Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Taxes - Working in UN on B Permit

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Taxes - Working in UN on B Permit

Hi, 

Is there anyone who has had the experience of working in international organizations on a Swiss B/C Permit? I am in this situation and wanted to inform myself about the tax regime that I will fall into. 

Thanks

The text you are quoting:

Hi, 

Is there anyone who has had the experience of working in international organizations on a Swiss B/C Permit? I am in this situation and wanted to inform myself about the tax regime that I will fall into. 

Thanks

Akshat DewanFeb 15, 2020 @ 10:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 983 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Taxes - Working in UN on B Permit
Post 1

You should contact the tax office who, contrary to what you might believe, are very helpful, informative and decent! Well, that's my experience of them.Some speak English in case your French isn't up to it.

You should contact the tax office who, contrary to what you might believe, are very helpful, informative and decent! Well, that's my experience of them.Some speak English in case your French isn't up to it.

Anne-Marie L, Feb 17, 2020 @ 16:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Have you asked the HR people at UN ?   They should know and I’d ask them first before going to any tax office.

Best, R.

Have you asked the HR people at UN ?   They should know and I’d ask them first before going to any tax office.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Feb 17, 2020 @ 18:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi, HR at UN will most probably not know and will not care. Register with the tax authorities and ask them for guidance.

Hi, HR at UN will most probably not know and will not care. Register with the tax authorities and ask them for guidance.

tikati, Feb 18, 2020 @ 08:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks all! I got some help from HR at the UN. I am an edge case as my case is rather peculiar. Working in the UN on a swiss permit B or C instead of a carte de legitimation, it seems, made me liable to pay income tax in Switzerland. 

Thanks all! I got some help from HR at the UN. I am an edge case as my case is rather peculiar. Working in the UN on a swiss permit B or C instead of a carte de legitimation, it seems, made me liable to pay income tax in Switzerland. 

Akshat Dewan, Feb 23, 2020 @ 16:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Feb 23, 20 16:34

I thought that might be the case, but wasn’t sure.

And I’m pleased to read that HR was able to be of some help.  After all, that is part of their brief.

All the best, R.

I thought that might be the case, but wasn’t sure.

And I’m pleased to read that HR was able to be of some help.  After all, that is part of their brief.

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Feb 23, 2020 @ 18:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

You will probably need to pay tax and social security. Ask at the tax office (Rue du Stand if you are based in Geneva) regarding taxes and any one of the social security 'caisse', such as OCAS.

You will probably need to pay tax and social security. Ask at the tax office (Rue du Stand if you are based in Geneva) regarding taxes and any one of the social security 'caisse', such as OCAS.

Renia C, Mar 9, 2020 @ 21:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 983 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form