Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Tax declaration - Interest from Savings Accounts

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Tax declaration - Interest from Savings Accounts

Hi there,

Do I need to declare the income from interests I receive on my savings accounts, at the year-end tax declaration? Or is that also considered capital gains, hence not taxed?

I am permit B, so my salary income is already taxed at source. 

Thank you,

Dan

The text you are quoting:

Hi there,

Do I need to declare the income from interests I receive on my savings accounts, at the year-end tax declaration? Or is that also considered capital gains, hence not taxed?

I am permit B, so my salary income is already taxed at source. 

Thank you,

Dan

Dan CJan 12, 2019 @ 15:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 198 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Tax declaration - Interest from Savings Accounts
Post 1

Yes Interest income is to be reported on your tax declaration. 

When you get the GEtax cd , you just go threw the forms, it will arrive at declaration of your bank accounts and it will ask for interest income and interest charges. the section is from the start in 'etat des titres'. this is a section you declare bank charges (this is speparate from Interest) 

as an example, PostFinance charges like CHF 3- per month, so bank charges at minimum is CHF 36 er year. I also claim bank charges for the annual credit card fees, as its not interest but still a finance banking facility.

The text you are quoting:

Yes Interest income is to be reported on your tax declaration. 

When you get the GEtax cd , you just go threw the forms, it will arrive at declaration of your bank accounts and it will ask for interest income and interest charges. the section is from the start in 'etat des titres'. this is a section you declare bank charges (this is speparate from Interest) 

as an example, PostFinance charges like CHF 3- per month, so bank charges at minimum is CHF 36 er year. I also claim bank charges for the annual credit card fees, as its not interest but still a finance banking facility.

Dave G, Jan 13, 2019 @ 21:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 198 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form