours so I could work. It seems very calm when the regular crowd is absent, allow you to concentrate. The ambience really got me to work because of the good food and the restaurant chair is pretty comfy which I wasn’t expecting. I will be visiting again next week, let’s see if the food is of the quality that we liked or has it deteriorated.

This is really sad that they are making bad food now because the owners are trying to expand their business! I have been there, too, and I loved the space.It really looked classy and didn’t really give you the vibe of them serving Indian cuisine. I tried some more things on the menu and it really did remind me of my time in India. I have also visited the place many times for the food and the decor. I always visited during non-rush hours so I could work. It seems very calm when the regular crowd is absent, allow you to concentrate. The ambience really got me to work because of the good food and the restaurant chair is pretty comfy which I wasn’t expecting. I will be visiting again next week, let’s see if the food is of the quality that we liked or has it deteriorated.

Bryan McMullan, Apr 1, 2019 @ 08:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1403 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form